Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,680 members, 7,816,784 topics. Date: Friday, 03 May 2024 at 05:05 PM

Cryptolocker Ransomware - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Cryptolocker Ransomware (1015 Views)

New Ransomware Threatens To Send Your Internet History & Private Pics To Friends / 14-year-old Japanese Boy Arrested For Creating Ransomware / What To Know About The Ransomware Virus & Ways To Avoid It.. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Cryptolocker Ransomware by viqueta(m): 9:07am On May 16, 2016
This is to bring to your notice about a fast rising form of Virus known as CRYPTOLOCKER RANSOMEWARE, in this write up, I will briefly discuss about how it operates and how to prevent it

ABOUT CRYPTOLOCKER:
Cryptolocker is a ransomware Trojan horse which targets computers running Microsoft Windows, it is believed to have first been posted to the Internet on 5 September 2013.

MODE OF OPERATION:

CryptoLocker propagates via infected email attachments and other pop ups that may look harmless to the user, when activated, the malware encrypts all the files stored on your computer and even the ones on your network then the hacker will send you a link directing you to pay certain amount money over a 72hours deadline, failure to do so, they will delete the KEY that can decrypt your files thereby leaving your files encrypted and inaccessible by you the user. For now, NOTHING, I repeat NOTHING can decrypt the files, the only way is to format your system thereby you losing all your data, though the virus can be removed from your computer but your files may never be recovered.

PREVENTION:

1. The only possible way of preventing your computer from being attacked for now is NEVER to open or click YES to either any link or pop up that you are not sure of or did not request when you are browsing over the internet.
2. Ensure frequent back up of important files externally either by using an external hard drive or any other storage device.

MOD, please i would advise you take this to front page because most people are not aware of this form of virus and it is really really dangerous

follow @viqueta on twitter for more IT related issues
Re: Cryptolocker Ransomware by jeffriano: 9:53am On Oct 12, 2016
Re: Cryptolocker Ransomware by viqueta(m): 10:31am On Oct 12, 2016
jeffriano:
I removed a ransomware from my pc sometime last year . It took me few hours to figure it out and my Experience with different pc viruses helped too. By the way, I didn't use any software.

you had a back up right?
Re: Cryptolocker Ransomware by jeffriano: 1:13pm On Oct 12, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Why You Need To Upgrade To Windows 10 Before 29th July / Very Neat Hp Computer For Sale At Give Away Price / Google Allo Strangely, Speak Positively Of Microsoft Founder Bill Gates

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.