Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,352 members, 7,815,741 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 05:26 PM

Mercedes Could Create Eco Sub-brand To Rival BMW I - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Mercedes Could Create Eco Sub-brand To Rival BMW I (477 Views)

BMW Replies A Twitter User Asking For A Free Car / Top 10 Most Valuable Car Brands 2018: Mercedes Overtakes Toyota And Rival,BMW / BMW I Inside Future Concept Unveiled (amazing Photos And Unique Features) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Mercedes Could Create Eco Sub-brand To Rival BMW I by MyplanetCarNG: 2:24pm On May 16, 2016
Mercedes' Head of Sales & Marketing Ola Källenius says focus is on zero emissions, but an eco-focused sub-brand could still be on the cards

Ola Källenius believes Mercedes could consider creating an eco-focused sub-brand to rival the likes of BMW's i division, but he thinks the company should first continue to focus on expanding its fleet of plug-in hybrid and zeroemissions models.

“What we’re going to do in terms of the road to zero emissions is invest heavily in alternative drivelines and electrification,” he said. “That’s a very wide strategy, but it means that by the end of next year we will have 10 plug-in hybrid models, which, I think, is the widest portfolio of any luxury manufacturer.

“By the end of this year, we will have three electric cars, with the B-Class and the two Smarts. And at the end of next year we will launch a next-generation fuel cell vehicle, which is a zero-emissions vehicle based on the GLC platform.

“We could choose for the purpose-made electric vehicles to create some sort of sub-brand but, right now, Mercedes is focused on investing tremendous resources into the path towards zero emissions. It’s something that will affect the whole portfolio.”

See photos here: http://myplanet-car.com/autonews.php?sid=243

(1) (Reply)

Make 20% Interest On Car Deals. / Car Hire Service Available / For All Your Used Autos & Genuine/OEM American Spec Japanese Auto Parts.

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 6
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.