Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,161,812 members, 7,848,238 topics. Date: Sunday, 02 June 2024 at 06:39 PM

Must Have Apps For Those Studying/teaching English N Literary Studies - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Must Have Apps For Those Studying/teaching English N Literary Studies (527 Views)

10 Incredibly Useful Apps For Iphone Users (Photos) / Must Have Apps To Have / Beware ! Your Smart Phone May Be Teaching You Bad English (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Must Have Apps For Those Studying/teaching English N Literary Studies by Nobody: 4:28pm On May 16, 2016
I studied English/Literary studies. I currently teach English language. I find these apps so useful and only wish I had it back then in school. Here's to hoping you enjoy using them too.
1. LitCharts: this app was developed by the same people who created Sparknotes. It has over 200 books summarized and analyzed with notes on themes, symbols etc. It even works offline. Here are some of the novels included: things fall apart, a portrait of the artist as a young man, beowulf, the Aeneid, Agamemnon, Antigone, Canterbury Tales, Shakespeare's works, the Greek classics such as Iliad and many more. All Chimamanda's works are included.
2. Shakespeare Pro: well, this beats logging the complete works of Shakespeare around. All the plays, sonnets etc for free. The only paid feature is the search and bookmark function which you can easily work your way around with the last viewed feature. My favorite part of this app is the lamb's tales from Shakespeare tucked away at the bottom. It summarizes the major plays ever so neatly.
3:Literary Terms : this one is a dictionary of literature. All those figures of speech and other terms. Still learning new terms from it every other day.
4. Jane Austen Book Collection : pretty self explanatory title. I am a big fan.
5. Tophonetics: transcribes words, phrases and sentences into phonics for you. A most useful app.
6. Phrasalstien: a cool app that uses animation to teach phrasal verbs. Also look up phrasal verb machine, both are made by the same people. I have both.
7.Basic Linguistics : it's a useful textbook. You get to save some money. LAD, phonetics/ phonology etc are all there.

1 Like 2 Shares

Re: Must Have Apps For Those Studying/teaching English N Literary Studies by Nobody: 4:30pm On May 16, 2016
Still working on more
Re: Must Have Apps For Those Studying/teaching English N Literary Studies by Nobody: 4:31pm On May 16, 2016
*these apps. Sorry for the typos
Re: Must Have Apps For Those Studying/teaching English N Literary Studies by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 16, 2016
8. Phonemic Chart: makes learning and memorizing those phonics so much easier. Please add more to the list. I look forward to learning about other apps like the ones above.

(1) (Reply)

How To Recharge Phone From Your Bank Account(all Banks) / Help!!! My Infinix Hot Note Pro Just Stopped Working / Whatsapp Latest Update Download Available With “reply Or Quote Messages”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.