Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,018 members, 7,818,015 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 04:31 AM

The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student (864 Views)

The Proposed Altanzeel Univeristy Kano By Isyaka Rabiu (Photos) / Edward Kisuze, Ugandan Lecturer Arrested For Sexually Harassing A Student / Nigerian Law School Expels A Student Few Days To His Bar Final Exams (Photo) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by dubemnaija: 5:39pm On May 16, 2016
Back in my university days in gwags (UniAbuja) as an undergraduate, I could remember eating all sorts of foods that ordinarily isn't right or the normal thing to eat. I eat such either coz I was broke or I had no time to cook. I will list some of the food down here

1. white rice and powdered milk. As a student then in the hostel, I always stock my cupboard with basic food stuffs like rice, beans, yam and garri. Go broke, you will see people eating white rice with powdered milk dissolved in water. Fetch your rice in a plate, mix the milk in water and pour it on the rice and start eating.

2. Spaghetti with beans. Cook your spaghetti with red oil, onions, salt and crayfish (thats all the igredients readily available coz NO money), when the spaghetti is done, cook the beans in a seprate pot with onions, salt, red oil and maggi; make sure it very watery. mix the dish together when its done and enjoy your delicacy

3. Marshed cooked rice and bean stew. Cook your white rice with lots of water. when its done, bring down from the fire and stir with turn-garri until its sticky. Then wash ur beans and remove the 'cover' (just the way beans for akara or moi moi is done), then cook with ur normal ingredients. when the beans is done, it will look the thick sauce from porridge yam. cut some rice from the pot and add some of the bean-stew to eat and enjoy.

4. white rice with red oil. Cook your white rice. fetch the rice in a plate, sprinkle some red oil mixed with salt and then eat.

5. Bread and Red oil. That was one of the worst things I could remeber eating back then. Get your bread, slice it open and sprinkle some red oil; cover it up and munch.

6. spaghetti and yam. I usually cook this type of food whenever am running low on cash. My aim is to have food that can at least last for a very long while, so I wouldn't go hungry.

7. Low budget Ugu soup. Ingredients for this my type of ugu soup is always crayfish, oil, maggi, salt and waterleaf. With 200naira, I can comfortably arrange this type of dish grin
Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by dubemnaija: 5:46pm On May 16, 2016
add yours while I make up my list

lalasticlala tongue
Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by Kentura(m): 5:49pm On May 16, 2016
couldn't find ''garri and groundnut''

cheesy
Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by dubemnaija: 5:50pm On May 16, 2016
Kentura:
couldn't find 'garri and groundnut' :'

due to my eye problem, I was not allowed to take such
Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by ogeodi(f): 5:52pm On May 16, 2016
I remember eating cold water soaked Indomie in sec sch it was a boarding house
Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by dubemnaija: 5:57pm On May 16, 2016
ogeodi:
I remember eating cold water soaked Indomie in sec sch it was a boarding house

wow! cheesy cheesy I could also remember back in the days at FGC Nise, even though it was illegal to cook in the hostel or even bring in indomie to school, we always leave d school premises through the bushes to go and buy indomie. Kai I ate soaked indomie tire. I still do it once in a while grin

1 Like

Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by BiafraBushBoy(m): 6:11pm On May 16, 2016
Spaghetti and Rice...

Private uni don destroy my belle....
Still recovering Sha... lol

1 Like

Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by CaptainEColeJnr: 6:18pm On May 16, 2016
mtcheew .. you never see anything .. come uniben
Eba with beans grin
Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by dubemnaija: 6:34pm On May 16, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Eba with beans grin

Kai! The Devil is a liar grin grin
Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by Adeyinka1758(m): 6:41pm On May 16, 2016
dubemnaija:

Kai! The Devil is a liar grin grin
Eba wit beans is kinda common na...
Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by dubemnaija: 6:44pm On May 16, 2016
Adeyinka1758:
Eba wit beans is kinda common na...

I haven't seen shaa
Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by dubemnaija: 9:51pm On May 16, 2016
Lalasticlala
Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by Nobody: 10:19pm On May 16, 2016
CaptainEColeJnr:
Eba with beans grin

The beans has got to be watery grin grin
Re: The Abnormal Food I Ate In The Univeristy As A Student by dubemnaija: 12:22pm On May 17, 2016
kelvinreality:

The beans has got to be watery grin grin

Lol

(1) (Reply)

Learning Multiplication Tables With A Child / PHOTO: Anambra University Anti Cult Group Beat Student To Death / Kwara State University - A Government Owned Private University

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.