Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,133 members, 7,814,956 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 01:53 AM

My Email To Firstbank (they Are A Fraud) - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / My Email To Firstbank (they Are A Fraud) (865 Views)

Changing My Email On Nairaland Has Been Going Wrong, Any Help? / Firstmobile App - Do It Yourself With Firstbank Mobile App / A NAIRALANDERS EMAIL TO THE MOD THAT BANNED HIM: HE SPOKE AGAINST HERDSMEN CRIME (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

My Email To Firstbank (they Are A Fraud) by pappy4real(m): 7:32am On May 17, 2016
Honestly, I think this country needs strict policies to protect citizens from undeserved hardship and conditions meted out to us by these financial institutions. Imagine, ive been banking with firstbank since 2013 when intercontinental distillers ltd mandated us to open a salary account. I guess it wasn't too long before they realised firstbank was a scam so they dropped them just 2-3months after and asked us to join diamond bank. Ever since, whether or not you use your account, first bank will deduct between 12-36 naira monthly. I linked my bvn from diamond bank to both my gtb and firstbank accounts and I've continued using them ever since. They send me mails regularly and even congratulated me on the 1st of may for my birthday. They never told me there's an issues with my bvn. I lost my diamond atm 2sundays ago so I transferred my balance into firstbank so I could withdraw with the atm but alas I got the 'invalid transaction' message. So I created time to visit their office yesterday when I got the shocker of my life. The agent told me my bvn na was Ogunbowale Omotoyosi Jide while my firstbank name was Ogunbowale Omotoyosi so before I can make the withdrawal i'll need an affidavit and a newspaper publication. They have my pic on the system, m signature and means of id. I also have all 3 names on all my documents and means of id. Its just frustrating that at a time like this these banks want to further add more to the hardship common masses are facing. I will write these across all media till they refund my money because iv used that account until late last year with no problems at all so why the sudden change without notifying me.
I'm sorry my story is long but please take time to read and share with others so we can raise our voices against this act of wickedness and insensitivity. Thanks. A copy of the mail I sent to them is pasted below.

I will not keep mute and suffer in silence due to your bank's fraudulent and wicked so called banking policies. I have an account with account number 307xxxxxxx with first bank which I've bee‎n using since January 2014. It was a salary account. I enrolled for my bvn last year and linked it with my other accounts. I got messages from your bank that confirmed that the linkage was successful and I've used the account afterwards for both local and international transactions. First bank has also always deducted a sum between 12 and 36 naira monthly from my account irrespective of the fact that I've not used the account for a period of over 5months. I lost my diamond bank atm last week and decided to transfer some money from the diamond account to my first bank account for urgent personal purposes and it was successful. I couldn't withdraw from the account with the atm all through the week as I got an 'invalid transaction' message each time I tried. I went into the ikeja airport road branch today and got the shocker of my life. Your customer care agents told me I couldn't use the account because it was incorrectly linked to my bvn as I have three names on my bvn and two on the account. I think it's the greatest height of fraud I've ever seen in my life. Its not only fraudulent but wicked, callousness, insensitivity and a deliberate attempt to further make life more difficult and unbearable for poor customers like me who realy don't deserve such treatment for putting my hard earned money in your bank. Doesn't it appear fraudulent and despicable that your bank never deemed it fit to relate any message to me concerning the problem wit the bvn linkage but froze my account without any notification yet you kept deducting charges monthly from an account you claim to have frozen. Its is modern day and broad daylight robbery that you calmly and covetously collect money into an account you claim is improperly linked but then wouldn't release the money when the obvious rightful owner requests for it. You agents want me to swear an affidafit and do a news paper publication before I can withdraw my 5000naira. Isn't that a slap on the face of unsuspecting customers when all my documents, identity documents and credentials and certificates carry the same name and prove my identity already. I have an international passport, national id card and many certificates and they all bear the name Ogunbowale Omotoyosi Jide. Why then will I be refused access to my money because I have Ogunbowale Omotoyosi on my firstbank name? I will spread this message accross all social media and propagate same through every avenue at my disposal until someone with common sense and in the right position to checkmate your callous acts gets hold of it and to warn other unsuspecting poor customers. May God make you (firstbank staff) and your families go through the hardship you've made me face since last week.
‎Thanks
Ogunbowale Omotoyosi J‎.
Re: My Email To Firstbank (they Are A Fraud) by playtheblues(f): 8:01am On May 17, 2016
Banks!
Re: My Email To Firstbank (they Are A Fraud) by Kx: 8:06am On May 17, 2016
Whats the use of your account number here bro?

Modify and remove your acc nos for obvious reasons. Why take the risk?

1 Like

Re: My Email To Firstbank (they Are A Fraud) by pappy4real(m): 6:51pm On May 17, 2016
Kx:
Whats the use of your account number here bro?

Modify and remove your acc nos for obvious reasons. Why take the risk?
Noted and done. Thanks bro

(1) (Reply)

The Bank Of Industry’s (BOI) N10 Billion Youth Entrepreneurship Support (YES) Pr / Apply Now For Ongoing Recruitment At Federal Project Support Unit (FPSU). / 'help! .. My Life Is In DANGER! Man Who Named Dog BUHARI, Arrested Again, Cries

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.