Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,749 members, 7,824,158 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 01:08 AM

Find Your Calling! - Literature - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Literature / Find Your Calling! (372 Views)

Calling All Writers!!! / Calling All Publishers( And Even Authors ) . . . (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Find Your Calling! by aladrix(m): 12:29pm On May 17, 2016
Last night I was watching a musical video of Late Alhaji Sikiru Ayinde Barrister. This was one of his best selling records that made high-wave during his lifetime. An evergreen record like this doesn't get old with time; you don't easily get tired watching it repeatedly for even over multiple of times. 11years ago, the lyrics was still sounding fresh and relevant to the present situation of things. Another Fuji musician who's currently following the same track of Late Ayinde Barrister is his name-sake Alhaji Ayinde Wasiu, Kwam 1. Who is also sounding unbeatable.

I am not that fuji music lover that you think, but I don't joke with words of wisdom from any source whatsoever. Regardless of the genre of the song, as long as it does not preaches social vices, I enjoyed listening to songs with rich-content. Every steps Late Barry Wonder takes was revealing melodious songs. He sings when he walks. He sings when he eats. When he is having a chat with surbordinates and peers, he communicates in songs. He prays for others through singing. He advices, criticizes and condemns with songs. He's found his weapon in music.

Mama is a passionate sales woman. As soon as you sight her from a distance, you will hear; "buy chemistry, buy physics handouts. This is my 4th year am carrying this course because of you. They said they couldn't find my script, that I have missing scripts. Well, let me keep repeating and you should continue succeeding. So, come and buy your handouts"(I wish I could remember all her words). Amazingly, guguru and groundnuts, were the respective chemistry and physics. No 21st century University student that doesn't know mama, because her location is always immediately after the campus main gate. As students were going out and coming in, mama is always there calling them to buy their handouts. This woman is never ready to retire until she's no more. She cracks jokes with her student-customers, advises them, prays for them and sells her products enthusiastically. It was the same with Late Ayinde Barrister. He never retired, even with the challenge posed by his big tommy, baba was still singing and dancing.

When you find your calling, you will never think of retiring. Do you know why? You will feel like you haven't done enough. Better ways of doing that same thing will be unveiling itself. You will feel you need to do more. It will seem asif you are yet to give that best in you. What you do becomes so important that you are scared of those who will suffer when you decide to stop. What are you so passionate about that you can actually do for nothing? Start working on it right now. A wise saying says, find one thing you will gladly do for nothing, when you learn to do it well, people will be happy to pay you for it someday.

Think about that "Iya alaakara", bean-cake seller, who fries along your path to the night class, whom you usually visit with your special loaf of bread. Did you remember what happened that day you got there to meet the oily bean-cake tray? How did you feel when you got to your favorite salon and met the absence of the stylist boss? It was annn emergency, you have to plait or cut the hair that day by an apprentice in a style you aren't satisfied with. The same way the beneficiary of your calling will be if you failed to start or continue that good mission. Till today Late Alhaji Sikiru Ayinde Barrister is still a legend in fuji music which till tomorrow generations of fuji musicians will continue to play by his legacies in fuji music. Discover yourself today and generations to come will be glad you did.

- I. O. Alabi
An Author, Motivational Speaker and a Career Counselor

(1) (Reply)

Can You Keep A Joint Account With Your Spouse? / Of The Rings: The Lords And Frodo Baggins. / A Man's Past=>write Up By Dindy

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 26
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.