Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,832 members, 7,810,201 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 11:29 PM

The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt - Properties (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt (18780 Views)

The Making Of The "Akure 5 Bedroom Duplex" / **the Making Of 2storey Building (12 Flats) Of One Bedroom Apartment In Enugu** / The Making Of The "Mbaise 6 Bedroom Duplex" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 11:49pm On Jun 02, 2016
We usually start the water soaking of foundations by piercing a hole on the filled foundation floor.........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 11:56pm On Jun 02, 2016
Watch what happens, as you continue to pump more water into the same hole, the floor will start to gradually sink in to the ground. ........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 12:01am On Jun 03, 2016
We intensify the flooding of the foundation and more sinking happens.............

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 12:06am On Jun 03, 2016
Keep soaking, so that the soil settlement will be more effective. ........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 12:11am On Jun 03, 2016
Ponding process........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 12:15am On Jun 03, 2016
The next step is to refill the rooms by adding more sand, then bring in a machine compactor to crawl round the foundation and stamp in all loose soil........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 12:20am On Jun 03, 2016
Final preparations for the floor cast, before then we will do the pre plumbing fittings and spread waterproof for damp protection. ........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 4:46pm On Jun 03, 2016
Casting this over site concrete. ........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 4:54pm On Jun 03, 2016
Happening now..........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 2:57pm On Jun 07, 2016
Forming the rooms this afternoon after a heavy rain.

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 6:44am On Jun 08, 2016
Rooms already growing here..........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by brunofarad(m): 6:50am On Jun 08, 2016
@ spyder880

I usually sight STONE CLADDING in most of your 3D
Work with FARAD

You will be suprised how affordable our service is .
A trial is worth it you know,

https://www.nairaland.com/1276521/click-here-building-pictures/3
Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 6:58am On Jun 08, 2016
brunofarad:
@ spyder880

I usually sight STONE CLADDING in most of your 3D
Work with FARAD

You will be suprised how affordable our service is .
A trial is worth it you know,

https://www.nairaland.com/1276521/click-here-building-pictures/3

Don't worry my man, as soon as we complete the roofing, we can talk about the stones. Welcome.
Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by brunofarad(m): 7:17am On Jun 08, 2016
BAR,

Give this man some champagne bottles

“everything on me ". wink

spyder880:

Don't worry my man, as soon as we complete the roofing, we can talk about the stones. Welcome.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 3:14pm On Jun 08, 2016
Our work is in progress here. ....

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 3:19pm On Jun 08, 2016
Raising the walls. .......

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 3:23pm On Jun 08, 2016
Central walkway, back of kitchen. ........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Donalbain(m): 12:52am On Jun 10, 2016
Weldone Oga spider, neat and standard work as usual....am following and hope to learn alot from you...kudos

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by ckenneths(m): 8:11pm On Jun 10, 2016
Updates on our work here.....

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by ckenneths(m): 9:10pm On Jun 10, 2016
The front of the house. ........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 5:34pm On Jun 14, 2016
And so we continue with the lintels and columns carpentry works for this house. ......

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 5:47pm On Jun 14, 2016
We are here in full force, to bring out the cuteness of this house. ........

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 6:06pm On Jun 14, 2016
Carpentry. .......

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 6:27pm On Jun 14, 2016
We intend to commence our lintels cast by tomorrow. ......

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Catastrophe1: 6:49pm On Jun 14, 2016
following this thread. I like how solid the blocks u are using looks.

1 Like

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Naniakay1: 8:08pm On Jun 14, 2016
Great job dear. I have been following this thread and must say you are one in a million. Please, I need your help. We contracted our building to an Engineering company here in PH. Total building space is 245 square metres. The Engr charged us 2.5m for only the foundation to DPC. We gave him 2m for a start. He requested for the balance after 2 weeks that he wanted to purchase more materials. This we also sent to him based on trust. Today, he sent us an email that the 2.5m will not be enough and would leave the site on or after the 17th of this month If we don't comply. Guys, what should I do? I need useful advice pls...
Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Naniakay1: 8:13pm On Jun 14, 2016
Hi Spyder880. Pls check your inbox. I need a number I can reach you on pls.
Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by suxes2005(m): 6:13am On Jun 15, 2016
Naniakay1:
Great job dear. I have been following this thread and must say you are one in a million. Please, I need your help. We contracted our building to an Engineering company here in PH. Total building space is 245 square metres. The Engr charged us 2.5m for only the foundation to DPC. We gave him 2m for a start. He requested for the balance after 2 weeks that he wanted to purchase more materials. This we also sent to him based on trust. Today, he sent us an email that the 2.5m will not be enough and would leave the site on or after the 17th of this month If we don't comply. Guys, what should I do? I need useful advice pls...

Please complete this story

Tell us what hes done so far. If you have pics it's better

How did you meet this guy?

How come an engineer is giving you this tight condition?

Let's know more so gurus can help you out.
Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by spyder880(m): 7:14am On Jun 15, 2016
suxes2005:

I think it's more about keeping the contractual obligations and not the technical input by the contractor/engineer. Although I agree with you that more needs to be heard but from what I undersold from a phone conversation yesterday night, the contractor agreed to a cost and collected money upfront, now he has slowed down the job and is asking for more money. This shouldn't be so except with very good reasons.

2 Likes

Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by suxes2005(m): 7:22am On Jun 15, 2016
spyder880:

I think it's more about keeping the contractual obligations and not the technical input by the contractor/engineer. Although I agree with you that more needs to be heard but from what I undersold from a phone conversation yesterday night, the contractor agreed to a cost and collected money upfront, now he has slowed down the job and is asking for more money. This shouldn't be so except with very good reasons.

Boss, it's so surprising an engineer is giving a client this much trouble. As in a deadline ontop hin money.

Maybe there is something else behind it.
Re: The Making Of A "Cute" 5 Bedroom Duplex In Port Harcourt by Naniakay1: 10:14am On Jun 15, 2016
suxes2005:

Hi suxes, thanks for your concern. A family friend introduced him to us. We used him based on the fact that he was recommended by a trustworthy friend. He has only raised the foundation wall to the desired level. Sand filling was going on as at the time he sent the email. We have requested for the project timeline and he said he cant determine the completion date. I will send you pictures as soon as I get to the site this morning. Please I need your helppppp

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (Reply)

Lady Scammed By Fake Estate Agent In Lagos Shares Her Victory Story / Building A 3 Bedroom Flat In Benin City / More properties updates and please rate this website

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 28
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.