Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,757 members, 7,824,175 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 02:55 AM

Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! - Travel - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Travel / Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! (4178 Views)

7 Most Dangerous Roads To Travel In Nigeria( SEE PHOTOS) / Top 10 Air Travel Companies With Most Plane Crashes In 2014 / Nigerians Shun Domestic Air Travel Over Fear Of Crashes (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by chidichris(m): 9:51am On Nov 21, 2006
We used to fly Lagos to East which is 45 minutes considering the poor states of the roads as well as the menace of armed robbers, but of late it i becoming more problems flying because to survive air crash involves devine intervention.
one could possibly fly those airlines that is not having top government officials on board but what is the possibilities of knowing which ones that don't.

Please my brothers and sisters, Christmas is around and I need someone here to suggest the best means of transportation in Nigeria.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by IBEXY(m): 9:58am On Nov 21, 2006
until they scrap those prehistoric aircrafts they got from the scrap yards of europe, air travell is as bad as road travel.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by Ndipe(m): 10:05am On Nov 21, 2006
Caught between a rock and a hard place.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by otokx(m): 6:18pm On Nov 21, 2006
Please travel by road during the day time.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by Jakumo(m): 6:25pm On Nov 21, 2006
When I am next in Nigeria I will look into the possibility of travelling by traditional African magic juju teleportation MEANS, which I have heard so much about but have not yet witnessed in action.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by Mariory(m): 6:38pm On Nov 21, 2006
Use good airlines if you want to travel by air
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by Jakumo(m): 6:47pm On Nov 21, 2006
Mariory, the only safe aircraft plying Nigeria's unfriendly skies belong to foreign airlines, and they don't do domestic hops. It just occurred to me that a franchise that retails parachutes at Nigerian airports would do brisk business, even if the 'chutes turn out to be non-functional decoys. Such a franchise would at least be able to rest assured that there will be NO customer returns and complaints in the event of another air crash.

Peace of mind is thinking you stand a chance of bailing out as you strap on that back-pack for the possible one-way flight.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by Mariory(m): 11:36pm On Nov 21, 2006
That's not true. There's Virgin Nigeria, Aero, and Arik air.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by Nobody: 3:02am On Nov 22, 2006
please travel by bicycle! The safest means of transport ala Ojo Maduekwe. It's all part of our painful reforms.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by Nobody: 4:10am On Nov 22, 2006
Oh boy travel by road. Atleast by driving, you have your destiny and control in your own hands.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by otokx(m): 11:46am On Nov 22, 2006
Virgin nigeria is not it, once i went to the airport to pick a director of mine and at the time of expected arrival virgin nigeria had not come. i thought my heart skipped a beat then i became aware of a sick feeling in my tummy after trying to call the number without success. After like an hour, they landed and the story was that the plane had a hydraulic fault on the landing gear which delayed their take off and trust nigerians; people who had bought tickets suddenly changed their minds and demanded for a refund. Some simply left the money and opted to return back home to make a land journey the following day. Those who had enough liver came in and promised to use road next time. Aero is expensive and yet their planes still experience some shaking from time to time (I will however recommend them as they are really the best local airline for now). As for arik air, they are still new and have been involved in some controversy as to whether all their planes are brand new as they claim. Thank God they have since retracted such a wicked lie.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by MP007(m): 7:04am On Aug 19, 2007
ROAD TRAAVEL of course, this life aint got part 2, and besides , aint got 9 lives ( no be mario game o)
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by angel101(f): 8:49am On Aug 19, 2007
There are more road accidents than air crashes. I do appreciate also that air crashes are always fatal but consider also the robberries on the roads. For me sha o i will travel by air and hope for the best. wink
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by dachamp(m): 12:11pm On Aug 19, 2007
@Jakumo
When I am next in Nigeria I will look into the possibility of travelling by traditional African magic juju teleportation MEANS, which I have heard so much about but have not yet witnessed in action.
o boi u funny o, l was just laughin when l saw ur respond cheesy
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by boyin: 3:11pm On Aug 19, 2007
Air travel is still the best, take it from someone who used to travel by buses and cabs everywhere.
although you have to put up with delays without explanation (virgin nigeria!)

just so you stay wise in NIGERIA , you might want to write your will before you travel by bicycle, okada, car, bus, trailer, tanker,
airplane or juju means grin
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by 2old4that(m): 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2007
No doubt, air travels is the best form of transportation.

There are series of road accidents that occure on extreme spots in our roads; yet unnoticed.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by omogenaija(f): 8:25pm On Aug 19, 2007
from wat i've heard travelling by air or land in naija isnt safe , but then again wat is really safe anywhere ?

my dad who is always in naija says he prefers travelling by land undecided
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by naijaking1: 2:05am On Aug 20, 2007
Faced between Molue in the air and molue on the ground, I'll take the Molue on the ground.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by Echidime(m): 10:41am On Aug 20, 2007
Last Updated: Monday, 20 August 2007, 06:04 GMT 07:04 UK

E-mail this to a friend Printable version

Plane gutted at Japanese airport

The plane burst into flames as it sat on the airport tarmac

Plane fire footage
A Taiwanese China Airlines plane burst into flames after landing on Japan's island of Okinawa but all 165 people on board are safe, officials say.
All the passengers and crew had just been evacuated when the fire broke out on the Boeing 737-800 at Naha airport.

TV pictures showed flames and smoke billowing from the plane as firefighters doused the fuselage.

Some reports said the left engine had caught fire, although the airline said the cause was not yet known.

"Everything was normal, including take-off and landing, until the pilots were told the airplane was on fire," China Airlines spokesman Johnson Sun said.

"Then the crew on board immediately took the due procedure to evacuate all the passengers."

Major setback

The plane had been on a routine flight from the Taiwanese capital, Taipei, to the southern Japanese island of Okinawa, carrying 157 passengers and eight crew.

In pictures: plane on fire

Airport officials told Kyodo news agency that black smoke and fire could be seen billowing from the plane just eight minutes after it had landed.

Once the fire had been extinguished, an hour later, the plane was found to have broken into two.

Japanese TV initially reported that two crew members were rushed to hospital, but airline officials said all eight crew were safe.

The BBC's Caroline Gluck in Taipei says the incident is a major setback for the Taiwanese flag carrier, which once had one of the worst safety records for international airlines.

The airline suffered several crashes during the 1990s, and in 2002 one of its fleet crashed into the sea near the island of Penghu with 225 passengers and crew on board.

Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by Gamine(f): 12:12pm On Aug 20, 2007
road is ok

its just that our roads are reli bad

ive travelled by road for abt 30 journeys or mo

neva xperienced robbers! Thank God

if u hav money and u dnt have tym to waste, Use Air
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by fesse(f): 12:24pm On Aug 20, 2007
@ poster why not start now to trek home b4 xmas comes, because that xmas time even the treking is not safe,so the ealier the better for you. so advice you to use leggedis benz,it is better to air,road,sea and magic(juju) grin grin grin
what a joke.

@poster travelling by air is the best.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by fuzek: 4:29pm On Aug 20, 2007
fesse:

@ poster why not start now to trek home before xmas comes, because that xmas time even the treking is not safe,so the ealier the better for you. so advice you to use leggedis benz,it is better to air,road,sea and magic(juju) grin grin grin
what a joke.

roflmaooooooooooooo!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin grin

even u sound like a joke although u cleared it, but this is really funny!!!

cheers

@topic, u should really consider the advice quoted lol grin grin wink wink grin grin
actually ure only safe anywia wit God, tongue tongue tongue wink
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by presido1: 9:58pm On Aug 20, 2007
None is recomendable just make a choice and ask God to take you to your destination. He will surely do. We are in trouble for that country every aspect of the country is stinking. Yet we are fighting corruption.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by infiniti(f): 9:08am On Aug 21, 2007
@ presido

thnks jare yet we r fightin corruption.
i guess i totally agree wit u. we should just make a chioce and pray 4 Gods guidance.

but then if 1 is involed in a plane that gets bursted, i guess your family get smtin in return but in an accident on d road, forget it!

they even robb the dead sef n use their spare parts guess u guys know what i am talking about! shocked grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by jinworm: 11:22am On Aug 21, 2007
Me ge! mek i enter plane in Naija? Those moving coffins, No way. i ve'nt 4gotten Sosoliso,Bellview,ADC etc.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by caustic(f): 4:58pm On Aug 21, 2007
None of the above cool

EGBE !!! ( Yoruba disappearing power With one leg up ) cheesy
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by fuzek: 1:56am On Aug 22, 2007
jinworm:

Those moving coffins, No way.

roflmaoooooooooo!!!!!!! grin grin grin grin
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by Garuna(m): 1:14pm On Aug 22, 2007
u know, as much as we bliv in predestination(most nigerians are religious), u can say when its ur time to quit ,u wld do have no control over how or why. dont blame da airline operators. its a lax on the part of regulators. meanwhile , theres no where u wld have 100% assurance on transport. just make ur choice and hope to arrive ur destination safe and sound untill our good friend perfects his[b] teleportation [/b] research. wink
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by 3dhunter(m): 12:19pm On Aug 23, 2007
i hope teleportation wont be too expensive. and if too many people start using it, i hope we wont crash in mid air. or mid whatever
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by Bidy(f): 2:03pm On Aug 23, 2007
Both modes of transportation are good, depending on how much time you have, may God's mercy continue to abound o. African magic juju mode of transportation is a good one too, but if u go hang for top of iroko tree, na ur luck o.
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by tkb417(m): 10:38pm On Aug 23, 2007
@Otoks
ur story looks more like fiction. Hydraulic failure with Virgin!! na wa oo. and again u said aero is expensive relative to what? they are one of the cheapest airlines and yet the best!!! aero is cheaper than virgin and arik! say things you know.

Air travel is safer. a plane just exploded in Japan. this tells u that its not only in 9ja it happens. as for the poster, u can use power bikes cos its more sleek in manouvering? ur post isnt necessary cos most of those saying they prefer roads are those that only travel to ibadan or abeokuta from Lagos. tell them to try lagos to maiduguri by road and they will understand why Jesus is the son of God. grin
Re: Air Travel Versus Road Travel In Nigeria! by boyin: 10:36am On Aug 25, 2007
you know one thing i really like about nairaland topics, they bring out the amazing sense of humour in people. its such fun to read through people's postings, i'll crack my ribs one day soon, i can tell

(1) (2) (Reply)

My December In Ghana, Four Things I Realized: A Nairalanders Experience. / Yuletide: LASG Says Law Banning Boat Operations After 7pm Is Still In Place / My Horrible Experience With Cross Country Transport

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 39
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.