Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,414 members, 7,822,931 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 07:40 PM

I'm Officially Done With GLO - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / I'm Officially Done With GLO (2406 Views)

Motorola Is Officially Back In Nigeria; Unveils New Range Of Smartphones / List Of Smartphones That Are Compatible With Glo 4G LTE Band 28, 700mhz / My Experience With GLO New Data (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

I'm Officially Done With GLO by silentachieverr(m): 7:23pm On May 18, 2016
I've been using glo since last year or thereabouts and one major advantage they have over other network providers is their data plan which is affordable but their network has been nothing to write home about.

Last week, they had a downtime of about 18 hours if not more and there was no sms or notification on what was going on. I couldn't even open google, it was that bad. Now dont go saying 'it depends on your area'. I stay in Ajah and work in Lekki which is 'supposed' to have good network but nah, its still as crappy as hell.

I tweeted at Glo's verified handle (with wifi...not glo's network) all i got from them was to switch to 2G. I said NO NETWORK n they were busy saying 2G, 3G crap like i haven't done all that before tweeting at them (see screenshot).Trust me i am a very techy person and i did all i could to get network on my phone but all to no avail. I could finally use the internet the next morning.

Fast forward today and i have network issues again. This time it's even showing me the H+ connectivity and later dropped down to E (2g) but i can't even open any webpage. I have data and supposedly have strong connection but mba, glo just won't allow me be great.

I think its high time i changed network because it affects my work, most times i use my phone for internet hotspot to work at home and most of the work i do is critical. I can't afford to be without internet just because of glo's ineptitude. I have a friend that works in NTEL and what she tells me about the network is giving me hope. I just hope its not another GLO or MTN in the making. I'm just tired.

PS: I'm not even posting this with glo network. It's that terrible.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by Jeffy1206(m): 7:37pm On May 18, 2016
My guy ntel is the same thing... Try at your own risk. Switch to mtn or etisalat or airtel. They have better plans with great network service... Thank me later wink

2 Likes

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by doctorlaw: 7:37pm On May 18, 2016
It's same in my area. I have always known it's the worst network in Nigeria. I now use mtn just that they are criminals. Their data get finished quickly. I'm just tired of them. Naija is the most difficult country to live in. The country is more messed up than ever.

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by Tocheagle(m): 7:44pm On May 18, 2016
Etisalat is good but expensive
Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by feldido(m): 8:15pm On May 18, 2016
MTN for now is good, but I bet when guys like u starts porting back, the network will slow.

I've always known glo to be the worse network for data in Nigeria,followed by airtel.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by silentachieverr(m): 9:44pm On May 18, 2016
Tocheagle:
Etisalat is good but expensive

I think i will try that out.
Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by silentachieverr(m): 9:45pm On May 18, 2016
feldido:
MTN for now is good, but I bet when guys like u starts porting back, the network will slow.

I've always known glo to be the worse network for data in Nigeria,followed by airtel.

I was using MTN before i moved to glo. The data plan then was nothing to write home about thats why i ported to glo
Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by yetunsbay(m): 9:48pm On May 18, 2016
D worst ntwk ever

2 Likes

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by yomi007k(m): 10:01pm On May 18, 2016
Make una use Airtel, una dey form patriotism.
grin

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by Kachi188(m): 10:59pm On May 18, 2016
Glo is a useless network. Their network has been terrible in my part of PH, and they are doing nothing about it.
Not even 2G self...and I'm gonna lose over 700mb by Sunday if the situation remains the same.
Thank God they have lost their comparative advantage...all service providers now offer 1.5g for 1k..
Utterly useless network..

2 Likes

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by Oyetboy(m): 5:06am On May 19, 2016
here $in unilag... it hardly works at all, imagine 3G loading at a speed of 7kb/s

2 Likes

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by Sojebrand(m): 5:19am On May 19, 2016
Thank God am not the only one complaining about this worse network call Glo, here in Apapa it's takes the grace of God to open a page in browser,chai for my own money wen I pay Again to browse. cry

2 Likes

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by chumakk: 7:46am On May 19, 2016
Leave cheap things. You will not hear

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by Baroba(m): 8:01am On May 19, 2016
Boycott them, maybe they will sit up.. That's how you deal with companies like these, take your business else where..

2 Likes

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by olarhtunji(m): 8:11am On May 19, 2016
silentachieverr:

I was using MTN before i moved to glo. The data plan then was nothing to write home about thats why i ported to glo

op share me the remaining data bundle na...u sha cannot waste it

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by Nobody: 8:52am On May 19, 2016
Etisalat rocks
Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by BonkoINC: 10:28am On May 19, 2016
shitty glo!

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by BonkoINC: 10:29am On May 19, 2016
Yes I agree.. Glo is shitty.. once my current 3g sub expires.. i'm done... 3g for 1500 yet, all I get is crappy network... I will always be switching from 2g to 3g... imagine... even with 1bar.. mtn download speed up to 2mb per second.. I think since mtn aquired visa phone. there network upgraded.. Bandwidth wise! looks like it will now be mtn.. glo bout loosing one of their biggest customer.. for a student that subs more than 3tyms a month... I dont work oh!! mtchewww!!

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by bigtt76(f): 11:55am On May 19, 2016
Mobile data is only as efficient as the network's base station, weather and other external factors allows it to be.

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by cntabs(m): 4:04pm On May 19, 2016
So true. I think i'll try mtn's 2k for 2gb and 2560 airtime. I have rolled over data of almost 4gb on glo but i can't browse with it. H+ will be showing but no response from any of the http requests. You can only browse with E. thumbs down glo

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by iheanyi40(m): 4:28pm On May 19, 2016
Glo is the worst network in Nigeria, dumping em tomorrow once my sub expires

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by Youngzedd(m): 8:53pm On May 19, 2016
yomi007k:
Make una use Airtel, una dey form patriotism.
grin

AIRTEL is fraud. Their 12GB is 6GB, they dealt with me.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by Youngzedd(m): 8:54pm On May 19, 2016
I dumped my GLO long ago, but as you're looking for another ISP, don't go near Airtel.

2 Likes

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by MARKone(m): 10:13pm On May 19, 2016
Lol see my own grin

Glo is glowing with epileptic network, and it is not as if they are not aware. On man business na so e be.

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by Elxandre(m): 11:47pm On May 19, 2016
After leaving Glo I realized what quality can bring to the table that you wouldn't get with quantity.

Happily, Airtel now offers the same 1.5gb Glo used to punish me with. tongue (And the data deduction on Airtel seems normal these days)
Imagine begging someone to help you download music or app when you have over 1gb on your phone sad

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by martineverest(m): 11:59pm On May 19, 2016
Elxandre:
After leaving Glo I realized what quality can bring to the table that you wouldn't get with quantity.

Happily, Airtel now offers the same 1.5gb Glo used to punish me with. tongue (And the data deduction on Airtel seems normal these days)
Imagine begging someone to help you download music or app when you have over 1gb on your phone sad

exactly the problem I'm having....i have over 800mb for less than 10 days... Can't use it

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by InZA: 5:27am On May 20, 2016
silentachieverr:
I've been using glo since last year or thereabouts and one major advantage they have over other network providers is their data plan which is affordable but their network has been nothing to write home about.

Last week, they had a downtime of about 18 hours if not more and there was no sms or notification on what was going on. I couldn't even open google, it was that bad. Now dont go saying 'it depends on your area'. I stay in Ajah and work in Lekki which is 'supposed' to have good network but nah, its still as crappy as hell.

I tweeted at Glo's verified handle (with wifi...not glo's network) all i got from them was to switch to 2G. I said NO NETWORK n they were busy saying 2G, 3G crap like i haven't done all that before tweeting at them (see screenshot).Trust me i am a very techy person and i did all i could to get network on my phone but all to no avail. I could finally use the internet the next morning.

Fast forward today and i have network issues again. This time it's even showing me the H+ connectivity and later dropped down to E (2g) but i can't even open any webpage. I have data and supposedly have strong connection but mba, glo just won't allow me be great.

I think its high time i changed network because it affects my work, most times i use my phone for internet hotspot to work at home and most of the work i do is critical. I can't afford to be without internet just because of glo's ineptitude. I have a friend that works in NTEL and what she tells me about the network is giving me hope. I just hope its not another GLO or MTN in the making. I'm just tired.

I had the exact same issue. I was just fuming all through the downtime... I stay and work within the Ajah-Lekki axis too and I can emphatically corroborate all what you've said.

The only difference with my own situation was, I eventually switched to the "2G only" function, only then was I able to browse, but even that in itself was torture.... Imagine being used to traveling by air, then suddenly you're forced to start trekking!

I officially dropped glo data yesterday afternoon and switched to airtel, so far it's been awesome! Atleast till airtel too begin to crazo like glo.

Since you stay and work within Ajah/Lekki, I suggest you switch to airtel... Their data tariffs on the Speedo plan is really on point.

Dial *141# to see the list of options

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by spoilerx: 6:30am On May 20, 2016
probably depends on your area.
at mine glo is super & 5K for 12GB .
but glo needs to do more as per consistent network performance in all areas.

they have one customer care email that goes straight to their transmission guys . that's the better option than the regular customer service.

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by silentachieverr(m): 7:27am On May 20, 2016
InZA:

Since you stay and work within Ajah/Lekki, I suggest you switch to airtel... Their data tariffs on the Speedo plan is really on point.

Dial *141# to see the list of options

Since you stay within my axis and you root for airtel, then airtel it is for me. I'm so done with glo. I have over 2GB remaining within a 6 day validity period and i can't do much with it.

1 Like

Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by murmee: 9:09am On May 20, 2016
silentachieverr:

A supposedly big boy like you should be on WiFi. Smile WiFi precisely!
Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by ritababe(f): 2:13pm On May 20, 2016
Youngzedd:

AIRTEL is fraud. Their 12GB is 6GB, they dealt with me.

u don use airtel 3gig for 1k? I swear u go download tire, they don't zap like others.
Re: I'm Officially Done With GLO by Youngzedd(m): 2:29pm On May 20, 2016
ritababe:

u don use airtel 3gig for 1k? I swear u go download tire, they don't zap like others.

Let me have the code and does it work with all device?

(1) (2) (Reply)

Tecno Phantom 8 - A Smarter Phone For A Smoother Life / 3 Month Old Phone With Receipt For Sale Or Swap With Cash / Where To Get UK Used Phones In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 44
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.