Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,217 members, 7,818,743 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 11:51 PM

Foreign High School Certificate - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Foreign High School Certificate (1193 Views)

ICPC Arraigns VC Of Richmond Open University With Secondary School Certificate / Two Chibok Girls Graduate From US High School / Ashawo High School Signpost That Has Got People Talking(pic) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Foreign High School Certificate by solaceseeker(f): 9:44pm On May 18, 2016
Hi NL,

I just returned from abroad where I did my secondary schooling and thus finished with a secondary school certificate. Now that I am in Nigeria, I am wondering what the process will be if i was to try and apply for a Nigerian university? Are there any universities that will accept a high school diploma from an overseas institution, especially private ones e.g. Covenant. If not, what steps will I take? Do I just do JAMB or will I need the SSCE and those other documents? I did 6 subjects in high school; health education, mathematics, english, politics and business.

I really have been getting anxious trying to find information but It feels like I'm the only one in this situation. However I know surely someone out there has information so I really appreciate any help that can be given!

Thank you in advance and God bless
Re: Foreign High School Certificate by Tellemall: 10:21pm On May 18, 2016
Did you do those subjects in your IGCSE/HIGCSE/IB?
Re: Foreign High School Certificate by solaceseeker(f): 10:33pm On May 18, 2016
Tellemall:
Did you do those subjects in your IGCSE/HIGCSE/IB?

I obtained the Western Australia Certificate of Education (WACE)
Re: Foreign High School Certificate by Tellemall: 11:40pm On May 18, 2016
solaceseeker:

I obtained the Western Australia Certificate of Education (WACE)

If you're in Abuja, go to the ministry of education.

Good luck.
Re: Foreign High School Certificate by TheVictorious(m): 9:15am On May 20, 2016
Covenant uni will accept you. Check out the admission requirements at http://admission.covenantuniversity.edu.ng/admission-faq/
They accept IGCSE

solaceseeker:
Hi NL,

I just returned from abroad where I did my secondary schooling and thus finished with a secondary school certificate. Now that I am in Nigeria, I am wondering what the process will be if i was to try and apply for a Nigerian university? Are there any universities that will accept a high school diploma from an overseas institution, especially private ones e.g. Covenant. If not, what steps will I take? Do I just do JAMB or will I need the SSCE and those other documents? I did 6 subjects in high school; health education, mathematics, english, politics and business.

I really have been getting anxious trying to find information but It feels like I'm the only one in this situation. However I know surely someone out there has information so I really appreciate any help that can be given!

Thank you in advance and God bless
Re: Foreign High School Certificate by itstpia8: 9:24am On May 20, 2016
Probably check with the ministry of Education?

(1) (Reply)

See This Primary School Somewhere In Southern Nigeria / Project Topics And Materials In Hospitality And Tourism / See Possible Questions From JAMB 2017 UTME New Novel “in Dependence”

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.