Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,765 members, 7,817,107 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 06:01 AM

What Car To Get As a Beginner???? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / What Car To Get As a Beginner???? (1942 Views)

Save Your Salary For A Year, What Car Can You Afford ? / Please Advice: What Car Should I Buy For Mom ? / Guys Pouring Wine On New Car To "Wash" It (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What Car To Get As a Beginner???? by bcardastro: 4:13am On May 19, 2016
hello naira landers, I wanna get a ride but my budget is around 400k ,either Toyota or Honda, I know my budget is very low but any suggestions on one I could get with quite a good interior and power??
Re: What Car To Get As a Beginner???? by wilcox(m): 4:27am On May 19, 2016
With your budget, I will advice you not to rush but rather search vigorously you will be lucky to get a clean car for that amount ;yes it happened to my friend he bought a car that had a market value of 1.2m for 3500, in fact the man even gave him 50 to buy fuel and tire when he heard it was his first car.

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: What Car To Get As a Beginner???? by GAZZUZZ(m): 7:19am On May 19, 2016
bcardastro:
hello naira landers, I wanna get a ride but my budget is around 400k ,either Toyota or Honda, I know my budget is very low but any suggestions on one I could get with quite a good interior and power??

keep your money in the bank and continue to grow it.

wilcox:
With your budget, I will advice you not to rush but rather search vigorously you will be lucky to get a clean car for that amount ;yes it happened to my friend he bought a car that had a market value of 1.2m for 3500, in fact the man even gave him 50 to buy fuel and tire when he heard it was his first car.

that was before change came grin

6 Likes

Re: What Car To Get As a Beginner???? by femmykenny: 7:38am On May 19, 2016
You can get a clean Toyota camry 1996 (orobo) or toyota carina E.
Toyota can easily be maintained and all you need to do is to get a very clean and durable car.
I was in a similar situation some months ago but it's all over now.
For peace of mind, go for toyota.

2 Likes

Re: What Car To Get As a Beginner???? by Nobody: 11:04am On May 19, 2016
femmykenny:
You can get a clean Toyota camry 1996 (orobo) or toyota carina E.
Toyota can easily be maintained and all you need to do is to get a very clean and durable car.
I was in a similar situation some months ago but it's all over now.
For peace of mind, go for toyota.

Stick with Toyota because you like the brand. Not because there are no other brands out there. Try broadening your horizon a tad, and try something different for a change.

4 Likes 4 Shares

Re: What Car To Get As a Beginner???? by nurey(m): 11:40am On May 19, 2016
Opel vectra 1998-2002
Honda civic US 1993-2002
Honda civic Europe 1994-2001
Rover 620, 45 1996-2000 (same engine as Honda civic)
Toyota corolla 1990-1998 (rear to find a good one at that price)
Nissan primera, Sentra, almera, sunny (1995-2002)
Golf 3 only please try and leave golf 4 upwards (1994-2000)
Volks wagon vento 19xx-19xx pls leave the bora and jetta of the 19xx to 20xx alone cheap but you may not be ready to handle sensor and Aluminium engine. Not that it is not good, but there is a reason I asked you to stay clear
Ford focus 19xx upwards
Toyota celiac 1990s
Hyundai accent (verna) 19xx, tubiron, coupe S, shuma, sephia
Kia rio 19xx to 2003, picanto

With all this do a picture search, find your favorite shape, and research on it. It's only Nigerian used you will get for that price, but still clean. Good luck

1 Like

Re: What Car To Get As a Beginner???? by timilehing(m): 12:04pm On May 19, 2016
@op with what you ve, you can still get a clean Naija used orobo or Carina E. If you don't buy it with problems, it won't give u problem & most of 'em problems can be cheaply resolved. Most importantly, you can resell anytime you have extra cash for upgrade
GAZZUZZ:

keep your money in the bank and continue to grow it.

that was before change came grin
Don't be surprised if 600k will not get him what 400k will in 2-4months time. As far as Naira is concerned, money loses value daily.
Re: What Car To Get As a Beginner???? by yak(m): 12:06pm On May 19, 2016
sory to deviate a bit guys. bw camry 99-2001 and corolla 2003-6, which do u advice someone to pick. the camry is toks L4 while corolla is 9ja used. ur thoughts are appreciated
note that prices are almost same
Re: What Car To Get As a Beginner???? by nurey(m): 2:37pm On May 19, 2016
yak:
sory to deviate a bit guys. bw camry 99-2001 and corolla 2003-6, which do u advice someone to pick. the camry is toks L4 while corolla is 9ja used. ur thoughts are appreciated
note that prices are almost same

1. It's your money
2. It's your life
3. It is you that will drive it

You have seen both cars, you like one than the other, good just do the checks, don't buy a moving coffin or an about to die vehicle, do the checks, pay, love-vendor and rock.
Re: What Car To Get As a Beginner???? by Yeecar(m): 7:21am On May 23, 2016
bcardastro:

https://www.nairaland.com/3102942/cheap-sound-volwagen-bora-390k

(1) (Reply)

Choosing Between Toyota Year Model For Transportation / Pre-order Any Car Of Choice From Germany (mobile.de - Germany Biggest) / Nigeria Police Force And Vehicle Particulars

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 27
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.