Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,333 members, 7,954,355 topics. Date: Friday, 20 September 2024 at 05:21 PM

A Thread For Dli Unilag Student - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / A Thread For Dli Unilag Student (3256 Views)

Oluchi Saw Her Death Coming –family Of Electrocuted UNILAG Student / Unilag Student Shot Dead At Amphitheatre (Picture) / UNILAG Student Shot In The Head On Campus (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

A Thread For Dli Unilag Student by yinkaoke(f): 1:22pm On Aug 18, 2009
[color=#990000][/color]
Please let all DLI unilag undergraduates come in here and drop the latest Gist in school so as to update ourselves on happenings in school.
Re: A Thread For Dli Unilag Student by Nobody: 5:11pm On Aug 18, 2009
please can anybody tell me what DLI is all about and like how much will it cost one to go for it in a school like unilag. i will be grateful if i hear from anybody soon
Re: A Thread For Dli Unilag Student by yinkaoke(f): 12:37pm On Aug 19, 2009
About DLI

The philosophy on which the programmes of the Distance Learning Institute (DLI) are founded is that any nation and indeed the world would benefit if as many qualified people as possible are given the opportunity of obtaining university education, especially if such people are gainfully employed. As conceived, therefore, the institute is to offer improved learning and continuous training opportunity to a large segment of the population that would have had no opportunity of such self-development.

The DLI is therefore, expected to cast its net for students far and wide rather than being limited to its immediate environs. The DLI seeks to make university education available to those qualified and productive members of the society who would otherwise have missed the opportunity because, having forced by need to take up employment, they can no longer afford what for them has now become the luxury of full-time education. In addition, the job demands and locations of such potential students make it impractical for them to attend face to face lectures on either full or part-time basis. For more instruction has to be by distance learning mode.

In its choices of programmes to run, the DLI is influenced by the expected impact of such programmes on the country. The initial choices of education (Science), Accounting and Business Administration at the initial stage was to address the need for science teachers and that for managers in the business sector. Subsequent choices of programmes are guided by the same philosophy of making a useful impact on the development needs of the people and nation as a whole.

The DLI is initializing appropriate tools of distance learning, also interjects into its training programmes some face to face interactions between lecturers and students, based on the philosophy that the ultimate value of university education is the inculcation of the culture of respect for the intellect.

Reinforcement of that process, especially in a developing country, is best achieved by limited face to face interactions with flesh and blood lecturers on the university campus. The formal periods of such contact are of short duration because, as mature students, they must not come to rely primarily on face to face lectures but rather on independent study.

The need for students, who would be self-reliant, with only occasional guidance and counseling by tutors, underscores the minimum age requirement of 25 years for entry into the programme. For such students, the full-time option would be unattractive because of their different circumstances.

Finally, distance learning being a programme without frontiers, the DLI is committed to providing education wherever its services are welcomed not only in other African countries but also beyond.
Re: A Thread For Dli Unilag Student by mayorde(m): 3:48pm On Aug 19, 2009
hello DLI students.

Iam an ICAN student in PE II thinkin of putin in for DLI after my ACA and start from 300 level, but i av heard several times that some employers disciminate against DLI students or Part time students generally i.e students without NYSC discharge certificate. MY Questions:

You probably av heard of this things but still went on to do the program, WHY?

Do DLI students get exemption certificate from NYSC?

Is it really through employers discriminate against them? you probably know of someone who has completed the program an is working in a reputable org give examples

If u are a graduate of DLI wat is it like in the Labour(favour) market?

Would you advice anybody to put in for the program(if i were ur bro)

Thanks for answering my questions.
Re: A Thread For Dli Unilag Student by yinkaoke(f): 11:57am On Aug 21, 2009
Iam an ICAN student in PE II thinkin of putin in for DLI after my ACA and start from 300 level, but i av heard several times that some employers disciminate against DLI students or Part time students generally i.e students without NYSC discharge certificate. MY Questions:

You probably av heard of this things but still went on to do the program, WHY?

Do DLI students get exemption certificate from NYSC?

Is it really through employers discriminate against  them? you probably know of someone who has completed the program an is working in a reputable org give examples

If u are a graduate of DLI wat is it like in the Labour(favour) market?

Would you advice anybody to put in for the program(if i were your bro)

Thanks for answering my questions.

My friend I think your question should have been: If u have DLI would you be able to get a Job?
My Response
What is your first degree? you probably have none.
Now waht do u have ? you will probably have an ND or HND / ATS
Are u currently working? If yes you will be working in a bank as a contract staff or some were elso as a clerk with your ND, ATS or HND.
Check out this now
There is currently a vacancy in Shell for the post of a chief accountant / head of accountant
Qualifications required; a degree in accounting, the person must be a member of a professional body, ICAN or ACCA
Tell me are u qualified for this vacancy, hell no friend
But if you have a degree in accounting with your ACA you would have been able to send in your CV
so why not get that degree first be it parttime or DLI to atleast be among the first degree holder thereafter you can start thinking of how to get an exemption certificate if possible or better still try to get a first class which will give u an edge over the full timers. though not essay couple with work but you know all thing are possible with Christ Jesus.

I am also in PE 2 but am writing reference in MA this comming diet and am also in 100 level accounting DLI Unilag cos I don't want to take chances at all.

Think about it.
Cheers
Re: A Thread For Dli Unilag Student by yinkaoke(f): 2:49pm On Aug 26, 2009
DLI students pls. lets gist of happenings in school.

I just olected my OMR form and I herd registration will be over on the 29th of August so pls. hurry If u have not done urs.

Cheers shocked
Re: A Thread For Dli Unilag Student by mayorde(m): 4:43pm On Sep 04, 2009
thanks yinka oke. i see things from ur point of view
Re: A Thread For Dli Unilag Student by yinkaoke(f): 3:47pm On Sep 25, 2009
hello house
registration in Dli is quite stressing, I spent half a day on three occasion and yet I haven't seen my course adviser to sign my form.
life on dli registration tire meo

(1) (Reply)

Montessori Instructional Materials For Sale / Ibb University 2011/2012 Admission List / Project Topics And Materials In Chemical Engineering And Chemistry

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.