Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,622 members, 7,823,741 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 02:15 PM

Ballack Expecting Tough Game Against Sunderland - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Ballack Expecting Tough Game Against Sunderland (542 Views)

Picture Of Luis Suárez After The Game Against Chelsea. / Nemanja Vidic To Make Return Against Sunderland / Odemwingie May Feature Against Sunderland Today At 3pm! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Ballack Expecting Tough Game Against Sunderland by richkids1(m): 3:33pm On Aug 18, 2009
Chelsea's Michael Ballack has admitted Hull City were tough opponents in their first Premier League game, and is expecting a similar test against Sunderland when the Blues travel to Wearside on Tuesday evening.

"It is always difficult to play the first game, I think we have to say Hull did well and were organised like last season. They made it harder for us going 1-0 up but we came back," Ballack told the club's official website.

“In the second half we put a bit more pressure on and had some early chances, but we had to wait until the last minute which is always a bit lucky.

“Altogether we deserved it, it was tight, but last season we drew too many games at home and this year we managed to win this one."

Ballack was impressed that Sunderland won their first game away from home.

“We are looking forward to the game [against Sunderland] because they won the first game as well," added the German.

“You can see there were a lot of away wins in the first round of games, many teams are not on 100 per cent obviously, because there are normally more home wins. We expect a good game after both of us won.”

The ex-Bayern Munich midfielder said he was comfortable playing in all three 'levels' of the diamond formation, and felt it was a system that suited his game.

“That's what I think, and what the coach thinks as well. I played in the past every position, I know the system and we played it sometimes under José Mourinho as well,” he explained.

“In Germany with Munich I played it, I've played most systems but more important are the players in the system. We have a lot of strong midfield players, physically and technically, so we should use that to our advantage against teams.”

(1) (Reply)

Arsenal 4 Life / Choose Ur Two Teams That Will Get To The Champions League Finals: / Gunners Are Gone

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.