Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,755 members, 7,809,899 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 04:52 PM

3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos - Properties - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Properties / 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos (18874 Views)

Weakened 3-storey Building Collapses In Ibadan, 2 Persons Affected. Photos / 3-Storey Building Collapses In Orlu, Imo State (Photo) / 3 Storey Building Collapses In Lagos Island This Morning. Residents Trapped (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by viviangist: 2:10pm On May 19, 2016
I thank God for today. We firefighters (Anambra State Fire Service) led by Engr Agbili Martin, were able to extinguish the fire in a 2nd floor of 3 storey building of 8 flats at Doris Nwufo Street opp Dominion City, Akwata Junction just after Jesse Hotel, Awka. The whole building was saved, as well the flat.

The caused of the fire out break was a ELECTRIC SURGE which emanated from the wall socket in one of the rooms. Thank God, no life was lost and we prevented the fire from spreading to other parts of the rooms in that flat.

Meanwhile, I wish to express my sincere gratitude to SA to Governor on Student mobilisation, Comrade Innocent Nduanya, SSA to Governor on Media, Hon Ifeanyi Aniagor and SA to Governor on Pharmaceutical Matters, Pharm Chibuzor Valentine Okaa. They were consistently calling and were also present around the scene of fire. If not them, there is no way Fire Service will know that there was fire outbreak.

I can recall, people were asking me at the early hours of today, why we do not join others to embark on strike (industrial action). My reply was that we are on essential duty. Again, I also made it known to them that if we embark on strike and there is fire outbreak anywhere, who will go and extinguish it.

Please, avoid anything that can cause fire outbreak. Fire kills but you can prevent it. ALSO, try and call Fire Service IN TIME whenever there is fire outbreak because that is the only thing you owe them. We will always be at your service. - Reporter Live Vivian Gist

Source http://www.viviangist.com/3-storey-building-of-8-flats-razed-by-fire-in-awka-anambra-photos

2 Likes

Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 2:14pm On May 19, 2016
Chai, its a pity.
FTC things, wow.
Dancing "wash by Tekno" now.

2 Likes

Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by chikel2000(m): 2:16pm On May 19, 2016
End time, r u prepared for the last days?, d post above me isn't

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by BeeBeeOoh(m): 2:19pm On May 19, 2016
I hope no life was lost??
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by cepha4: 3:35pm On May 19, 2016
K
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by tuoyoojo(m): 3:35pm On May 19, 2016
kudos to all those who participated in putting off the fire

imagine the wahala the landlord would have gone through in putting up this structure only for it to disapaear in a matter of hours

na God finally win
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by Whizzdom(m): 3:35pm On May 19, 2016
People should always switch off all electrical gadgets before going out.

God will save us.

The person that God saves, He saves them from calamity.

1 Like

Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by samuelizko(m): 3:36pm On May 19, 2016
buhari sef

1 Like

Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by nbright: 3:36pm On May 19, 2016
Thank black Jesus
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by free2ryhme: 3:36pm On May 19, 2016
pls na three storey burn abi na one flat burnt

make una help me ask this girl before she use lie kill us

1 Like

Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by gerrardomendes(m): 3:36pm On May 19, 2016
buhari sef

1 Like

Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by cnwokike(m): 3:36pm On May 19, 2016
Awka? You shall not get burnt
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by free2ryhme: 3:36pm On May 19, 2016
viviangist:
I thank God for today. We firefighters (Anambra State Fire Service) led by Engr Agbili Martin, were able to extinguish the fire in a 2nd floor of 3 storey building of 8 flats at Doris Nwufo Street opp Dominion City, Akwata Junction just after Jesse Hotel, Awka. The whole building was saved, as well the flat.

The caused of the fire out break was a ELECTRIC SURGE which emanated from the wall socket in one of the rooms. Thank God, no life was lost and we prevented the fire from spreading to other parts of the rooms in that flat.

Meanwhile, I wish to express my sincere gratitude to SA to Governor on Student mobilisation, Comrade Innocent Nduanya, SSA to Governor on Media, Hon Ifeanyi Aniagor and SA to Governor on Pharmaceutical Matters, Pharm Chibuzor Valentine Okaa. They were consistently calling and were also present around the scene of fire. If not them, there is no way Fire Service will know that there was fire outbreak.

I can recall, people were asking me at the early hours of today, why we do not join others to embark on strike (industrial action). My reply was that we are on essential duty. Again, I also made it known to them that if we embark on strike and there is fire outbreak anywhere, who will go and extinguish it.

Please, avoid anything that can cause fire outbreak. Fire kills but you can prevent it. ALSO, try and call Fire Service IN TIME whenever there is fire outbreak because that is the only thing you owe them. We will always be at your service. - Reporter Live Vivian Gist

Source http://www.viviangist.com/3-storey-building-of-8-flats-razed-by-fire-in-awka-anambra-photos

na only one flat burn ooo how the three storey burn pls explain

1 Like

Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 3:37pm On May 19, 2016
As usual....shoddy building practice, shoddy fittings.....caused this fire.
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by herkeym001(m): 3:37pm On May 19, 2016
E pain me
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by Pavore9: 3:37pm On May 19, 2016
Glad the damage did not go beyond what is seen in the pictures.

1 Like

Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by free2ryhme: 3:37pm On May 19, 2016
na wa ooo

she dey struggle for frontpage
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by truthspeaks: 3:38pm On May 19, 2016
Buhari sef - Keneking grin
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by kcy(m): 3:38pm On May 19, 2016
Bad news every day
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by izzou(m): 3:39pm On May 19, 2016
In these rough times?
Condolences to the residents
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by NwaNimo1(m): 3:40pm On May 19, 2016
Anambra dey try....
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by Duharee(f): 3:43pm On May 19, 2016
Kai, see people
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by salabscholar01(m): 3:45pm On May 19, 2016
na wa oo
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by yinkslinks(m): 3:54pm On May 19, 2016
No but a woman lost her toys for wanking herself grin grin grin
BeeBeeOoh:
I hope no life was lost??
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 3:54pm On May 19, 2016
tuoyoojo post=45772477[b:
putting off[/b]

Putting out.
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by Gerrard59(m): 3:56pm On May 19, 2016
"SA to Governor on Pharmaceutical Matters"

What kind of ridiculous position is this?
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by Mililuv(m): 3:57pm On May 19, 2016
The God of Biafra never sleeps nor slumbers
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by Nobody: 4:00pm On May 19, 2016
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by permsec: 4:02pm On May 19, 2016
The heat is just to much. Everything just dey burna boy burn.
Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by lonelydora: 4:33pm On May 19, 2016
I see no fire fighter there. All i see are pictures of neigbours standing beside a water tanker discussing. Anambra of all places? Obiano must hear this.

Now, this is a fire fighter.

Re: 3 Storey Building Burnt In Awka Anambra - Photos by Lilimax(f): 4:36pm On May 19, 2016
Gerrard59:
"SA to Governor on Pharmaceutical Matters"

What kind of ridiculous position is this?
smiley

(1) (2) (Reply)

Heavy Fire Outbreak At Makoko Slum In Lagos, Properties Destroyed. Photos / Truck Swerves And Demolishes House In Ondo Just Now(pictures) / Loans: Banks Put Up Chronic Debtors’ Property For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 22
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.