Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,567 members, 7,827,132 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 07:43 AM

Auto Electrician/technician Here Pls Help... - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Auto Electrician/technician Here Pls Help... (949 Views)

Am Auto Electrician Ask Me Any Question Concerning The Electrical Problems In Ur / Please Recommend A Very Good Auto Electrician (rewire) / I Want To Learn Auto Electrician Work Using Modern Tools (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Auto Electrician/technician Here Pls Help... by apexquest(m): 6:25pm On May 19, 2016
Pls forgive my ignorance, and pls enlighten me.
This bulb on top of my dashboard(name unknown), usually blinks round the clock, whether I'm driving or not. But I recently notice that it only blinks when car is off. If I turn it on, the light won't blink anymore.
My boot has refused to open, seems the central lock doesn't operate the boot anymore.

Issue was noticed when I returned back from a trip(not with the car), of 3days. I removed one of the battery head till I came back.

What could have happened??
Is it something I shouldn't worry about.
Pls help...

Re: Auto Electrician/technician Here Pls Help... by mayor2013: 6:51am On May 20, 2016
Give details about your car. I.e name, engine type etc
Re: Auto Electrician/technician Here Pls Help... by Automaton09(m): 9:17am On May 20, 2016
What's the vehicle year, model and brand, so we don't make mistake, because manufacturer can assign different warning lights.
Re: Auto Electrician/technician Here Pls Help... by honmusa(m): 9:38am On May 20, 2016
mayor2013:
Give details about your car. I.e name, engine type etc
That should be Nissan though I stand to be corrected .
That is your immobiliser light indicating that the nats immobilizer is "ON" and in stanby mode'' when the light is ON.The light will always be "ON" the transducer key has been removed.But will stay "OFF" when the correct transducer key is in the ignition .

1 Like

Re: Auto Electrician/technician Here Pls Help... by apexquest(m): 2:10pm On May 20, 2016
I'm very sorry for the insufficient info... It's nissan primera 2.0i, 1998
Re: Auto Electrician/technician Here Pls Help... by apexquest(m): 2:19pm On May 20, 2016
honmusa:

That should be Nissan though I stand to be corrected .
That is your immobiliser light indicating that the nats immobilizer is "ON" and in stanby mode'' when the light is ON.The light will always be "ON" the transducer key has been removed.But will stay "OFF" when the correct transducer key is in the ignition .
Thanks for your enlightenment on the light name. I have only been using a remake key not the one that came with the vehicle, I just need to place the original but broken key close to the ignition when I put it on. It works fine, while the light remain blinking all through.
If I get u right, what u are saying is that the immobilizer light should only go off when the correct key is used. But that's not the case here cos I'm still using the replacement key I made and the boot has refused to open since I noticed it.
Re: Auto Electrician/technician Here Pls Help... by apexquest(m): 2:23pm On May 20, 2016
Automaton09:
What's the vehicle year, model and brand, so we don't make mistake, because manufacturer can assign different warning lights.
I'm very sorry for the insufficient info... It's nissan primera 2.0i, 1998
Re: Auto Electrician/technician Here Pls Help... by mechco: 10:32pm On Jun 02, 2016
you have nothing to worry about is it security light in respective of car yr and make
Re: Auto Electrician/technician Here Pls Help... by lonelydora: 3:50am On Jun 03, 2016
Op, sorry but does it mean you have been driving this car without noticing that light? Sounds like you noticed it after your journey.

Well honmusa has given you the info.

(1) (Reply)

Just Bought Honda Babyboy 2000... Any Tips House?? / ..... / What Are Warning Signs Of A Bad Crankshaft Position Sensor

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.