Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,645 members, 7,809,429 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 09:28 AM

Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) - Science/Technology (6) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) (50084 Views)

FG To Generate Electricity From Uranium: Facts About Uranium You Should Know / How Possible Are The Pictures Of The Milky Way Taken From Outside The Galaxy? / Gas Cloud Flung Out Of Milky Way Is Coming Back For Revenge (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Breakdbond: 1:32pm On May 24, 2016
girl4rmspace:

to another galaxy. It would be weird when everyone in your world finds out that there is a girl who dsnt age amongst you guys, i dont wanna end up as an experiment.
can u take me along? would love to go there soon....
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Safari29: 1:34pm On May 24, 2016
anyone that dont believe all these is a fool. how can you not believe what you can see physically? moon, sun, stars, comet, planet, galaxy etc? but u can believe something u do not see? Am not saying there is no God, but i believe that God is bigger than Bible Quran etc comprehension. That God is Science, Mother Nature.

No planes, phones, cars, ISS, in the Bible Quran and u guys believe in them. SMH

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 3:08pm On May 24, 2016
Toyolad:
@JohnyDon22, pls I have a somewhat funny question but that has been bothering me since I read about inter-stellar stuff..

Why do stars(Planets, galaxies) seem to twinkle when viewed from earth?

Distortion of light by the earth's atmosphere, the light from these sources travel light years to get here and are distorted by our atmosphere, like looking at a piece of stone on a clear flowing river.

Planets don't twinkle though, that is the way you can distinguish planets from stars in our night sky. they don't twinkle and look a bit fuzzy.

and eerm, if the universe is infinitely spacious, how did we come about knowing about the black hole at the CENTRE...there shouldn't be any centre right?

The galaxy has a blackhole in the center not the entire universe.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 3:11pm On May 24, 2016
All the people quoting me on a religious context i am sorry but you are all on a long thing i won't condescend that low as to reply such posts.

I am here for science.

I do not argue religions and beliefs here, if you want an arguement on that you all know exactly which section to mention me.

I won't degrade this thread to that level.

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 3:15pm On May 24, 2016
muhamadnur:
please whats that dark space that all the galaxies,planets,stars are in ?

its just space... a Void
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by girl4rmspace(f): 3:43pm On May 24, 2016
Breakdbond:

can u take me along? would love to go there soon....

would love to but you too will be an old man by then, like i said, am only leaving after my friends gets old and rest in peace. That's like 60 years from now
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by cocktopuss: 4:05pm On May 24, 2016
chieveboy:

It is possible for you to see it all....beyond what the telescope could...beyond now...beyond the time factor for time is honestly a relative term and factor...

This is not the 'Motivational speech' type of "it is possible"... and you get nothing. Am talking about real adventures...but you must be bold and adventurous, plus you need to put in lots of love smiley love removes barriers, difficulty...

What evidence do you have to back up your faith in immortality, type that would make a man experience things 4 billion years away?

You need to to let the world know your ground breaking finding, the Chieveboys key to immortality grin
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Psylas(m): 4:09pm On May 24, 2016
blueAgent:

Idiot .I am the god. am sure you are using MTN 10MB free weekly offer to post this trash and yet you are claiming your head. clown.
LOL, my little creature, I'm not in Africa, here I'm every flat owns TM, so I'm using WiFi, 24 electricity for the past 25 yrs they have not taking light for 1 seconds so nothing can stop me from browsing, not even God, here is the TM

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Psylas(m): 4:41pm On May 24, 2016
naijaconscience:

gr8!
but lets give praise to the One that's due it .
God is beautiful! His works reveal His awesomeness. I just imagine His vastness!

Most times I wonder the wonders He has in store for all of us in Heaven.

can't miss it!

thank you Jesus!.

Abeg no vex, who be God?
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Psylas(m): 5:23pm On May 24, 2016
Safari29:
anyone that dont believe all these is a fool. how can you not believe what you can see physically? moon, sun, stars, comet, planet, galaxy etc? but u can believe something u do not see? Am not saying there is no God, but i believe that God is bigger than Bible Quran etc comprehension. That God is Science, Mother Nature.

No planes, phones, cars, ISS, in the Bible Quran and u guys believe in them. SMH
I wonder o, these people don't even understand the mechanism or ordinary calculator talkless of smartphones and yet they discredit the most intelligent people on Earth, in civilized countries people don't people don't discredit science or called scientists deceivers, most of the christians in the US agree with with evolution, that evolution is the mechanism God is using to create things.

they think building a spaceship and traveling outside our planet is a childsplay, they believe their pastors and shout amen when he says they would become billionaires before the ending of this year

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Nobody: 5:32pm On May 24, 2016
hahn:

undecided

The white man says silence is golden...a Creator King who seems to you silent or unseen or even intangible to earn you that wayward conviction.... will surprise your unbelief one day...my prayer is, it wont be in your demise.

I pledge my allegiance to His Sovereignty...won't you?

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Nobody: 5:38pm On May 24, 2016
Psylas:
I'm the GOD

Don't tow the line of nay Sayers who abhor the supremacy of a GOD too good and perfect. I plead with you withdraw that statement and apologize to HIM.

Please I beg you so that you wont regret the day you were born.

Many love bro..
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by classicada(f): 6:49pm On May 24, 2016
johnydon22:
We are in the Orions arm

The sun, Earth, and the rest of the solar system are located about 27,000 light-
years away from the Milky Way’s Galactic Center, on the inner edge of a minor
arm of the galaxy, named the Orion Arm

please, I does one avail oneself of a telescope that can be used to view our planets clearly.
Is it available in the market?
please reply
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by classicada(f): 6:49pm On May 24, 2016
johnydon22:
We are in the Orions arm

The sun, Earth, and the rest of the solar system are located about 27,000 light-
years away from the Milky Way’s Galactic Center, on the inner edge of a minor
arm of the galaxy, named the Orion Arm

please, how does one avail oneself of a telescope that can be used to view our planets clearly.
please reply
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by kindworld(m): 6:51pm On May 24, 2016
blueAgent:

This idiots believe that the entire universe came into existence by chance. but they themselves will never leave their lives to chance to create same orderliness.
They still plan.co- ordinate and excute plans for the betterment of their pathetic lives. while claiming that this Universe that is several times more complex came by chance. is that not Insanity?

I just tire for them, anyways what do these ones know? Real scientists have made discoveries that convinced them there's a creator!

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by classicada(f): 6:53pm On May 24, 2016
Psylas:
LOL, my little creature, I'm not in Africa, here I'm every flat owns TM, so I'm using WiFi, 24 electricity for the past 25 yrs they have not taking light for 1 seconds so nothing can stop me from browsing, not even God, here is the TM

you really look HOT DEAR.. wink
Psylas:

you really look HOT DEAR..

1 Like

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by kindworld(m): 6:55pm On May 24, 2016
Psylas:
can you prove it or you just read it from your bible
I don't know why it's hard for you to believe the Universe created itself
but you be someone came from nowhere and started creating things,

Apart from reading it in the Bible all evidence prove that there's a creator, there must be cause for there to be effect!
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by blueAgent(m): 6:57pm On May 24, 2016
Psylas:

Clown . so a god like u.depend on whatever network u claim to browse .inorder to quote me. u are pathetic.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by classicada(f): 7:04pm On May 24, 2016
falseman:
Now I believe there is heaven. If the earth is that small then I believe we are in for deep shiiit..... Baba God hid heaven somewhere around those Milky ways that man can't reach cheesy wink
Only the soul can teleport to such a place.

you funny die....feel like kissing you
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by johnydon22(m): 7:11pm On May 24, 2016
classicada:

please, how does one avail oneself of a telescope that can be used to view our planets clearly.
please reply

Yes it is available in the Market but i am afraid not in the Nigerian night sky, but you can see good powerful choices on Amazon.

A good friend here promised to get me one when coming to Nigeria, i absolutely can't wait.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by chieveboy(m): 7:18pm On May 24, 2016
cocktopuss:

What evidence do you have to back up your faith in immortality, type that would make a man experience things 4 billion years away?

You need to to let the world know your ground breaking finding, the Chieveboys key to immortality grin
n

Naa! No 'chieveboy's way' at all...although chieveboy is deep into it with personal experiences which of course is to be waved aside with an air of disbelieve.

It's important to clarify or expressly state that it's not a 'believe' thing (persay), it goes beyond believe to actuall experience (seeing is believing theys say).

Am talking of expanding the consciousness to polarize on whatever location desired. It's the natural way of seeing being and knowing! By this method, you of course won't have to wait light years before travelling...or finding out things...someone mentioned light is the fastest agent known to man, but is it faster than attention?

Science is just scratching the surface of what others. Have long discovered and are experiencing and daily exploring. The issue is science depends on physical aparatus to discover,prove and disprove facts...the thing is: science as it is has not arrived yet when it comes what is and what is not...so I may tell you ( cocktopuss) an experience with aliens for instance...but no scientific means to prove to you...so what is the way out? The way out is for you to learn to expand your consciousness to these locations where aliens are...for with the consciousness, no barrier, no time, no space, no matter! All you got is freedom, Love and strenght!!!
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by falseman(m): 8:10pm On May 24, 2016
classicada:

you funny die....feel like kissing you

Please where is your location I don't mind coming to get just that kiss only if you don't kiss and tell.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Nobody: 8:33pm On May 24, 2016
johnydon22:
so anything not written in the bible is nonsense to you?

This exactly when religious beliefs becomes dangerous, it diminishes our youths and mars our intellectual evolution keeping Africa in sheepish ignorance that even the whites who brought these religions here have abandoned it.

well i don't see "Phone" in the bible why are you using one, drop the ancient book and pick up educating books this is the 21st century not a bronze age period.

#Sighs . . . I weak

@ johnydon22

lol i feel for you bro ........ grin grin

There's a Chinese proverb that says, “When the sage points at the moon, the fool looks at the finger.”
guess what happened here........... wink wink

my personal view only which others need not subscribe ie
religion is simply human imagination, a product of mind, a basis of faith, which varies from individual to individual on the basis of upbringing , educational background , indoctrination AKA brainwashing grin , personal interpretations and real life circumstances/factors encountered in life.

but science is hard cold proven facts it does not vary once proven with evidence.

tongue tongue
somebody please remind me of the jehadis-terrorists who also believe, have faith in god but whose actions are contrary to any thing related to GOD (supposedly a holy being) but their faith in their interpretation of god makes them do cruel, inhuman and irrational things because ultimately religion is a matter of faith, a product of mindset, a product of brainwashing, real life circumstances etc isn't it same as us and contradictoryly everybody thinks he/she is correct in her faith.

hell this is as confusing as the universe isnt it grin grin
dont blame me blame the human mind wink wink
and we wonder why humans and the world is a big mess undecided undecided

@ johnydon22
what you said earlier reminds me of Jomo Kenyatta ( a Kenyan politician, the first President of Kenya and above all a Pan-Africanist )

who said "When the Missionaries arrived, the Africans had the Land and the Missionaries had the Bible. They taught how to pray with our eyes closed. When we opened them, they had the land and we had the Bible".

reason why Nigerians , Africans settled in America and Europe do so well in science and technological fields and have a open realistic viewpoint, while the same unfortunately cannot be said for Africans living in Africa. undecided undecided

@ johnydon22
back to topic whats your opinion/position on existence of Tachyon or tachyonic particle , some are claiming that neutrino is very likely a tachyon or faster-than-light particle .this deduction was supposedly made from observations, which involves the tiny variations in cosmic background radiation left over from the big bang, while another one involves the shape of the cosmic ray spectrum.
i guess we will have to wait for the results of KATRIN experiment.

2 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by ValentineMary(m): 1:14pm On May 25, 2016
blueAgent:

I laugh ......see the person trying to disprove God. does not know basic science. next time address me as Engineer. i know and pratice science everyday clown.

www. protein-cell.org/
Did u actually read that link u shared I doubt. Protein can be classified based on their 3D conformation either in a sub family. Proteins are either primary, secondary, tetiary, or quatenary structure. O boy! read that link u shared it says nothing of protein being cells. Unless u want to call pirons cell but they are not though they are proteins that cause diseases. As a biochemist I would like to give u a good lecture on proteins but I doubt u would understand, for a guy who believes d cloud is held by a pillar. Anyways u know nothing of natural science u are just an engineer. And a disgrace to d engineering community.
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Edenoscar(m): 1:42pm On May 25, 2016
kindworld:

I just tire for them, anyways what do these ones know? Real scientists have made discoveries that convinced them there's a creator!

Please could you name those discoveries
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by kindworld(m): 3:18pm On May 25, 2016
Edenoscar:

Please could you name those discoveries

Embark on your search you'll find out
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Edenoscar(m): 3:54pm On May 25, 2016
kindworld:

Embark on your search you'll find out

As far as I know there is no scientific discovery that shows evidence for a creator.If you know of any discovery then spill it
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by shiffynaani(m): 4:09pm On May 25, 2016
girl4rmspace:

would love to but you too will be an old man by then, like i said, am only leaving after my friends gets old and rest in peace. That's like 60 years from now
and where exactly are you going to when you reach andromeda or other galaxies. (2) am sure u are going to pass through blackholes (that sucks in anything even light cannot escape) on your way.how do u plan bypassing this? (3)is the place as civillized as earth here
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by kindworld(m): 4:54pm On May 25, 2016
Edenoscar:

As far as I know there is no scientific discovery that shows evidence for a creator.If you know of any discovery then spill it

Real i mean big time scientists have come to terms with the fact that there's a creator!
Like I said you are inexcusable if you don't believe in q creator. His works are evidence that he exist!
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by Edenoscar(m): 6:44pm On May 25, 2016
kindworld:

Real i mean big time scientists have come to terms with the fact that there's a creator!
Like I said you are inexcusable if you don't believe in q creator. His works are evidence that he exist!

Look dude I asked for the scientific discovery that proves the existence of a creator.

You speak of big time scientist now what scientific discovery made them to believe or you think there is a creator cos some scientist do
Re: Facts About The Milky Way Galaxy (with Photos) by kindworld(m): 8:39pm On May 25, 2016
Edenoscar:

Look dude I asked for the scientific discovery that proves the existence of a creator.

You speak of big time scientist now what scientific discovery made them to believe or you think there is a creator cos some scientist do

Check these links.
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201404/frederic-dumoulin-interview/#?insight[search_id]=b7f0106e-5684-4892-9417-05f19acf340f&insight[search_result_index]=6

https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201302/robot-designer-interview/#?insight[search_id]=b7f0106e-5684-4892-9417-05f19acf340f&insight[search_result_index]=5
https://www.jw.org/en/publications/magazines/g201402/hans-kristian-kotlar-faith/#?insight[search_id]=b7f0106e-5684-4892-9417-05f19acf340f&insight[search_result_index]=2

(1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (Reply)

Lightning Strike Creates New Material Seen On Earth ‘For The First Time’ (Pics) / Huge Cobra Invades A House In Kogi. Photos / Malayan Leaf Frog Aka Long-Nosed Horned Frog: World's Most Camouflaged Frog

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.