Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,724 members, 7,955,721 topics. Date: Sunday, 22 September 2024 at 01:50 PM

Guys Pls I Need Info On The Kyaro War Dance And The Warji Ethnic Group Of Bauchi - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Guys Pls I Need Info On The Kyaro War Dance And The Warji Ethnic Group Of Bauchi (751 Views)

Monkey Wearing A Jersey At The Hawan Daushe Durbar In Bauchi State (Photos) / 30 Interesting Facts About Some Nigerian Minority Ethnic Groups / List Of 371 Ethnic Groups In Nigeria (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Guys Pls I Need Info On The Kyaro War Dance And The Warji Ethnic Group Of Bauchi by Bobolayefa(m): 12:34pm On May 20, 2016
Hey there fellow nairalanders, I'm a 400level theatre arts student from and in Bayelsa state. Currently working on my project essay and as part of my research, I need info on the Kyaro war dance of the Warji people of Bauchi state. I have never been there or seen the dance in performance. I've got very little information which I got online... pls guys, if you do know something about it or someone who can help me kindly put it down or connect me... Thanks.

Here are the basic things I need to know:

For the Warji people;
-Local government/community(ies) -that do the dance.
-Brief history of the Warji people.
-The people (occupations, local crafts/industries)

For the Kyaro war dance;
-Origin of the dance.
-The process -the stages of performance.
-Costume/make up (pictures will help a lot)
-Props
-Music/songs
-The Dance movements

If it is possible for me to get a video, it'll go a long way and I'll be very very grateful too...

Thank you all very much as you contribute... thank you again

(1) (Reply)

So Here’s The Real Reason New Oba Of Benin Was Covering His Mouth / 7 Events In Lagos That Made 2016 Unforgettable / Normal Everyday Things You Can Do That Saudi Women Can't

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.