Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,817 members, 7,813,696 topics. Date: Tuesday, 30 April 2024 at 04:31 PM

Honor - Honesty, Truth & Integrity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Honor - Honesty, Truth & Integrity (512 Views)

Billy Graham Becomes Fourth Citizen To 'lie In Honor' At US Capitol / Paul Enenche: Gospel Truth Of The Tithe Revealed / Anambra Massacre: The Day Integrity Finally Left Nigeria - By Osayimwen Osahon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Honor - Honesty, Truth & Integrity by isaacasher(m): 5:28pm On May 20, 2016
I was reading a book about honor walking in honesty truth and integrity by a great minister of God's word in our time Kenneth Copeland and really while reading this book I was bit unhappy because I was taught to be respectful to give respect to elder ones buy my parents and the Nigerian society, it is a big deal to us this issue of respect I did that in my own way, I gave respect to whom it was due and once I found it not due anymore I took it away regardless of who it was this was a very wrong mind set, we were taught respect properly but no one said a thing about honor not at home not in school and not in Sunday school they were too busy teaching respect in place of honor they would read from the Bible honor your father and mother and say it commanded us to respect them well that may be part of it but honor is so vast the respect is only a very little bit of it, so until I came in contact with this book I did not really know honor I found in the words of God's servant honor not just honor but God's honor it made me to understand more about God himself....

God is so honorable in his holiness because even when man was ignorantly (in dishonor) handing over dominion to the devil in the garden of Eden he did not interfere with the process because he gave it (dominion) to man and had to stand buy his honesty even in that situation yes man handed over dominion to the devil because it was eve that was tricked Adam was not he did it with his eyes wide open and for God to give to man back what was lost he did it the honorable way he could have just gone to the devil and took all the power back from him but that will be dishonorable so he did not, man that gave it away had to crucify his own son to give the dominion back to us again, that was the honorable way not the only way.....
And this is how God wants us to live our live on earth as his representatives to live in honor even when the situation is not at all favourable to you because only then (when you share his nature will he uphold you).... There is the honor only God can give when you honor God buy representing him honorably he will in turn honor you

1 Samuel 2:30 KJV
Wherefore the Lord God of Israel saith, I said indeed that thy house, and the house of thy father, should walk before me for ever: but now the Lord saith, Be it far from me; for them that honour me I will honour, and they that despise me shall be lightly esteemed.

and the honor God gives is the full package of Christianity, power, riches glory,

Revelation 5:12 KJV
Saying with a loud voice, Worthy is the Lamb that was slain to receive power, and riches, and wisdom, and strength, and honour, and glory, and blessing.

God is more committed to you than you will ever be to him... He is too honorable, our Christian life is like a contract with God he always plays his part always he just too honorable to cheat us out no matter the cost to him when those little kids mocked the prophet of God she-bears came to eat them up God does not hate children no it was his honor to his covenant with his prophet that got them killed because he will always do the honorable thing and stay by his word his yes is yes his no is no when Moses said if I be a prophet of God let the earth open and swallow..... it happened even if God loved the people being swallowed so much he still did the honorable thing and confirmed the words of is servant it's that simple his too honorable to dishonor an agreement, too honorable to fail or cheat no matter the situation God will do the honorable thing and we must too...
Which means if his he says will honor you if you honor him he will sure do it because it's the honorable thing to do and he is just too honorable, so much that it is "impossible for him to lie"

Hebrews 6:18 KJV
That by two immutable things, in which it was impossible for God to lie, we might have a strong consolation, who have fled for refuge to lay hold upon the hope set before us:

and to lie is dishonorable which means it is impossible for God to be dishonorable.

let's look at honor from the best angle
Honor is to delicate authority. And this works both ways when we humble ourselves before God, we delegate to him authority over out lives in turn he gives us himself the whole authority of his name that is the power to become sons of God the Bible talks about, wow what a deal, what a contract, what a covenant Jesus is saying give me authority over your puny little life that I did give to you and you get authority with my name and buy my blood and get to share my father with me we become blood brothers by this blood covenant, how generous of him, doesn't this spring up faith in you really it does....

Now just as the Bible says in

1 John 4:20-21 KJV
If a man say, I love God, and hateth his brother, he is a liar: for he that loveth not his brother whom he hath seen, how can he love God whom he hath not seen?
[21] And this commandment have we from him, That he who loveth God love his brother also.

you can't say you honor God and not honor your brother the people around you, that is not possible stop tricking yourself you can't love God and not love his creation you can't honor God and dishonor men it does not work that way God in his word gave us a formula for this " do to others as you have them do unto you" this is the golden rule of honor. That boss of yours should be honored even his not nice still honor him, your friends, family, people around you, people you meet, people that do not like you it really doesn't matter honor them anyway treat them as if they were God himself because you in a covenant with him and you have to represent him well so honor every and anyone and God will in turn honor you.
Don't go doing what you want that's breaching the contract do the honorable thing... God cannot lie so I can't lie that should be you, living God's why even to your own hurt, when you honor those against you, God takes care of them you put hot coal on their laps as the scriptures put it..

Submit your will to God and live his life he will surely bless you....
Let me end this with the words that ended Kenneth Copeland's book on honor....

Do what's right
Do it because it's right
Do it right.

Remain ever blessed
Issac chibuzor Isaac

But remember his asking his children to do all these if you are not a child of God he's not going to bring anything to pass for you, all the promises of God in the Bible is just for his children and the truth is if you are not sure if you are a child of God that is being born again it means you are not because the Bible tells us that the spirit bears witness with ours that we are children of God so you must know if you are ....

Romans 8:16 KJV
The Spirit itself beareth witness with our spirit, that we are the children of God:

So if you are not sure that you are and you want to be born again that is a child of God please say this prayer of faith believing in your heart ..

LORD JESUS, I ACKNOWLEDGE THAT I AM A SINNER WHO HAS COME SHORT OF YOUR GLORY. BUT YOUR WORD SAYS, IF ANY MAN SHALL CALL UPON YOU SUCH A ONE SHALL BE SAVED

I THEREFORE CALL ON YOU TODAY TO SAVE ME. I BELIEVE THAT JESUS DIED FOR ME ON THE CROSS AT CALVARY; HIS BLOOD HAS THE POWER TO WASH AWAY MY SINS.

ON THE THRID DAY HE ROSE AGAIN SO THAT I CAN BE JUSTIFIED. NOW I CONFESS, YOU ARE THE LORD OF MY LIFE DELIVER ME FROM EVERY UNRIGHTEOUSNESS AND WRITE MY NAME IN THE BOOK OF LIFE. THANK YOU LORD FOR NOW I KNOW THAT I AM BORN AGAIN AMEN

Congratulations!
Now you are born again, you have a new life in Christ. Welcome to a life of exploit.....

(1) (Reply)

Chag Shavuot Sameach / Throwback Photo Of Pastor Taiwo Odukoya At 8 Years / Brainwashed

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 40
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.