Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,315 members, 7,811,941 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 12:15 AM

Help My Miserable Quest For Marriage - Family - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Family / Help My Miserable Quest For Marriage (785 Views)

If You Want To Be A Miserable Failure, Just Do What Makes You Happy / List Of Things Required For Marriage In Ubima, Amaechi's Town / Please Help A Sister Out,hubby Is Making Life Miserable To Me (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help My Miserable Quest For Marriage by Zor0: 9:41pm On May 20, 2016
I am from a family of three guys and I am the youngest. Almost 30 years now.

Done with school and set up a biz in the town I did NYSC. I met a girl I love so much and wish to marry her (start d marital rites in few months and tie the knot by December or so.

But my Dad was soo pessimistic about getting married now because of two reasons:

1. I want to pull my money and my wife to be's money to invest in a new biz. He believes that a woman's money should not in any way bring a man up as it will make d lady proud in future.

2. That far away in the village, we need to build another house for more accommodation. This I promised him won't be a problem if I set up d new biz in partnership with my fiancé.

He is just at d middle. He isn't saying yes and not saying no either.

The timeline I set is getting close and I feel I am being slowed down unnecessarily.

My dad is this: Nooo don't. U cant. U shouldn't hv. Wait small. Etc.

Pls help me. What should I do?
Re: Help My Miserable Quest For Marriage by donbenedict(m): 9:44pm On May 20, 2016
Wtf! Hw can u be at an age where ur supposed to be a fully grown man and ur still takin orders from ur dad..

No offence buh he should just go and sit down..
Re: Help My Miserable Quest For Marriage by Zor0: 10:09pm On May 20, 2016
donbenedict:
Wtf! Hw can u be at an age where ur supposed to be a fully grown man and ur still takin orders from ur dad..

No offence buh he should just go and sit down..

In my culture leads you to lady's house for d marriage rites. So his support essential.
Re: Help My Miserable Quest For Marriage by MARKone(m): 10:23pm On May 20, 2016
I do understand where you father is coming from, but this is the 21st century, I don't see anything wrong in your "wife to be" supporting your business proposal financially.

On the other point, you learn to walk before you fly. If business prospers, then you can build as many houses you want.
Re: Help My Miserable Quest For Marriage by Zor0: 5:24am On May 21, 2016
MARKone:
I do understand where you father is coming from, but this is the 21st century, I don't see anything wrong in your "wife to be" supporting your business proposal financially.

On the other point, you learn to walk before you fly. If business prospers, then you can build as many houses you want.

Thanks for your contributions

(1) (Reply)

Lightening Strike Kills Two Brothers In Jos -PHOTOS / What Do We Really Think About Ourselves? / Change? See What A Couple Used As Wedding Cake At Their Reception

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.