Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,781 members, 7,827,884 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 06:31 PM

How England's Euro First XI Looks According To Shirt Sales - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / How England's Euro First XI Looks According To Shirt Sales (455 Views)

World Cup 2018: How England And Referee Robbed Colombia - Diego Maradona / Paul Pogba’s Man Utd Shirt Sales Breaks New Record / Paul Pogba’s Man Utd Shirt Sales Breaks New Record (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

How England's Euro First XI Looks According To Shirt Sales by shinx91: 12:15am On May 21, 2016
As an Englishman abroad if you aren't wearing a football shirt to the beach, socks with sandals when you go out in the evening and shouting slowly and loudly at any and every foreigner you come across then you're doing something wrong. So when the England squad land in France this summer whose names should we all have on our shirts? That stereotype might be slightly wide of the mark however whenever I reveal to European's that I don't drink they get very confused about someone from England who doesn't have beer in their hands so it's the rest of you lot who have given us this reputation and led to the weird looks I get, or at least that's what I'm blaming the weird looks on rather than my face. Anyhow on Monday, that's just been changed, Roy Hodgson has decided to name his squad for the Euros this summer and we'll all gasp in horror when Jack Wilshere gets the nod after two appearances in about a year and title winning central midfielder Danny Drinkwater is left out. So rather than choosing on his favourites and maybe the odd bit of form how would the England team look if Roy chose it based on those players we've gone out and got printed on the back of the replica shirts will no doubt never wear when playing football? If I'm being hypercritical of a clearly very good way of picking the starting lineup for England's opening game of the Euros against Russia it's that it looks a bit attacking for my liking. Never mind the fact that a lot of these names seem to be based on the old system of paying per letter on the back of the shirt, I just thought it was a set price for each name these days but the lack of Alex Oxlade- Chamberlain suggests not. It seems that form this season is having a big say on who is buying what shirts for 2016 with Danny Drinkwater outselling Theo Walcott right now although with Hodgson's love of Wilshere and Welbeck potentially out injured it seems more likely that the Arsenal man will be heading to France than the Leicester midfielder. However it seems some people don't understand getting a players name on the back of their shirt with Marcus Rashford and Mark Noble in the top 20.

(1) (Reply)

Real 5----athletical 4. On Penalty / Best Prediction Tips For The Day 31/05/2015 / Blind Sends Message To Man Utd Fans Over Jose Mourinho

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 11
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.