Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,411 members, 7,815,918 topics. Date: Thursday, 02 May 2024 at 08:59 PM

. - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / . (1154 Views)

Ever Wondered Why Your Pee Is Yellow / Becareful When Holding Or Carrying A Child By His/her Hands Only. / Myth Busted: Men Can Hold Pee Longer Than Women (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

. by Nobody: 6:57am On May 21, 2016
Re: . by Mediapace: 7:45am On May 21, 2016
For females it's dangerous wink

juhan:
When I was in primary, my teacher told me that if I held my pee for long, my bladder would burst. I didnt take it serious but just this morning, again, my sister told me this. Is it true? Is it dangerous to hold your pee?
Re: . by Nobody: 7:59am On May 21, 2016
Re: . by Mediapace: 8:12am On May 21, 2016
Take a sit and read :

We’ve all been there – when you really need to go, but you have to hold urine in for whatever reason.

It’s deeply unpleasant, and involves a lot of foot-tapping, leg- crossing, unattractive dancing around.

But what happens if you hold pee for too long?

Years of regularly holding your pee in can increase your risk of urinary tract infections (UTIs) and a condition where your bladder can’t fully empty, known as urinary retention. ‘The bladder’s kind of like a pond,’ Gerald Timm, a urological researcher at the University of Minnesota, told Popular Science. ‘Not draining properly allows bacteria to build up, and that leads to infection.’ And while it’s very, very rare that your bladder would physically burst, it’s not totally impossible – but this would only really happen if you had another pre-existing bladder condition.

juhan:
why? How is it dangerous?
Re: . by Nobody: 8:16am On May 21, 2016
Re: . by SuperSupremo(m): 9:22am On May 21, 2016
you will have body odour because it will be absorbed with time through your body system
Re: . by Nobody: 9:24am On May 21, 2016
Re: . by SuperSupremo(m): 9:33am On May 21, 2016
juhan:
shocked are you serious?
have you been holding it yourself
Re: . by Nobody: 9:36am On May 21, 2016
Re: . by SuperSupremo(m): 9:44am On May 21, 2016
juhan:
no. Im just asking.
Oh so grateful to know we have something in common

you just asking

am just saying
Re: . by Nobody: 9:46am On May 21, 2016
Re: . by PRISTINEMUSCLES: 2:31pm On May 22, 2016
Continous holding of pee can damage d kidneys.
When i was younger, i remembered, i held my urine for quite a longwhile reason being that there was no place of convenience for me to urinate. Fastforward to when i got home, to piss come turn to wahala. Na cry i just dey cry. The pain was indeed out of this world. Na clinic i land myself. From that day i vowed that even if na boat i dey and piss hold me, na water i go piss put.
Re: . by Joygalore(f): 7:19pm On Jun 12, 2016
It can cause renal failure due to Vesicoureteral reflux.
Backward flow of urine from your bladder into the kidney.

(1) (Reply)

U.S Based Anambra Doctor Constructs Mega Hospital Complex In Home Community / Affilorama, My Best Alternative To Wealthy Affiliate For Nigerian / Best Way To Get Rid Of Belly Fat Without Going To The Gym

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.