Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,507 members, 7,812,559 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 03:25 PM

How To Use Android Phone As Computer Speaker - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / How To Use Android Phone As Computer Speaker (1340 Views)

Should I Buy A Wifi Router Or A Cheap Phone As Hotspot Need Urgent Advice / Gearbest 11.11 Promotion, Mobile Phone As Low As $16.99 / 16 Things That Are Too Real For Nigerians Who Use Android Devices (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

How To Use Android Phone As Computer Speaker by Opistorincos(m): 12:44pm On May 21, 2016
So I was watching a really interesting movie on my laptop yesterday when 'my village people' decided to attack my laptop speakers thereby making it useless i.e. it stopped working in the middle of operation, I was so devastated not because I do not have the money to repair the spoilt speaker nor the absence of an earbud that I can easily connect to my laptop earpiece jack in order to continue my movie, the problem was the fact that I am not the earbud type, I prefer watching movies with loud speakers in order to enjoy the actions to the fullest. My Bluboo X550 that is equipped with a really good and loud speaker(the type that can be used for a house party) was right beside me, it was just lying there with nothing to offer, then reality struck me, if I should repair the laptop speaker for the amount i see as a token, I will be 2k poorer that week and as a student there is the need for me to improvise in order to minimize my expenses while maximizing my savings. I picked up my phone, headed straight to Google in order to look for ways I can possibly use my phone's speaker as my PC's speaker. The result of my search is what brought about this tutorial which is about how you can use your android phone as a computer speaker, simply follow the comprehensive tutorial below and you will never have to worry about defective PC speakers anymore.
REQUIREMENTS FOR THIS TUTORIAL

Your android smartphone.
Download SoundWire for Android (Free Version | Paid Version).
Download SoundWire software for PC here.
Internet Connection.
A little patience.

MAIN TUTORIAL

Download and install SoundWire app on your android smartphone(download link has been provided above).
Download and install SoundWire app on your PC(download link has been provided above).
Open the SoundWire app on your desktop/laptop and select "Default multimedia device" as audio source just as indicated in the screenshot below.

Open the SoundWire app you just installed on your android device, click the wire-like icon to automatically connect to your PC.
If the above steps are correctly followed, you now have the ability to watch movies/listen to songs on your personal computer while using your android device as the speaker. To make this tutorial effective, you need to connect your PC to your smartphone's hotspot.

Let us know via the comment section if the tutorial has helped you in one way or the other(we really love comments) and don't forget to share this link with all your friends, don't be stingy with your newly acquired knowledge.

http://eodob.com/2016/05/how-to-use-android-phone-as-computer.html

Re: How To Use Android Phone As Computer Speaker by Abacharles(m): 12:59pm On May 21, 2016
cool
Re: How To Use Android Phone As Computer Speaker by Kezifils(m): 3:04pm On May 21, 2016
Would rather just send the movie to my phone and watch it there.
Re: How To Use Android Phone As Computer Speaker by omoalajah(m): 3:22pm On May 21, 2016
Abi o... To save the stress. The sound on my SIsters Boom Device when watching movie is Boom!
Kezifils:
Would rather just send the movie to my phone and watch it there.
Re: How To Use Android Phone As Computer Speaker by 360koncepts: 6:48pm On May 21, 2016
Too stressful to do. I have earpiece
Re: How To Use Android Phone As Computer Speaker by yinka360nl1: 7:28pm On May 21, 2016
OP this tutorial is helpful tho but its too lenghty. So many stress just to listen to audio output.
Re: How To Use Android Phone As Computer Speaker by Opistorincos(m): 12:08am On May 22, 2016
yinka360nl1:
OP this tutorial is helpful tho but its too lenghty. So many stress just to listen to audio output.

it only seems lenghty, the real thing is from the "main tutorial" part

(1) (Reply)

Nokia Back With Great Andriod Phone / Gionee Or Tecno Or London Used Phone Should I Buy With 30k / Brand New Gionee M6 Mirror For Sale In Ilorin

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.