Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,778 members, 7,810,027 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 06:57 PM

.. - Fashion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Fashion / .. (50037 Views)

I Need A Review Of Nivea Natural Fairness Body Lotion / The Body Cream (Lotion) That Costs N250,000 Reviewed By Jaaruma / How To Get Healthy, Fairer, Whiter, Even Tone Skin Naturally (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

.. by jiggaz(m): 2:23pm On May 21, 2016

1 Like

Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 5:23pm On May 22, 2016
Oh i forgot to add, the smell of the St Ives Replenishing Mineral Therapy Body Lotion that am now using is heavenly... i can't pin the smell but all i know is dat anytime i apply it on my body, i feel like eating myself.... lol.

Ask me question if you like.
Re: .. by purplecircle: 6:46am On May 23, 2016
Very true about the dettol even tone using it n its amazing. Will try the st.ives thou thnx
Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 7:05am On May 23, 2016
purplecircle:
Very true about the dettol even tone using it n its amazing. Will try the st.ives thou thnx
yes the Dettol Even Tone soap is amazing and St Ives too... You welcome...
Re: .. by Nobody: 4:38pm On May 23, 2016
How much is it sold in the market?

1 Like

Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 6:57pm On May 23, 2016
sweetboiy:
How much is it sold in the market?
I dont think its sold in the market... it is a foreign product ( U.S ) so its basically sold at Malls, Big Supermarkets & Departmental Stores. The price was lesser before, i think its the dollar hike that increased the price. Someone wrote online that he bought his own St Ives Lotion at the price of N1,080 at Roban Stores Enugu last year January.
Re: .. by Nobody: 7:40pm On May 23, 2016
jiggaz:
I dont think its sold in the market... it is a foreign product ( U.S ) so its basically sold at Malls, Big Supermarkets & Departmental Stores. The price was lesser before, i think its the dollar hike that increased the price. Someone wrote online that he bought his own St Ives Lotion at the price of N1,080 at Roban Stores Enugu last year January.

OK...I will check it at ShopRite
Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 8:39pm On May 23, 2016
sweetboiy:
OK...I will check it at ShopRite
alright
Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 6:14pm On Jun 02, 2016
evening
Re: .. by Lynuche: 11:34pm On Aug 05, 2016
Just started with the almond oil St Ives today. Let's see how that works out...Use Eva soap too.. I got tired of changing soaps and creams to get a bright skin. Gonna stick with this for a while
jiggaz:
Okay, i decided to post this review for the benefit of people that have uneven skin tone. Uneven skin tone is the condition of having discoloration that spoils someone's complexion because of the exposure to UV rays of the sun.

I am a little bit light skinned, but i have uneven skin tone on my back, my neck, my nyansh ( who doesn't? lol ) and some patches on my arms. Its actually not a good sight. And personally i hate using lotions or creams. I came across St Ives Body Lotion here on Nairaland, where someone was talking about how good the lotion is and how it gave him a beautiful and clear skin. So i googled about St Ives and read about their range of lotions and i love what i discovered.

What i really love about St Ives range of Body Lotions is that they use natural ingredients for their products ( no harsh chemicals ). Also their lotions are body moisturisers and not bleaching or toning lotion. All their lotions contain natural moisturisers like Soybean Oil & Shea Butter and the Soybean Oil in their lotions protects the skin from the Ultra Violet rays of the sun ( Soybean Oil is a natural sunscreen ).

I have been using St Ives Body Lotion now for one month and i am seeing results already, but you have to be patient though. The uneven skin tone on my neck, arms, back and nyansh are now clearing up slowly and my skin now have this beautiful glow!!!! And its looking so healthy and smooth!!! It absorbs easily into the skin and its non greasy.

St Ives Body Lotion have many variants but the one i bought was ST IVES NATURALLY INDULGENT BODY LOTION WITH COCONUT MILK & ORCHID EXTRACT. I bought it at the price of N2,100 at a big supermarket. Other variants of the lotion are -

1) St Ives 24 Hr Deep Restoring Lotion with Almond Oil.
2) St Ives Replenishing Mineral Therapy Body Lotion.
3) St Ives Intensive Healing Body Lotion with Cranberry Oil & Grapeseed Extract.
Etc......there are other variants and all of them are effective and they do the same work.
I bought a second big bottle of St Ives Replenishing Mineral Body Therapy Lotion that i am using now. Please while buying, make sure you buy at The Mall, Big Supermarkets or Big Departmental Stores.

I saw DETTOL EVEN TONE SOAP in a TV advert so i decided to buy it too because it is made to give an Even Tone Skin. I like the soap, it smells like cocoa butter and it contains apricot seed. I have been using it for close to 2 weeks now together with the St Ives Lotion and my uneven skin is clearing up slowly and it leaves my skin looking healthy and beautiful.

N.B - St Ives Body Lotion is a body moisturiser.and not a Toning, Lightening or Bleaching Lotion. It is meant to give you a beautiful, healthy skin while maintaining your natural complexion whether dark or fair, your skin will be healthy and it will glow.
Dettol Even Tone Soap is also not a Toning, Lightening or Bleaching soap. It is meant to even out uneven skin tone and give you an even tone complexion.
Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 11:32am On Aug 06, 2016
Lynuche:
Just started with the almond oil St Ives today. Let's see how that works out...Use Eva soap too.. I got tired of changing soaps and creams to get a bright skin. Gonna stick with this for a while
alright thats nice.... yes it will work for you ... From what I googled online, Almond Oil is a very effective ingredient used in brightening the skin and its a natural oil.... It is very rich in Vitamin E & A, also rich in antioxidants... It protects the skin from the harmful rays of the sun and fights free radicals that causes skin damage...

Almond oil coupled with Soybean Oil in St Ives lotion acts as a natural sunscreen for your skin... From what i noticed, the St Ives 24 Hr Deep Restoring Moisture Body Lotion is the most favorite among Nigerians..... at the supermarket, its the first to get finished.

2 Likes

Re: .. by ogedazzle: 5:03pm On Aug 06, 2016
PROMIXING 1 DATE:AUG 8-12 2016 FEE:2500 SEND A MESSAGE TO 07039375005 TO GET STARTED
LEARN THE SECRETS TO FABULOUS SKINCARE
COURSE OUTLINE‎ Moroccan whitening lotion Egyptian whitening milk Halfcast lotion Herbal cream for bleached skin Hot chocolate cream Fair lady mix Skin glow night cream Whitening cream Toning milk Pimples treatment cleanser Moroccan soap Extra whitening black soap Moroccan oil Talking oil Egyptian oil Halfcast oil Bright n glow oil Repair oil Stretch mark eraser Baby glow body butter Kids body butter Face cream
Re: .. by emeraldoe(f): 8:03am On Jul 29, 2017
Hello.its bin over a year. Just saw dis. How is d st ives n which of the range is good for a fair skinned lady
jiggaz:
Oh i forgot to add, the smell of the St Ives Replenishing Mineral Therapy Body Lotion that am now using is heavenly... i can't pin the smell but all i know is dat anytime i apply it on my body, i feel like eating myself.... lol.

Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 11:26am On Jul 29, 2017
emeraldoe:
Hello.its bin over a year. Just saw dis. How is d st ives n which of the range is good for a fair skinned lady
St Ives is a good range of lotion.... All their lotions are good and it's for all skin types and complexion. The one i like best is their INTENSIVE HEALING LOTION WITH CRANBERRY SEED & GRAPE SEED OIL. Then another one is their 24 HRS DEEP RESTORING LOTION WITH ALMOND OIL.

Why i like their lotions is that its light on the skin, it doesn't make you sweat, if not i wouldn't have used them cos i don't really like rubbing lotion on my body.

1 Like

Re: .. by gobby(f): 9:09pm On Sep 04, 2017
Thanks for this review am about to buy this product as i just saw it in a store but the brands are so many, got confused and decided to go home and do more research...
Re: .. by tpapi: 11:17am On Feb 06, 2018
emeraldoe:
hello is ur email active, I av sent u a pm, want to ask u a medical question
Re: .. by Prinzyy: 8:15am On Jul 20, 2018
jiggaz:

how much did you buy the dettol even tone soap
Re: .. by Chickychic(f): 3:39pm On Jul 22, 2018
[please tell me that you apply this product on your face and pease are you dark skinned? Because i have been trying to get a good cream and soap so i settled for vaseline cocoa moisture and dudu osun soap.
Please i need to know how effective those products are on you so that i can try it out. quote author=jiggaz post=45833955]Okay, i decided to post this review for the benefit of people that have uneven skin tone. Uneven skin tone is the condition of having discoloration that spoils someone's complexion because of the exposure to UV rays of the sun.

I am a little bit light skinned, but i have uneven skin tone on my back, my neck, my nyansh ( who doesn't? lol ) and some patches on my arms. Its actually not a good sight. And personally i hate using lotions or creams. I came across St Ives Body Lotion here on Nairaland, where someone was talking about how good the lotion is and how it gave him a beautiful and clear skin. So i googled about St Ives and read about their range of lotions and i love what i discovered.

What i really love about St Ives range of Body Lotions is that they use natural ingredients for their products ( no harsh chemicals ). Also their lotions are body moisturisers and not bleaching or toning lotion. All their lotions contain natural moisturisers like Soybean Oil & Shea Butter and the Soybean Oil in their lotions protects the skin from the Ultra Violet rays of the sun ( Soybean Oil is a natural sunscreen ).

I have been using St Ives Body Lotion now for one month and i am seeing results already, but you have to be patient though. The uneven skin tone on my neck, arms, back and nyansh are now clearing up slowly and my skin now have this beautiful glow!!!! And its looking so healthy and smooth!!! It absorbs easily into the skin and its non greasy.

St Ives Body Lotion have many variants but the one i bought was ST IVES NATURALLY INDULGENT BODY LOTION WITH COCONUT MILK & ORCHID EXTRACT. I bought it at the price of N2,100 at a big supermarket. Other variants of the lotion are -

1) St Ives 24 Hr Deep Restoring Lotion with Almond Oil.
2) St Ives Replenishing Mineral Therapy Body Lotion.
3) St Ives Intensive Healing Body Lotion with Cranberry Oil & Grapeseed Extract.
Etc......there are other variants and all of them are effective and they do the same work.
I bought a second big bottle of St Ives Replenishing Mineral Body Therapy Lotion that i am using now. Please while buying, make sure you buy at The Mall, Big Supermarkets or Big Departmental Stores.

I saw DETTOL EVEN TONE SOAP in a TV advert so i decided to buy it too because it is made to give an Even Tone Skin. I like the soap, it smells like cocoa butter and it contains apricot seed. I have been using it for close to 2 weeks now together with the St Ives Lotion and my uneven skin is clearing up slowly and it leaves my skin looking healthy and beautiful.

N.B - St Ives Body Lotion is a body moisturiser.and not a Toning, Lightening or Bleaching Lotion. It is meant to give you a beautiful, healthy skin while maintaining your natural complexion whether dark or fair, your skin will be healthy and it will glow.
Dettol Even Tone Soap is also not a Toning, Lightening or Bleaching soap. It is meant to even out uneven skin tone and give you an even tone complexion.
[/quote]
Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 9:17pm On Jul 22, 2018
Chickychic lol no, i don't use it on my face. I am a little bit light skinned. Yes Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion is very good and Dudu Osun is very good too. You are on the right track.
Re: .. by Chickychic(f): 11:34pm On Jul 22, 2018
jiggaz:
Chickychic lol no, i don't use it on my face. I am a little bit light skinned. Yes Vaseline Cocoa Butter lotion is very good and Dudu Osun is very good too. You are on the right track.
So what cream do you apply on your face because I apply my cream on my face and noticed that I am a bit darker on my face.
Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 6:35am On Jul 23, 2018
Chickychic:

So what cream do you apply on your face because I apply my cream on my face and noticed that I am a bit darker on my face.
I use shea butter on my face at night cos i have extremely oily face. The shea butter reduces the oil on my face though.
Re: .. by Chickychic(f): 7:41am On Jul 23, 2018
jiggaz:
I use shea butter on my face at night cos i have extremely oily face. The shea lbutter reduces the oil on my face though.
So what advice can you give regarding facecream now
Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 3:05pm On Jul 23, 2018
Chickychic:

So what advice can you give regarding facecream now
lol my dear, I'm not a skin care expert. But you can use shea butter the original one oo. It will make your face smooth and fresh. That's what i noticed on my own.
Re: .. by Mhaiyex33: 2:34am On Jan 12, 2019
When I was in SS3,my sis got the St Ives but I don't know which one in particular...She got it for my younger sister and I...The cream brought out my natural color same as my younger sister..My elder sis said it made her darker then I found out it brings out your color nd evens it with time...My elder sis is darker but she was using other creams to make her fair she was just a shade lighter but using St Ives,she went back to her original color...My younger sister nd I were the fair ones but we were using Vaseline before she brought the cream nd we lightened up sharply...I just wish I knew the one I used sha

1 Like

Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 7:47am On Jan 12, 2019
Mhaiyex33:
When I was in SS3,my sis got the St Ives but I don't know which one in particular...She got it for my younger sister and I...The cream brought out my natural color same as my younger sister..My elder sis said it made her darker then I found out it brings out your color nd evens it with time...My elder sis is darker but she was using other creams to make her fair she was just a shade lighter but using St Ives,she went back to her original color...My younger sister nd I were the fair ones but we were using Vaseline before she brought the cream nd we lightened up sharply...I just wish I knew the one I used sha
Alright.... But all the St Ives range of body lotions are all effective... They all work.
Re: .. by Poshkvng: 8:44am On Feb 22, 2019
I want to even out my tone, because I have some dark patches and discoloration in some body areas.. which of the st’ives lotion would be best to restore the tone?
Re: .. by ChocolateHigh: 1:38pm On Jul 30, 2019
jiggaz:
Alright.... But all the St Ives range of body lotions are all effective... They all work.
jiggaz please how much is the Dettol even tone?answer ooh before I turned burnt offering!
Re: .. by Ginaz(f): 4:55pm On Jul 30, 2019
I love St Ives products. I was using the one with collagen and vitamin E (I'm trying hard to recall) it was really nice. It brightened my skin tone and made it fair. I used the body liquid soap as well but it was too harsh on my skin and made my skin dry.

Their lotion is nice but stay off the bathing soaps.

I stopped using the product in 2014 because there are fakes now littering the market.
Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 9:20pm On Jul 30, 2019
ChocolateHigh:
jiggaz please how much is the Dettol even tone?answer ooh before I turned burnt offering!
I don't know oo... I am no longer using it. Lol

1 Like 1 Share

Re: .. by ChocolateHigh: 10:42pm On Jul 30, 2019
jiggaz:
I don't know oo... I am no longer using it. Lol
so which one you dey use now and how good is it?
Re: .. by ChocolateHigh: 10:46pm On Jul 30, 2019
Ginaz:
I love St Ives products. I was using the one with collagen and vitamin E (I'm trying hard to recall) it was really nice. It brightened my skin tone and made it fair. I used the body liquid soap as well but it was too harsh on my skin and made my skin dry.

Their lotion is nice but stay off the bathing soaps.

I stopped using the product in 2014 because there are fakes now littering the market.
But biko do you know how much Dettol even tone hygiene soap is sold in mall or supermarket?
Re: .. by jiggaz(m): 7:32am On Jul 31, 2019
ChocolateHigh:
so which one you dey use now and how good is it?
Na black soap i dey use... You can use Dudu Osun cos it's very good also.

Dettol Even Tone soap are still available in supermarkets and malls. Go price it.

(1) (Reply)

Monalisa Stephen Body-Shamed Over Her Stretch Marks By Fellow Woman. She Reacts / Yvonne Nelson Or Nadia Buhari: Who Looks Better In A Bikini? / Chebe Powder And Karkar Oil For Hair Growth Here

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 57
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.