Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,652 members, 7,809,467 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 10:05 AM

Help On Wordpress - Webmasters - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Webmasters / Help On Wordpress (514 Views)

Learn How To Build An E-commerce Website With Free Tools On Wordpress / Help Needed On Wordpress Open Graph / How Can I Start A Blog On Wordpress.org (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help On Wordpress by MAK211(m): 7:12pm On May 21, 2016
Hello webmasters in the forum your help is needed pls i have been following many threads in the house about bloging and got intrested in it so i decided to giv it a try in wordpress platform but get struck in the process of buying domain name when i realised that the domain i used when hosting my blog has been takin in godaddy.com. so my question nw is can i go ahead anf buy another 1 den set to my blog or its not possible. example joyok. den realize joyok.com has been taken from godaddy.com but decide to go for joyokfoods.com will it be possibl or wordpress wont recognise it. please i will be expexting your comments
Re: Help On Wordpress by Generalmac(m): 7:49pm On May 21, 2016
I don't know about cos I haven't used it before..

I'm on self hosted, WordPress.org, but from all observations and experiences, you should be able to buy any domain of your choice and park it at your end.
Re: Help On Wordpress by hostkobo(m): 8:42pm On May 21, 2016
MAK211:
Hello webmasters in the forum your help is needed pls i have been following many threads in the house about bloging and got intrested in it so i decided to giv it a try in wordpress platform but get struck in the process of buying domain name when i realised that the domain i used when hosting my blog has been takin in godaddy.com. so my question nw is can i go ahead anf buy another 1 den set to my blog or its not possible. example joyok. den realize joyok.com has been taken from godaddy.com but decide to go for joyokfoods.com will it be possibl or wordpress wont recognise it. please i will be expexting your comments

Hi Mak211,

Wordpress is the last thing you have to worry about. Its so easy an everything works in a breeze.

If you have a wordpress account with joyok., you can purchase a godaddy domain of hellomyfriend.com and still map it to joyok.. The domain name and the wordpress account name does not have to be the same. THe major thing is your content. Content is king.

I'm on whatsapp if you are, my details are in my signature. I can help you with the domain registration an mapping and any other technicalities involved. If you are interested in a self hosted solution, I can be of help too.

regards
HK
Re: Help On Wordpress by Dmayor7(m): 10:23am On May 22, 2016
it is easy to do....

all you need to do is buy the domain of your choice, and direct the domain name servers to point to it.

I am a web designer with works like www.kesienashop.com, www.infoinexcess.com

and some others..

I can help you with that... 08175765974 or darlingtonokafor@gmail.com
Re: Help On Wordpress by tohero(m): 10:30am On May 22, 2016
Hi Mak211,

toheebDOTcom:

If i can get your question correctly, you want to change from ex. to something more like example.com or ex.com; right?

If yes, Just follow this process

1. Export content from your current blog
2. Import content to your new blog
3. Add a site redirect to direct your visitors at old blog to new blog

There are many imports and export plugins for wordpress. [url="https://wordpress.org/plugins/all-in-one-wp-migration/"] All in one WP Migration [/url] may be all you will need. You may as well search the wordpress directory for best plugins.

I hope it helps wink
Re: Help On Wordpress by tohero(m): 10:42am On May 22, 2016
For issues or services on with wordpress, use this thread or contact the op
Re: Help On Wordpress by MAK211(m): 8:54pm On May 24, 2016
Tank u al 4 ur contribution, problem solved

(1) (Reply)

Cheap U.s Adsense Account For Sale / How Can I Use Foreign Company Like Godaddy Or Hostgator To Register And Host .ed / Develop Your E-commerce Website In Magento With A Magento Certified Developer

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 14
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.