Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,053 members, 7,814,621 topics. Date: Wednesday, 01 May 2024 at 04:22 PM

Are Federal Universities Worth The Hype? - Education - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Education / Are Federal Universities Worth The Hype? (614 Views)

Charging Of Tuition Fees In Federal Universities Illegal - FG / Medicine And Surgery: Is It Worth The Attention It Gets? / Top 23 Cheapest Federal Universities In Nigeria With School Fees. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Are Federal Universities Worth The Hype? by ItzTun3chi(m): 7:36pm On May 21, 2016
I actually didn't want to create this thread, but I see it seriously getting out of control angry ...federal universities students brag and bossy about their schools to other students most especially private university students.. .i ain't attending private university,as a matter of fact, I attend a federal university too.. .why do you defend an institution that doesn't repay your labour with good grades undecided All they do is to do the reverse which isn't done in private university.. When these private university graduates students,we bad mouth them and say they were just given the grades, do we look at it from the point that they have all they facilities to help them be successful, I ain't saying they ain't in federal uni, but these facilities are outdated and out of Vogue... Dilapidated hostels and so on.. And in private uni too,the lecturers repay them with good grades.. .so my point is just,we should place any instution above another, all are equal. .what matters is what you and me are able to offer to make Nigeria better.. .thanks

1 Like

Re: Are Federal Universities Worth The Hype? by falconey(m): 7:42pm On May 21, 2016
listen to yourself , the private uni lecturers repay them with good grades.

Its like knowing you will pass before you sit for the exam, this means no struggle.
Re: Are Federal Universities Worth The Hype? by ammyluv2002(f): 7:42pm On May 21, 2016
Yes! Very well cheesy
Re: Are Federal Universities Worth The Hype? by donbenedict(m): 7:45pm On May 21, 2016
Well judging from my current schooling at uniport, i"d like to say dat i'd prefer schooling at a private uni dan schooling in here.
Re: Are Federal Universities Worth The Hype? by calliope(f): 7:45pm On May 21, 2016
Op.. You are sleep deprived.....

Goan sleep pls!!!!!

1 Like

Re: Are Federal Universities Worth The Hype? by Nobody: 7:55pm On May 21, 2016
lol...that's why we brag...only the toughest finds themselves in federal uni.
...32000 chose Funaab only 3500 was admitted.... and I no go brag?
100000+ chose unilorin and less than 15k was chosen?

being in a federal Uni is by grace and luck + sweat

passing through it sef...na wayo....

you are now talking about private University...iffai slap you,ehn..wetin dem dey do...sit,read,pass that's all...money working for you....
Babcock for example if you fail a course you can retake it by summer. . . .SMH!!...

APART FROM CONVENANT. which one of them dey top 10?
Re: Are Federal Universities Worth The Hype? by DrayZee: 7:58pm On May 21, 2016
It's not in all private universities that lecturers give out grades to undeserving students. But that is the only aspect you can fault a private university.
You'd be surprised that those public university students placing themselves over privates are those who aren't performing well due to one or more causes which may not be present in private universities. As such, they console themselves by looking down on privates instead of working to adapt to their own unfortunate conditions.
Those in public universities who are doing well will usually not have the time nor see the reason for a debate against private universities.
Re: Are Federal Universities Worth The Hype? by OBAFEMIawolowo: 8:02pm On May 21, 2016
Federal school are the best as far as Nigeria is concerned, you get to meet renowned lecturers who has gone far and arw very successful in their various fields. The most successful, brilliant and respected academicians are in the federal schools. Again, federal schools engage in more researches than others.

1 Like

Re: Are Federal Universities Worth The Hype? by babyfaceafrica: 9:42pm On May 21, 2016
Lol

(1) (Reply)

Bola Ige Mechatronics Institute / Ui Hosts Campus Journalists Workshop As Nucj Inaugurates Caretaker Committee / JAMB To Scrap The Use Of Scratch Cards For UTME Registration And Result Checking

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 18
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.