Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,660 members, 7,823,872 topics. Date: Friday, 10 May 2024 at 05:01 PM

Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? - Car Talk - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? (9558 Views)

50 Awkward Customized Number Plates Spotted On The Road / HAHAHA And LOL Number Plates: Nigerian Cars Laughing At Poverty / 4 Car Number Plates We Have Used In Nigeria (Photos) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Nobody: 7:59pm On May 21, 2016
I was at this mini occasion today, while the refreshment was going on...the host interrupted us to call out a number plate, the car obstructed another from leaving.
He called this number plate up to 10times, no one stepped forward. We concluded the car wasn't for any of us.

Then this man walked up to the host and specified the make of his car (obviously he doesn't know his number plate), the host shook his head_ it wasn't his car. Several people indicated their cars too...

'Being close to the host, I told him to call out the brand of the car 'cos the other car owner was getting impatient and I think lots of car owners don't know their number plate offhand(he didn't want to do that for security reasons). He had to call out the make of the car, colour, even specified the air freshener inside grin(it was a company's own). That was when this man seriously eating rice and chicken jumped up ... you don't wanna know how the other car owner reacted grin
That brings us to the question. Be truthful o, DO YOU KNOW YOUR CAR'S NUMBER PLATE OFFHAND?

10 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Nobody: 8:01pm On May 21, 2016
grin grin grin grin grin
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Nobody: 8:11pm On May 21, 2016
CFCman:
grin grin grin grin grin
lol.
It is better experienced, I was seriously laughing. The speed he used to drop the plate of rice and started apologising...
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Nickymezor(f): 8:19pm On May 21, 2016
Lolz@ d tale... well tho I dont hv one, most ppl I knw who own cars knw theirs by heart sha...

1 Like

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by englishmart(m): 9:17pm On May 21, 2016
thunder fire number plate. Na plate number I sabi...

1 Like

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Readonee35L(m): 9:50pm On May 21, 2016
Smiles

1 Like

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Sleekyshuga(f): 8:37am On May 22, 2016
cheesy grin cheesy grin Quite hilarious.. Same thing happened in a wedding I attended, though this time, a lady..

The MC kept repeating 'please, the owner of the car with number plate xxxxxxxxx should go and remove the car.. It's wrongly parked.' Aunty was busy lashing at the anonymous car owner when it became obvious no one was standing up after several attempts from the MC..

Only for the MC to change his description; told us the color, make, the teddy at the back seat etc. The same woman lashing at the anonymous owner immediately stood up, made some hilarious sounds in igbo grin, snatched her car key from her bag, running towards the entrance door, signaling to the MC that she was the one cheesy.. It was funny.

To your question OP, though, I don't have a personal car yet, the first thing I do is memorize my parents number plates; for security reasons..

I do not want to be caught at the wrong place at the right/wrong time grin cheesy..

6 Likes

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by princemillla(m): 11:24am On May 22, 2016
The car might not be the said persons own. There is no way you won't have clue on atleast 3 letters on your plate number.
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by lonelydora: 6:31am On May 23, 2016
Which kind question is this? Me that can even remember all my friends car plate number.

6 Likes

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Saheed9: 6:31am On May 23, 2016
n
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by mccoy47(m): 6:33am On May 23, 2016
It's difficult remembering ur plate number wen u hv 4+ cars.
And by d way there are far more better tins to remember than dat
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by wayne4loan: 6:33am On May 23, 2016
How can I forget CHUKS-666 my legendary plate number

2 Likes

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by kobonaire(m): 6:34am On May 23, 2016
No .... my smart phone & the cloud have spoilt me. I store it all there.
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Java001: 6:35am On May 23, 2016
This z d only1 ah remember
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Nobody: 6:36am On May 23, 2016
I only knew my first car number, the 3 digits and not the alphabets. All three present cars, I don't know numbers. So made of cars can help in identifying such. Cars

1 Like

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Saheed9: 6:38am On May 23, 2016
i do memorize my dad's number plate each time he gets a new car. I don't av one yet but only a lazy person would find it hard memorizing those few numbers and letters

4 Likes

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by moscobabs(m): 6:41am On May 23, 2016
Lagos SMK 195 CV
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Nobody: 6:45am On May 23, 2016
I know about 40 number plates with the owners names...
That's what pays my bills kiss kiss

5 Likes

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by drsteroid(m): 6:51am On May 23, 2016
Sure,I always remember mine.Quite hilarious!I think the delicious jollof rice and chicken put the guy's brain on hold,hence he forgot his plate number cheesy
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by 88natzy(m): 7:03am On May 23, 2016
M ex-gf is a genius when it comes to memorizing plate numbers. She can indict someone with numbers. Even public transports, she knew a good number of them she has boarded once.

3 Likes

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by bennymark(m): 7:19am On May 23, 2016
Pls maake una help me, my plate number is Lagos though I am resident in Abj, the local government code is 'LSR' I don ask taya say na which local govt be dat but nobody know am, meanwhile I have seen oda cars too with it. Any lagosian Pls? The first 3 alphabets usually signify a local govt, eg, KRV - Karu Village (Nasarawa)
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Segadem(m): 7:28am On May 23, 2016
Hmmmm
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Evidence1000(m): 7:31am On May 23, 2016
favoured234:
I know about 40 number plates with the owners names... That's what pays my bills kiss kiss
Are you a runs girl?

5 Likes

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by henrygoody(m): 7:32am On May 23, 2016
Is obvious bro, it happens everyday, you give someone form to fill nd by the time he get to vehicle num, he then start describing the car for u,before u knw it he will say plz a mint let me go take a look..... WHAT? .......what dAa F shocked .... MA/SIR,,,, is ur CAR u supposed to knw ur plate NUM
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Evidence1000(m): 7:32am On May 23, 2016
bennymark:
Pls maake una help me, my plate number is Lagos though I am resident in Abj, the local government code is 'LSR' I don ask taya say na which local govt be dat but nobody know am, meanwhile I have seen oda cars too with it. Any lagosian Pls? The first 3 alphabets usually signify a local govt, eg, KRV - Karu Village (Nasarawa)

LSR is surulere

2 Likes

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by bennymark(m): 7:36am On May 23, 2016
Nawa o

God bless u

After much much so na surulere plates I carry, afta 3yrs of using it blindly

Thanks

Evidence1000:

LSR is surulere
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by kenoz(m): 7:38am On May 23, 2016
grin
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by bennymark(m): 7:38am On May 23, 2016
I nearly ask too oh, but fear of early morning washing catch me. I no want any insult dis early mor mor

cc: favoured234

Evidence1000:

Are you a runs girl?
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by henrygoody(m): 7:39am On May 23, 2016
favoured234:

I know about 40 number plates with the owners names...
That's what pays my bills kiss kiss

Nne I dey suspect u now......... Ebi like say u dey stand for road for night((( run gel)))) I mean
Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Nobody: 7:46am On May 23, 2016
henrygoody:

Nne I dey suspect u now......... Ebi like say u dey stand for road for night((( run gel)))) I mean
bennymark:

I nearly ask too oh, but fear of early morning washing catch me. I no want any insult dis early mor mor
cc: favoured234
Evidence1000:

Are you a runs girl?

All of una head they pain una.. grin
I do logistics so I have to know people's (drivers) names with number plates

8 Likes

Re: Number Plates: How Well Do You Know Your Car? by Evidence1000(m): 7:50am On May 23, 2016
bennymark:

SMK = Somolu L.G.
JJJ = Ojo LG
KJA = Ikeja LG
AAA = Lagos Island LG (i wonder why they have
AAA.lol)
FKJ = Ifako Ijaiye *
AKD = Ibeju Lekki LGA (the council Headquarters
is in Akodo)
LND = Lagos Mainland LG
LSR = Surulere LG
LSD = Oshodi Isolo LG
KSF = Kosofe LG
AGL = Ajeromi Ifelodun *
APP = Apapa LG
KTU = Alimosho LG*
BDG = Badagry LG
EKY = Eti-Osa LG (the council headquarters is in
Ikoyi)
KRD = Ikorodu
EPE = Epe LG
MUS = Mushin LG
GGE = Agege LG

8 Likes 3 Shares

(1) (2) (Reply)

Where Are Cars Cheapest In The Us? / Nissan To Open Assembly Plant In Nigeria / Porsche And Singer Vehicles Collaborate To Make Porsche 964 DLS

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.