Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,755 members, 7,817,088 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 04:21 AM

How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) - Car Talk (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Car Talk / How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) (28306 Views)

Mistakes To Avoid When Driving An Automatic Transmission Car / How To Save Fuel When Driving / Things You Should Not Do When Driving In The Rain (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by mecussey(m): 6:47am On May 22, 2016
i dont know why alcohol works for me...i drink enough to stay alert but sometimes I think its risky, other times i think i drive better, carefully and calculative with it. Pls dont try this if u re not use to alcohol bc u go find urself for bush.

1 Like

Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by tunwumi: 6:49am On May 22, 2016
All this no dey do am for Lagos. ALOMO BITTERS and the like na him dey do am
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Thoughty2(m): 6:58am On May 22, 2016
Lagos drivers are the ones who need this most because they work longer, close at wee hours and still would have to drive themselves home
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by DanielGb(m): 7:02am On May 22, 2016
This post is copied from Wiki How.
Nigerians knows it is not safe to travel by night in there country, and when they do; they don't put on there interior light.

best solution:
sleep well before driving.
when driving, get busy with something of interest.

personally, I don't like Chewing gum.

1 Like

Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Jobabori(m): 7:11am On May 22, 2016
Most of the eating items listed are foreign which are not easily available here. I think the applicability of the suggested methods depend on distance of the journey. A method you can successfully used in a distance of Lagos to Ibadan may fail in Lagos to Yola.
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by AntiWailer: 7:14am On May 22, 2016
ZoggingMaster:
If you had a sleepless night and you are on a long drive, almost all of these methods will fail you.

LOL

Method 7 works.

7. Sleep off while driving.

If u av done sleepless nite before u will know dt the only option is park and sleep.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by agarawu23(m): 7:21am On May 22, 2016
uboma:
The most important, which was not listed by the op is,

Get enough rest before embarking on a road journey. If one is tired, the above points may offer only temporal alertness.

in addition, park in a nearby filling station and sleep if you feel like sleeping on wheel. They are some kinda sleep's all the mentioned above can't stop.
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by dayosweetness(m): 7:24am On May 22, 2016
see eh, all dis tips might be helpful o, but if not God eh, u will still sleep coz u cant cheat nature
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by mrofficial(m): 7:37am On May 22, 2016
AntiWailer:

LOL

Method 7 works.

7. Sleep off while driving.

If u av done sleepless nite before u will know dt the only option is park and sleep.

Especially when there is traffic.
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Nobody: 7:40am On May 22, 2016
How long will d airtme last. Hope no be d airtime weh go expire after 5days. Bcus I wan use am till d end of dis month weh I go collect salary oh. So hope no time limit. Kindly reply. Thanks

[size=13pt]Modified**

MODS what's happening. I saw a post about MTN promo and it disappeared again. How come?[/size]
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by LydayBobo(m): 7:43am On May 22, 2016
The best way is to display pictures of fatal accident victims at every kilometers...your eyes go clear Lagos to Kebbi
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Nature8(m): 7:47am On May 22, 2016
Nice one bro..
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by loomer: 7:58am On May 22, 2016
Who go sleep go sleep. No miracle on that aspect
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Stephandeswardt: 7:59am On May 22, 2016
Prince29:
END TIME STAY AWAKE WHEN DRIVING.WHO DEY DRIVE NOR KNOW SAY HIM/HER GO STAY AWAKE ABE DEM DEY SLEEP DEY DRIVE.

Be like you no dey drive
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Okaakoko(m): 8:07am On May 22, 2016
why not just find a cool place, park your car and sleep for like an hour. it works.
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Xblink(m): 8:19am On May 22, 2016
Just hav a good sleep before going on a long journey.....
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Nobody: 8:27am On May 22, 2016
DjAndroid:
Music no work for me. I tried it once, i pushed the volume button to maximum and sing follow, na when I almost enter bush my eyes clear.
what works for me is just playing any random CD, turn off the ac and bring the two front windows down and always change speeds and not maintain a particular one else u'd be so used to it and doze off. All this techniques are if you are driving automatic o. Once in a while I still do bring my hand out of the window. I stopped blaming all the drivers who drive long distance who drink alcohol the day I traveled from abuja to owerri. and another thing, make sure whoever is in front with u is not sleeping, else with time, ur body will start feeling sleepy too, and before u know it, ur head is moving front and back.
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by chimah3(m): 8:44am On May 22, 2016
All this when you can just park and sleep!!!
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Nobody: 8:45am On May 22, 2016
Stephandeswardt:

Be like you no dey drive
him never drive once, so no mind am
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by DarryOsh(m): 8:51am On May 22, 2016
Nature demands that we sleep. If you feel really sleepy, please Park your vehicle somewhere safe and take a nap.

Life has no duplicate. Don't endanger your life and that of others.
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Nobody: 9:23am On May 22, 2016
AutosBay, where did you learn to drive??

The correct thing to do if you're feeling tired whilst driving, is to find a safe place to park, and get some sleep.

Attempting to keep awake by any of the methods you've posted are dangerous. It is still possible to fall asleep, and be involved in an RTA. Or stay awake, but your senses could be impaired, causing your mind to wander, with catastrophic consequences.

4 Likes

Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Blakenails(m): 9:35am On May 22, 2016
For me I always have a lot of comedy plates in my car both foreign and Nigerian.. You can't sleep when you are having a good laugh.

1 Like

Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Nobody: 9:54am On May 22, 2016
matrix199:
Intermittently, Just keep saying...life has no duplicate. That alone is enough to keep you awake while driving.

But if you can't hold out, please please please, pull over to somewhere along the way that's safe enough for you to have a short nap before embarking on your journey.

best advice so far...
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Philadelphia: 9:59am On May 22, 2016
Op, all your points are hazards on their own and I advise anyone reading this thread to desist from attempting to do them.

The only remedy to staying awake while driving is to get plenty of sleep at least 24 hours before embarking on any long distance journey.
God who created sleep did not create any panacea to it. The only cure for sleep is "sleep".

In the event of you driving and you feel sleepy, pullover to somewhere safe and answer the call of nature (sleep).

However, before embarking on any journey, think incident free by;

1.) Training (you must have been trained on how to drive and must know how to drive).
2.) Planning the journey. Know the route alternate routes, road and weather conditions, your stops if necessary (eg mechanics, police stations, fuel stations, eatery or marts, etc).
3.) State of mind: Be physically and emotionally sound to start and finish the journey. Don't drive if you're sick or if you are angry or overly joyed.
4.) Proper tools and equipments: Check your vehicle conditions and safety gadgets in the vehicle (triangular reflector, indicators, fire extinguisher, lights, spare tyre, jack, seat belt, tire, etc).
5.) TRUST in God. This appears last on the list but it is the most important.

NB:
Whoever drives and gets home safely is the one that completed the journey. "Welcome" is told to people on arrival. Not on the road or at hospital, but at home.

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Ayostephen1(m): 10:04am On May 22, 2016
JUST PULL OFF AND OBSERVE A SHORT SNAP FOR TEN TO THIRTY MINUTES IS ENOF. IBO LA NKONJU LO GANN. WHY THE HURRY.
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by okpanaokpoko(m): 10:04am On May 22, 2016
Good topic.learned somthing

Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 10:14am On May 22, 2016
AutosBay:
Avoid sugar. Sugar causes several responses in your system which result in drowsiness and brain fog some time later. The faster the sugar was taken into your system, the stronger the effect.

And you first advised us to drink energy drink abi?
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 10:17am On May 22, 2016
MANGAM:
Nice post

That's how you'll go and do what he says and kill yourself. I hate it when people just say " nice post" without understanding it. Most of what the op wrote is rubbish and guaranteed to get you killed.
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by uboma(m): 10:25am On May 22, 2016
Siena:
AutosBay, where did you learn to drive??

The correct thing to do if you're feeling tired whilst driving, is to find a safe place to park, and get some sleep.

Attempting to keep awake by any of the methods you've posted are dangerous. It is still possible to fall asleep, and be involved in an RTA. Or stay awake, but your senses could be impaired, causing your mind to wander, with catastrophic consequences.

1,000,000 likes.
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Nobody: 10:33am On May 22, 2016
Bollinger:

And you first advised us to drink energy drink abi?

...which is literally laced with sugar, lol.

1 Like

Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by Bollinger(m): 11:00am On May 22, 2016
Siena:

...which is literally laced with sugar, lol.

Which goes to show you how dangerous the internet is. Everybody is now an expert on issues. The worst part is most people don't care what the source of the information is. They follow blindly. If there is information on Nairaland about eating dog poo, i guarantee you someone on NL will say "nice post" and actually do it. What a bunch of dumb mofos.
Re: How to Stay Awake When Driving (Photos) by nkemdi89(f): 12:06pm On May 22, 2016
Our KSTA driver almost plunge into a ditch along lokoja during Ramadan period, the passenger occupying the front seat didn't even know he was sleeping on steering, on sighting his face through the mirror I had to call the attention of others.

1 Like

(1) (2) (3) (Reply)

Doctor's Report and Tinted Glass Permit / Mazda Thread / The Rolls-Royce Cullinan Viewing Suite Is The World's Fanciest Way To Tailgate

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 36
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.