Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,748 members, 7,824,153 topics. Date: Saturday, 11 May 2024 at 12:55 AM

Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church (2311 Views)

Poverty In Nigeria Vs Richest Pastors In Nigeria - By Alawode-James Jumoke / More Pastors Will Spring Up / Guy Dancing In Church Chased By Ushers (Hilarious Video) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 11:18pm On May 21, 2016
Lemme just go straight to the point
1. Luke 14:12-14 He said also to the man who had invited him, “When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not invite your friends or your brothers or your relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also invite you in return and you be repaid. But when you give a feast, invite the poor, the crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be blessed, because they cannot repay you. For you will be repaid at the resurrection of the just.
2. Luke 12:33-34 Sell your possessions, and give to the needy. Provide yourselves with moneybags that do not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens that does not fail, where no thief approaches and no moth destroys. For where your treasure is, there will your heart be also.
3. Isaiah 58:10 If you pour yourself out for the hungry and satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall your light rise in the darkness and your gloom be as the noonday.
4. Galatians 2:10 “Only, they asked us to remember the poor, the very thing I was eager to do.”
5. Proverbs 19:17 Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the LORD, and he will repay him for his deed.
Cos they know they will have to lead by example

6 Likes 2 Shares

Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by debonairprinx(m): 12:38am On May 22, 2016
Some pastors do..............Don't generalise by the few you know.

These are instructions from Christ to we christains, he mentioned the fact that the poor will always be in our midst, same also with the parable that emphasises on our gestures to the poor that Jesus Christ see as one to him also, either negative or positive.

Sadly, some christains exhibit christainity as a show of affluence more than providence. God's rule and instructions are clearly stated, AS IT IS, SO IT WILL BE. Modifications the 21st century are introducing berates the existence of Christ sacrifice for the redemption of our sins.

Well,salvation is personal, and we should start seeing it like that rather than conforming to the morality of the world. God's spirit rest upon us all to do what's right, just and acceptable before God..........
AMEN!!!

2 Likes

Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by matrix199(m): 1:38am On May 22, 2016
One pastor bought a plane, others joined and made it a trend.

One pastor established a university, others joined and made it a trend.

They know how to quote Malachi 3 vs 8 when it's time for offering and tithing. But won't quote Luke 12 vs 32, Luke 14 vs 12.

4 Likes

Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by Joagbaje(m): 4:54am On May 22, 2016
frubben:

1. Luke 14:12-14
He said also to the man who had invited him,
“When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not
invite your friends or your brothers or your
relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also
invite you in return and you be repaid. But
when you give a feast, invite the poor, the
crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be
blessed, because they cannot repay you. For
you will be repaid at the resurrection of the
just.

2. Luke 12:33-34
Sell your possessions, and give to the needy.
Provide yourselves with moneybags that do
not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens
that does not fail, where no thief approaches
and no moth destroys. For where your
treasure is, there will your heart be also.

3. Isaiah 58:10
If you pour yourself out for the hungry and
satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall
your light rise in the darkness and your gloom
be as the noonday.

4. Galatians 2:10 “Only, they asked us to
remember the poor, the very thing I was
eager to do.”

5. Proverbs 19:17
Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the
LORD, and he will repay him for his deed.

why do you think pastors don't quote them .whats the big deal about the verses. do you know how much charities churches do. is it because they don't publicise it? even if they publicises it for the sake of people like you, you people will still attack them saying its for show quoting 'do let your left hand see what the right is doing grin

2 Likes

Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 7:01am On May 22, 2016
debonairprinx:
Some pastors do..............Don't generalise by the few you know.

These are instructions from Christ to we christains, he mentioned the fact that the poor will always be in our midst, same also with the parable that emphasises on our gestures to the poor that Jesus Christ see as one to him also, either negative or positive.

Sadly, some christains exhibit christainity as a show of affluence more than providence. God's rule and instructions are clearly stated, AS IT IS, SO IT WILL BE. Modifications the 21st century are introducing berates the existence of Christ sacrifice for the redemption of our sins.

Well,salvation is personal, and we should start seeing it like that rather than conforming to the morality of the world. God's spirit rest upon us all to do what's right, just and acceptable before God..........
AMEN!!!
Even if dey do read it, dere explanation will differs. Dey will explain to suit only members and not demselves
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 7:02am On May 22, 2016
matrix199:
One pastor bought a plane, others joined and made it a trend.

One pastor established a university, others joined and made it a trend.

They know how to quote Malachi 3 vs 8 when it's time for offering and tithing. But won't quote Luke 12 vs 32, Luke 14 vs 12.

God bless u for dis wonderful words.
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 7:06am On May 22, 2016
Joagbaje:

why do you think pastors don't quote them .whats the big deal about the verses. do you know how much charities churches do. is it because they don't publicise it? even if they publicises it for the sake of people like you, you people will still attack them saying its for show quoting 'do let your left hand see what the right is doing grin

Charities to only a selected place of dier own choice right. Dey do charities by building university dat the poor can't attend or secondary dat d poor can't attend. An example of charity is tabitha.
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by debonairprinx(m): 7:21am On May 22, 2016
frubben:

Even if dey do read it, dere explanation will differs. Dey will explain to suit only members and not demselves

Well,that may be true in some cases, but I rather refrain from castigating Men of God, just so I won't offend the holy spirit. There's an anointing on them, and that's what we should recognise.
Have a glorious worship in church my brother.

1 Like

Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 7:37am On May 22, 2016
debonairprinx:

Well,that may be true in some cases, but I rather refrain from castigating Men of God, just so I won't offend the holy spirit. There's an anointing on them, and that's what we should recognise.

But jesus and d disciples spoke on d behavior of the pharisee cos dere behavior is same as the G O we hav nw. If u don't talk and I don't talk who will den speak for d poor and help dem. Enough is enough

3 Likes 1 Share

Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by esxty(f): 7:55am On May 22, 2016
my pastor do preach all this
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by paxonel(m): 8:40am On May 22, 2016
debonairprinx:

i think this is where corruption thrives,
not wanting to say anything even when men of God are not doing right for fear that they have special anointing over you.
a typical replicate of what is happening in African homes where the man of house will mess up, and his wife and children will be afraid to speak, or our politicians will misappropriate public fund simply because the citizens are afraid to speak out.
For your info, Christ don't see you inferior below any man of God or politician . it is you that volunteered to keep yourself inferior under your pastor.
just like the way you are answerable to Christ that is the same way all men of God are answerable to him.
so, when you see people speaking out it is because they want change, not necessarily castigating.
grin
debonairprinx:

not wanting to say anything even when men of God are not doing right for fear that they have special anointing over you.
a typical replicate of what is happening in African homes where the man of house will mess up, and his wife and children will be afraid to speak, or our politicians will misappropriate public fund simply because the citizens are afraid to speak out.
For your info, Christ don't see you inferior below any man of God or politician .
You were equally anointed the day accepted to be in the Christian religion.
so, it is you that ignorantly volunteered to keep yourself inferior under your pastor.
just like the way you are answerable to Christ that is the same way all men of God are answerable to him.
so, when you see people speaking out it is because they want change, not necessarily castigating.
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by debonairprinx(m): 9:27am On May 22, 2016
paxonel:

For your info, Christ don't see you inferior below any man of God or politician . it is you that volunteered to keep yourself inferior under your pastor.
grin
For your info, Christ don't see you inferior below any man of God or politician .
You were equally anointed the day accepted to be in the Christian religion.
so, it is you that ignorantly volunteered to keep yourself inferior under your pastor.

Exactly my point.........ANSWERABLE TO CHRIST. We all are, so why don't we just let him pass the judgement according to His standards in regards to our works.

And about being ignorant, surely am not. I segmentalize the world's moral standards from the spiritual standards, I understand that the universe is bigger than what we see, and the existence of life rest on God's words through creation.
I urge you to discuss constructively rather than you conclude on someone else's mental ability or understanding, to be sincere I have nothing to prove to you......just stating my opinion, as much as I respect yours and reason it out from your perspective. God bless you.
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 9:36am On May 22, 2016
esxty:
my pastor do preach all this
Preach it and practice it abi or just preach it for d members to practice it
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 9:51am On May 22, 2016
debonairprinx:

Exactly my point.........ANSWERABLE TO CHRIST. We all are, so why don't we just let him pass the judgement according to His standards in regards to our works.

And about being ignorant, surely am not. I segmentalize the world's moral standards from the spiritual standards, I understand that the universe is bigger than what we see, and the existence of life rest on God's words through creation.
I urge you to discuss constructively rather than you conclude on someone else's mental ability or understanding, to be sincere I have nothing to prove to you......just stating my opinion, as much as I respect yours and reason it out from your perspective. God bless you.

Lik dey will teach christianity is a family, and in a family if u see ur elder brother misbehaving wat do u do. Cos ur elder brother is senior to u does it make him more important dan u in d family or has special Annionting or wat. Speaking up and judging is 2 different tins. Dey don't practice wat dey preach and am sick and tired of dem all, people are dying cos of dier wrong. D bible say d people perish wen d Christians do notin.

1 Like

Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by esxty(f): 11:20am On May 22, 2016
frubben:

Preach it and practice it abi or just preach it for d members to practice it
I don't knw if he practice it,just saying he do preach it.
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 11:41am On May 22, 2016
esxty:
I don't knw if he practice it,just saying he do preach it.
U don't even knw if u ur pastor( leader) practice it chai!!!!!
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by esxty(f): 12:19pm On May 22, 2016
frubben:

U don't even knw if u ur pastor( leader) practice it chai!!!!!
so I have to know?
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by Joagbaje(m): 8:57am On May 24, 2016
frubben:

Charities to only a selected place of dier own choice right. Dey do charities by building university dat the poor can't attend or secondary dat d poor can't attend. An example of charity is tabitha.

The church does more charities than government . churches go to hospitals ,motherless babies home, old people centre, prisons and the inner city,just to mention few. as i said , few who publicised such good deed were criticised
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 9:15am On May 24, 2016
Joagbaje:

The church does more charities than government . churches go to hospitals ,motherless babies home, old people centre, prisons and the inner city,just to mention few. as i said , few who publicised such good deed were criticised

What about does poor folks dats don't hav access to dis places, wat become of dem
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by Joagbaje(m): 11:26am On May 24, 2016
frubben:

What about does poor folks dats don't hav access to dis places, wat become of dem

you have your own role to play. reach out to them. just as the churches do what they can. we can't fold our hands and tell others what to do with their money
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 12:24pm On May 24, 2016
Joagbaje:

you have your own role to play. reach out to them. just as the churches do what they can. we can't fold our hands and tell others what to do with their money

Hw can we help dem wen d church has collected our coin through tithe, offerings, sowing and first fruit and I still hav to feed. Hw?
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by rawgame(m): 12:56pm On May 24, 2016
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by Joagbaje(m): 11:03pm On May 29, 2016
frubben:

Hw can we help dem wen d church has collected our coin through tithe, offerings, sowing and first fruit and I still hav to feed. Hw?

except your giving wasn't done rightly . if you give bible way . you will rather have more. stop seeing your giving as "church collected your money" if i give to worship God i should talk as if theres regret. such giving has no blessing
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by theEYe21(f): 11:14pm On May 29, 2016
There's more....

“Certainly you will understand what I am about to say, my brothers and sisters, because all of you know about law. The law rules over people only as long as they live. A married woman, for example, is bound by the law to her husband as long as he lives; but if he dies, then she is free from the law that bound her to him. So then, if she lives with another man while her husband is alive, she will be called an adulteress; but if her husband dies, she is legally a free woman and does not commit adultery if she marries another man. That is how it is with you, my sisters and brothers. As far as the Law is concerned, you also have died because you are part of the body of Christ; and now you belong to him who was raised from death in order that we might be useful in the service of God. For when we lived according to our human nature, the sinful desires stirred up by the Law were at work in our bodies, and all we did ended in death. Now, however, we are free from the Law, because we died to that which once held us prisoners. No longer do we serve in the old way of a written law, but in the new way of the Spirit. Shall we say, then, that the Law itself is sinful? Of course not! But it was the Law that made me know what sin is. If the Law had not said, “Do not desire what belongs to someone else,” I would not have known such a desire. But by means of that commandment sin found its chance to stir up all kinds of selfish desires in me. Apart from law, sin is a dead thing. I myself was once alive apart from law; but when the commandment came, sin sprang to life, and I died. And the commandment which was meant to bring life, in my case brought death. Sin found its chance, and by means of the commandment it deceived me and killed me. So then, the Law itself is holy, and the commandment is holy, right, and good. But does this mean that what is good caused my death? By no means! It was sin that did it; by using what is good, sin brought death to me, in order that its true nature as sin might be revealed. And so, by means of the commandment sin is shown to be even more terribly sinful. We know that the Law is spiritual; but I am unspiritual, sold as a slave to sin. I do not understand what I do; for I don't do what I would like to do, but instead I do what I hate. Since what I do is what I don't want to do, this shows that I agree that the Law is right. So I am not really the one who does this thing; rather it is the sin that lives in me. I know that good does not live in me — that is, in my human nature. For even though the desire to do good is in me, I am not able to do it. I don't do the good I want to do; instead, I do the evil that I do not want to do. If I do what I don't want to do, this means that I am no longer the one who does it; instead, it is the sin that lives in me. So I find that this law is at work: when I want to do what is good, what is evil is the only choice I have. My inner being delights in the law of God. But I see a different law at work in my body — a law that fights against the law which my mind approves of. It makes me a prisoner to the law of sin which is at work in my body. What an unhappy man I am! Who will rescue me from this body that is taking me to death? Thanks be to God, who does this through our Lord Jesus Christ! This, then, is my condition: on my own I can serve God's law only with my mind, while my human nature serves the law of sin.”
‭‭Romans‬ ‭7:1-25‬ ‭GNB‬‬
http://bible.us/296/rom.7.1-25.gnb
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 11:17pm On May 29, 2016
Joagbaje:

except your giving wasn't done rightly . if you give bible way . you will rather have more. stop seeing your giving as "church collected your money" if i give to worship God i should talk as if theres regret. such giving has no blessing

U don't get my statement, a lot of christian are being cajole day by day to give, dis people don't want to but because d pastor attach blessing to it den dey hav no option.
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by Joagbaje(m): 9:24am On May 30, 2016
frubben:

U don't get my statement, a lot of christian are being cajole day by day to give, dis people don't want to but because d pastor attach blessing to it den dey hav no option.

It's an ussumption. Nobody put a gun on this head to give . Everyone still have a choice .

Does everyone give ? If a pastor share on the benefit of receiving why would you call it cajole? Jesus shared the benefit giVing likewise apostle paul .were they cajoling the disciples also?
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 9:54am On May 30, 2016
Joagbaje:

It's an ussumption. Nobody put a gun on this head to give . Everyone still have a choice .

Does everyone give ? If a pastor share on the benefit of receiving why would you call it cajole? Jesus shared the benefit giVing likewise apostle paul .were they cajoling the disciples also?

To give to the poor nt to the church building, hw many pastor has told u to give ur tithe to the poor, jesus taugh his disciple to give to d poor nt to him. Why ours will tell us if we don't give to the course ( building d church) God will nt bless us dats cajoling
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by Joagbaje(m): 10:13am On May 30, 2016
frubben:

To give to the poor nt to the church building,

They should not build where they worship God ? He has pleasure in those who build his place of worship .

Haggai 1:7-9
Thus saith the Lord of hosts; Consider your ways.
Go up to the mountain, and bring wood, and build the house;
and I will take pleasure in it, and I will be glorified, saith the Lord.
Ye looked for much, and, lo, it came to little;
and when ye brought it home, I did blow upon it.
Why? saith the Lord of hosts.
Because of mine house that is waste,
and ye run every man unto his own house.

hw many pastor has told u to give ur tithe to the poor

Tithe is to God not to the poor. What God commands to the poor is alms.

jesus taugh his disciple to give to d poor nt to him.

Not true . There are different kinds of givings in a Gods kingdom. Alms to the poor is only one of them. Jesus talked about giving of offering ,tithes ,alms ,giving to God and giving to your parents ,giving to fello believer and giving to the man of God. Jesus himself received money . He had a treasurer .

Why ours will tell us if we don't give to the course ( building d church) God will nt bless us dats cajoling

It's an assumption. No pastor will say that. If we give for the poor we get the benefit that comes with it. If we give to man of Gid ,we get the blessing of the prophet . If we give to parents we live long . If we give tithes and offerings devourer is rebuked and more doors are open . If we give to build where we worship God . He will have pleasure in it and pour more blessing too
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 11:33am On May 30, 2016
Joagbaje:

They should not build where they worship God ? He has pleasure in those who build his place of worship .

Not true . There are different kinds of givings in a Gods kingdom. Alms to the poor is only one of them. Jesus talked about giving of offering ,tithes ,alms ,giving to God and giving to your parents ,giving to fello believer and giving to the man of God. Jesus himself received money . He had a treasurer .

It's an assumption. No pastor will say that. If we give for the poor we get the benefit that comes with it. If we give to man of Gid ,we get the blessing of the prophet . If we give to parents we live long . If we give tithes and offerings devourer is rebuked and more doors are open . If we give to build where we worship God . He will have pleasure in it and pour more blessing too

Summary of everytin u just said, they said wen did we c u and nt feed u, cloth u and help u and he said giving to d poor is same as giving to me. In d old testament God dwells in a building dats why its was called temple where people go and worship him dere, but now he is no longer in d temple but in us. A church is nt a place where u worship God, a church is a place where u learn hw to worship God, just lik school. So get ur fact right.
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by frubben(m): 11:34am On May 30, 2016
Joagbaje:

Summary of everytin u just said, they said wen did we c u and nt feed u, cloth u and help u and he said giving to d poor is same as giving to me. In d old testament God dwells in a building dats why its was called temple where people go and worship him dere, but now he is no longer in d temple but in us. A church is nt a place where u worship God, a church is a place where u learn hw to worship God, just lik school. So get ur fact right.

Lastly jesus told dem I will destroy d temple and rebuild it in 3 days. U knw d rest story. Giving my tithe to d poor and my first fruit to d poor is same as giving to God get dat

1 Like

Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by Joagbaje(m): 11:46am On May 30, 2016
frubben:

Summary of everytin u just said, they said wen did we c u and nt feed u, cloth u and help u and he said giving to d poor is same as giving to me

No really . There are different kinds of givings in Gods kingdom . We must do all. One doesn't replace the other.

In d old testament God dwells in a building dats why its was called temple where people go and worship him dere, but now he is no longer in d temple but in us.

God never dwelt in the temple in the Old Testament Or any house built by man.

A church is nt a place where u worship God, a church is a place where u learn hw to worship God,

What's the difference .

Giving my tithe to d poor and my first fruit to d poor is same as giving to God get dat

There is blessing for first fruit ,tithe has its blessing and alms for the poor has its blessing . If you give your tithe or offering to the poor . You've not given your tithe or offering at all . But you've only given alms to the poor . You will get the Blesing of alms to the poor but not the blessing of the others you didn't give . One giving does not take the place of the other . We must do all. That is what the bible says
Re: Scriptures Pastors Will Not Quote In Church by Nobody: 1:49pm On May 30, 2016
frubben:

1. Luke 14:12-14
He said also to the man who had invited him,
“When you give a dinner or a banquet, do not
invite your friends or your brothers or your
relatives or rich neighbors, lest they also
invite you in return and you be repaid. But
when you give a feast, invite the poor, the
crippled, the lame, the blind, and you will be
blessed, because they cannot repay you. For
you will be repaid at the resurrection of the
just.

2. Luke 12:33-34
Sell your possessions, and give to the needy.
Provide yourselves with moneybags that do
not grow old, with a treasure in the heavens
that does not fail, where no thief approaches
and no moth destroys. For where your
treasure is, there will your heart be also.

3. Isaiah 58:10
If you pour yourself out for the hungry and
satisfy the desire of the afflicted, then shall
your light rise in the darkness and your gloom
be as the noonday.

4. Galatians 2:10 “Only, they asked us to
remember the poor, the very thing I was
eager to do.”

5. Proverbs 19:17
Whoever is generous to the poor lends to the
LORD, and he will repay him for his deed.

They won't quote these scriptures because it will impede the flow of cash into their mansions and private jet account

(1) (2) (Reply)

Shiloh 2016 Update – You Can Watch Shiloh 2016 From The Shiloh Ground. / The Suicide Of Yahweh / Internet On Fire As Apst Suleman Asks FG To Allow Him Go To Isolation Centers

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 105
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.