Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,429 members, 7,812,270 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:58 AM

The Unbelievable Things OAU Medical Students Saw During An Outreach (Photos) - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / The Unbelievable Things OAU Medical Students Saw During An Outreach (Photos) (2652 Views)

The Unbelievable Effect Of COLA On Our System / Fibroid Removed From A Woman In Imo During Free Medical Outreach (Photos) / Scam: "I Lost Like 13 Pounds By Taking These Natural Dr. Oz Drops I Saw On CNN" (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

The Unbelievable Things OAU Medical Students Saw During An Outreach (Photos) by DonLo: 11:29pm On May 21, 2016
Life is not in its abundance but in the lives touched by our actions. This philosophy guides Obafemi Awolowo University Medical students which saw them mark the 2016 World Hypertension day in an unusual way. The budding medics spent their day creating awareness and screening market men and women in the biggest market in Ile-Ife, Osun State called Oja Titun. Over 150 people were screened for hypertension and diabetes mellitus while also providing necessarily referral to Obafemi Awolowo Teaching Hospitals Complex where neccessary. And all these were done without a charge.

The experience today further goes on to reiterate the need for routine medical check up, at least blood pressure. A 600 level medical student while discussing with KuduCancer was quoted to have said 'If I'm permitted to use this term 'walking corpses', I'll say we saw a lot of them today. We saw a lot of people with blood pressure of over 140/90mmHg who had no prior knowledge of being hypertensive. In fact, a particular woman got me shocked when her blood pressure measurement read 170/110mmHg. Unfortunately she wasn't aware and she goes about her daily routine as if nothing is wrong. We would have taken her to the hospital but the knowledge of the NLC strike action affecting paramedics within the hospital left us with no option. One wonders why those providing essential services such as healthcare should go on strike.'

This is a further reminder for us all to check our Blood Pressure as the World marks another World Hypertension Day this week. Be sure you are not a walking corpse by checking your blood pressure. Kudos to the OAU medical students for this life touching outreach.

http://kuducancer.com/2016/05/21/the-unbelievable-things-oau-medical-students-saw-during-an-outreach/

1 Like

Re: The Unbelievable Things OAU Medical Students Saw During An Outreach (Photos) by Nobody: 11:38pm On May 21, 2016
It comes with sense of fulfillment to have participated in this. Thanks to the Ifumsa president, IHAC chairman, other excos and every medical student that helped in making the event a successful one.
Re: The Unbelievable Things OAU Medical Students Saw During An Outreach (Photos) by DonLo: 11:44pm On May 21, 2016
kennylawal:
It comes with sense of fulfillment to have participated in this. Thanks to the Ifumsa president, IHAC chairman, other excos and every medical student that helped in making the event a successful one.

So you follow join. Where you dey for the picture so we can then change the title to 'A nairalander on a medical outreach in Ile-Ife'. This your comment don blow your cover o. Runs to check your profile pics. Coming back to identify.

Expect DM from nairaland girls wey been dey crush on medical students o grin
Re: The Unbelievable Things OAU Medical Students Saw During An Outreach (Photos) by excell12go(m): 8:09am On May 22, 2016
DonLo:
Life is not in its abundance but in the lives touched by our actions. This philosophy guides Obafemi Awolowo University Medical students which saw them mark the 2016 World Hypertension day in an unusual way. The budding medics spent their day creating awareness and screening market men and women in the biggest market in Ile-Ife, Osun State called Oja Titun. Over 150 people were screened for hypertension and diabetes mellitus while also providing necessarily referral to Obafemi Awolowo Teaching Hospitals Complex where neccessary. And all these were done without a charge.
The experience today further goes on to reiterate the need for routine medical check up, at least blood pressure. A 600 level medical student while discussing with KuduCancer was quoted to have said 'If I'm permitted to use this term 'walking corpses', I'll say we saw a lot of them today. We saw a lot of people with blood pressure of over 140/90mmHg who had no prior knowledge of being hypertensive. In fact, a particular woman got me shocked when her blood pressure measurement read 170/110mmHg. Unfortunately she wasn't aware and she goes about her daily routine as if nothing is wrong. We would have taken her to the hospital but the knowledge of the NLC strike action affecting paramedics within the hospital left us with no option. One wonders why those providing essential services such as healthcare should go on strike.'
This is a further reminder for us all to check our Blood Pressure as the World marks another World Hypertension Day this week. Be sure you are not a walking corpse by checking your blood pressure. Kudos to the OAU medical students for this life touching outreach.
http://kuducancer.com/2016/05/21/the-unbelievable-things-oau-medical-students-saw-during-an-outreach/

A wonderful Outreach.... Kudos to the ever selfless IHAC (IFUMSA HEALTH AWARENESS CLUB). To everyone who made this possible, I say more power to ur elbow. To our IHAC former and serving ogas at d top, God bless una wella grin
Re: The Unbelievable Things OAU Medical Students Saw During An Outreach (Photos) by 0gbeni(m): 8:58pm On May 22, 2016
great job! smiley
Re: The Unbelievable Things OAU Medical Students Saw During An Outreach (Photos) by Abatvic(m): 12:05am On May 23, 2016
great work.....proud to be part of......
Re: The Unbelievable Things OAU Medical Students Saw During An Outreach (Photos) by igboran(m): 2:50pm On May 25, 2016
It was really a fulfilled day for all of us that participated and for the market men and women that were the beneficiaries.

We @ IHAC are serving humanity, and also making the most of our moments on this side of the planet!

(1) (Reply)

This Snake Just Bite My Sister Today. What Should We Do? It's Urgent / How To Get Rid Of Face Fat Fast And Naturally / Gggf Healthcare Aba Treats Children's Sickness Okpo, Apafor, Nta, Nkuwaisi, Nra,

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.