Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,753 members, 7,820,606 topics. Date: Tuesday, 07 May 2024 at 06:00 PM

3 Surest Ways To Get Food At Any Yoruba Wedding - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / 3 Surest Ways To Get Food At Any Yoruba Wedding (450 Views)

Camp Gas, Suitcases Shared As Souvenirs At A Yoruba Wedding (Photos) / Beautiful Yoruba Wedding Pictures That Will Leave You Appreciating. / How To Get Food At A Nigerian Wedding (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

3 Surest Ways To Get Food At Any Yoruba Wedding by cbrass(m): 12:13am On May 22, 2016
There are only 3 sure and proven ways to get food at any yoruba wedding, even if you don't have an I.V or don't even know the couples you will still get served if you can religiously stick to these 3 rules.

It worked for me In my days at the university grin

1.Put on Native

Never In your wildest imaginations should you wear suit or any form of English wear to a Yoruba wedding , just know that rather than being served you will be the server grin.in fact I had really embarrassing moment at a wedding reception a time like that, the woman just signaled to me to pick up the drinks and share it angry

2.Seat at the bride's family section

When you enter the reception hall before the ushers ask you who invited you just burst into some serious laughter or feign a big smile and quickly say Iyawo wa da? (Where is our wife?) but if by chance you forgot to ask make sure you tell the ushers that Its the wife that invited you even if the groom is your bossom friend deny him, afteral Peter denied Jesus too.

3.discuss with the people at the table

This part may not really be necessary but in other to be on the safe side join in the discussion at the table even if what they are discussing about is as boring as hell pretend to be interested.

N.B this tips is only recommended for Yoruba weddings, intense caution should be taken should you want to apply these tips at non Yoruba weddings

Courtesy Mimzy Miss Nairaland

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: 3 Surest Ways To Get Food At Any Yoruba Wedding by Nobody: 1:02am On May 22, 2016
So so true !!! I learnt the hard way !!!

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Surest Ways To Get Food At Any Yoruba Wedding by cbrass(m): 1:54am On May 22, 2016
1acre:
So so true !!! I learnt the hard way !!!

Lol wink

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Order For Your Wine At Cheaper Rate / Legacy Entertainment Present #balloutpoolparty With Joe El / United States Free Publishing Seminar

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.