Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,747 members, 7,817,063 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 02:35 AM

Beware: Whatsapp Gold Edition Is Fake!!!!!!! - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Beware: Whatsapp Gold Edition Is Fake!!!!!!! (1764 Views)

Absolutely Do Not Download Whatsapp Gold / Whatsapp Gold! / The New Whatsapp Gold: Reasons You Shouldn’t Upgrade So Soon (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Beware: Whatsapp Gold Edition Is Fake!!!!!!! by engineerboat(m): 9:16am On May 22, 2016
Recently, I have noticed so many scam messages are being spread through WhatsApp.
The following message is one of them
"Hey Finally Secret Whatsapp golden version has been leaked, This version is used only by big celebrities.Now we can use it too ,Whatsapp Gold Contains many advanced features like Whatsapp Video calling , Delete the messages you sent by mistake , Send more than 100 pics at once ,Free calling ,Change whatsapp themes and tons of great features.This whatsapp gold can be activated only Via Invites and I am inviting you.
Once you activate this whatsapp gold , your green icon will change to gold and you can enjoy all features 100% safely.
Activate whatsapp Gold with one click at https://www.goldenversion.com/"

Please BEWARE. ....

Don't click that link .

www.goldenversion.com is a scam?

In the above message, the scammers provide a link (www.goldenversion.com),

I have checked the website and found that, its merely a scam.

How does this scam people

The website offers you a Golden Version of WhatsApp. But if you follow the given link from your phone (you can't see the website using your computer's web browser), for the very first you will be asked to invite your friends before you will get the download link. After you finish inviting your friend, you will be asked to download another application or to complete a Survey. Finally, unfortunately you will never get the offered WhatsApp Gold.

Here, when you finish a survey, or when you download an application from their website, the Scammers earn money from promoting any 3rd party Applications and displaying Advertisements, also they earn a good money on making us doing survey for 3rd party companies.

In conclusion, they make money using us, and they won't give anything us as they offered. Pls don't be trapped in such fake messages.

Re: Beware: Whatsapp Gold Edition Is Fake!!!!!!! by joespiceman(m): 9:19am On May 22, 2016
Tnks for the tips
Re: Beware: Whatsapp Gold Edition Is Fake!!!!!!! by engineerboat(m): 9:24am On May 22, 2016
joespiceman:
Tnks for the tips

UAW
Re: Beware: Whatsapp Gold Edition Is Fake!!!!!!! by engineerboat(m): 9:26am On May 22, 2016
Whatsapp will never send such message please BEWARE.

It's all fake and HOAX!!!!!! and hackers ploy

Re: Beware: Whatsapp Gold Edition Is Fake!!!!!!! by lifezone247(m): 9:27am On May 22, 2016
The download is fake and scam, but the hustle is real.

1 Like

Re: Beware: Whatsapp Gold Edition Is Fake!!!!!!! by nnadychuks(m): 9:45am On May 22, 2016
Op,the way you were saying it, I thought the fault was from mark zuckerberg
Re: Beware: Whatsapp Gold Edition Is Fake!!!!!!! by engineerboat(m): 10:21am On May 22, 2016
nnadychuks:
Op,the way you were saying it, I thought the fault was from mark zuckerberg

This has nothing to do with the original and real whatssap.
Re: Beware: Whatsapp Gold Edition Is Fake!!!!!!! by kingDELE(m): 12:39pm On May 22, 2016
Der Dad

(1) (Reply)

Motorola Moto G5S & Moto G5 Plus Price In Nigeria (jumia & Slot) / I Am Colourful And Affordable / More Premium Xiaomi Mi Mix 2 With 8GB RAM, All Ceramic White Body Coming Soon

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 20
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.