Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,152,741 members, 7,817,047 topics. Date: Saturday, 04 May 2024 at 12:51 AM

Do We Still Need Another Im/chat And Video Call App ? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Do We Still Need Another Im/chat And Video Call App ? (839 Views)

Finally! Video Call Feature Is Now Official On Whatsapp For Everyone / How To Use "Google Duo" Video Call App / Free Call App To Anyone In The World. (android Phone Only) (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Do We Still Need Another Im/chat And Video Call App ? by talktimi(m): 10:36am On May 22, 2016
If we announce that Google is preparing to launch two messaging apps, Allo and Duo. How many of us would be interested to install or use any of them? Chances are that even after installing, it fades from our memories after a day or two of use.
The two apps in question:
Allo is a chatting/IM app, claimed to be smart enough to reply your messages. It also features a Google assistant, helping users find information, and get things done.
Duo is a video chat app – claimed to be optimized “to work well even on spotty networks”. It also seamlessly transits between cellular and Wi-Fi use, while also offering secure end-to-end encryption.
Aren’t we already tired of trying yet another chatting app? For most of us here, we can attest to having nothing less than 5 accounts or more, scattered among several (similar) apps. Let me try recall mine: I have an account with KingsChat, imo, Viber, Skype, Qeep, 2go, Badoo, Twitter, Facebook, Instagram ,BBM, WhatsApp, and many others I can’t recount – Snapchat & Pin Interest still beckons.
Do we need yet another chatting app? Is a new chatting app, what would solve the world’s current problems? This looks more like a shot from Google to copy strategy from Facebook Messenger. Having a bite of the chatting app market – a sector where they don’t have a strong foothold yet.
Google should rather find a way of unifying the scattered messaging platforms they already have, rather than this Allo & Duo joke. Personally, I’m not moved to install and try these apps except for review purposes. Do you think these new apps are a waste of time & resources? Your thoughts.
Re: Do We Still Need Another Im/chat And Video Call App ? by talktimi(m): 10:40am On May 22, 2016
Re: Do We Still Need Another Im/chat And Video Call App ? by DabuIIIT: 8:50pm On Nov 19, 2016
talktimi:
http://mobilityarena.com/?p=63227
u called somebody mumu zombie on the cow accident @ aba thread...modify apap..dem go report and get u banned. Dont giv 'dem' chance,oya..

(1) (Reply)

Jumia Mobile Week 2016 Reloaded / Any Custom ROM For Innjoo I2s / Tecno Camon C9 and Infinix Hot S Now Live On Jumia

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 9
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.