Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,619 members, 7,827,318 topics. Date: Tuesday, 14 May 2024 at 10:31 AM

Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres - Celebrities - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Celebrities / Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres (1391 Views)

Happy 57th Birthday To Ellen Degeneres / Is This Really Ellen Degeneres Without Make Up?? / Ellen Degeneres' Turns 55! (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by Godmother(f): 5:43pm On Aug 19, 2009
Guys, this might be old news, but I just stumbled across it and I couldnt believe my eyes

[b]DeGeneres was in a relationship (1997-2000) with former Another World actress Anne Heche who went on to marry cameraman Coley Laffoon.[19] From 2001 to 2004, DeGeneres and actress/director/photographer Alexandra Hedison were in a relationship. They appeared on the cover of The Advocate after their separation had already been announced to the media.[20]

Since 2004, DeGeneres has been in a relationship with former Ally McBeal and Arrested Development star Portia de Rossi. After the overturn of the same-sex marriage ban in California, DeGeneres announced on a May 2008 show that she and de Rossi were engaged,[21][22] and gave de Rossi a three-carat pink diamond ring.[23] They were married on August 16, 2008 at their home, with 19 guests including their respective mothers.[23] The passage of Proposition 8[24] cast doubt on the legal status of their marriage [25] but a subsequent Supreme Court judgement validated it because it occurred before 4 November 2008.

They live in Beverly Hills, with three dogs and four cats,[26] and both are vegan.[27]

In her book, Love, Ellen, DeGeneres' mother, Betty DeGeneres, describes being initially shocked when her daughter came out as a lesbian, but has become one of her strongest supporters, an active member of PFLAG and spokesperson for the Human Rights Campaign's Coming Out Project. DeGeneres' mother is a breast cancer survivor.

In 2007, Forbes estimated DeGeneres' net worth as US$65 million.[28]
[/b]
http://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Ellen_DeGeneres

Its so surprising that someone as important as her would be into lesbianism (that's my opinion). I was shocked beyound belief
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by untainted: 6:21pm On Aug 19, 2009
Godmother:

They live in Beverly Hills, with three dogs and four cats,[26] and both are vegan.[27]

Its so surprising that someone as[b] important [/b] as her would be into lesbianism (that's my opinion). I was shocked beyound belief
boy, what has importance got to do with sexual orientation?
phew!
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by Nobody: 6:23pm On Aug 19, 2009
how is she important?
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by Outstrip(f): 7:18pm On Aug 19, 2009
Is it really news that Ellen is gay?
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by chiogo(f): 10:48pm On Aug 19, 2009
I don't know anything about Ellen other than the fact that she's gay and has a TV show, which I don't watch. lol
@Godmother, her being gay is old news na.
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by mamagee6(f): 11:56pm On Aug 19, 2009
I don't see anything in her.
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by Godmother(f): 7:50pm On Aug 23, 2009
She has one of the hottest sitcoms next to the Jerry Spronger show and well, her being important come from the fact that she's a celeb undecided undecided
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by olagboye(m): 8:05pm On Aug 23, 2009
hey godmother, just looked at ur profile and saw ur email(hope u dont mind) can i chat with u?
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by mbulela: 8:46am On Aug 24, 2009
i love Ellen's show.
She is living her life and i am living mine.
no problems.
i hold my view about lesbianism but it is her life,so it does not matter.
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by Atreus(f): 10:02am On Aug 24, 2009
The woman disgusts me. Sometimes i feel like we should pack all the gay people in this world and dump them on some island in the middle of nowhere. That way they'll go extinct.
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by Outstrip(f): 5:29pm On Aug 24, 2009
You can always move to that island that way you will not have to deal with gay people
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by Godmother(f): 6:32pm On Aug 24, 2009
Outstrip:

You can always move to that island that way you will not have to deal with gay people

LMAO

Atreus:

The woman disgusts me. Sometimes i feel like we should pack all the gay people in this world and dump them on some island in the middle of nowhere. That way they'll go extinct.

Her lifestyle is questionable but I like the lady. She is living hervlife and she is so real. Her show is DA BOMB!

olagboye:

hey godmother, just looked at your profile and saw your email(hope u dont mind) can i chat with u?

Sure, why not
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by Atreus(f): 4:42pm On Aug 25, 2009
@outstrip,sure! As long as you'll move with me.
@godmother,i dont watch her show because she's gay so i wouldnt know whether it's the bomb or not.
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by bawomolo(m): 11:49pm On Aug 25, 2009
you didn't know she was a carpet muncher?
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by Atreus(f): 7:04am On Aug 26, 2009
Carpet muncher? That's a new one.
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by Godmother(f): 11:21am On Aug 26, 2009
Atreus:

@godmother,i dont watch her show because she's gay so i wouldnt know whether it's the bomb or not.

Well, each with his own
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by prinzx(m): 1:24pm On Sep 04, 2009
Outstrip:

Is it really news that Ellen is gay?
hello , can a woman be refered to as GAY ?
Re: Gay Marriages- Ellen Degeneres by bawomolo(m): 5:27am On Sep 05, 2009
Gay seems to be a generic term for homosexuals now.

lesbian or "dyke" would fit for women.

(1) (Reply)

Teddy Riley's 18 Year Old Daughter Obtains Restraining Order Against Him. / What Do You Think About This Celebrity? / Star Actress, Sikiratu Sindodo Sets To Return To Acting

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 19
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.