Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,156,783 members, 7,831,526 topics. Date: Friday, 17 May 2024 at 08:14 PM

[ROOTUSER] Systemless Root - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / [ROOTUSER] Systemless Root (1007 Views)

5 Reasons You Should Not Root Your Android Phone / I Can't Root My TECNO Wx3 Lte...can You Help? / How To Root Gionee M6 And Install TWRP (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

[ROOTUSER] Systemless Root by badbros(m): 11:14am On May 22, 2016
Getting root access on Android deves isn’t a new concept, but the way it is done has changed with Android 6.0 Marshmallow and N.

“If you're reading this am guessing you already have an idea of root access ”

What is systemless root?
Since Android 4.3 and earlier root access was gained by modifying files found on Android’s /system partition, but later on lollipop Google beefed up security and a systemless root method was introduced without modifying the Android's /system partition whereby a modified boot image was used to gain access “systemless”.

Although, a way to gain root access the traditional way on Lollipop was later found, but Google Security was then strengthen on Marshmallow making it impossible to gain access the usual way.

Advantage and disadvantage of systemless root

wink It's much easier to accept over-the-air (OTA) updates when you’re rooted using this method.
Using flashfire , one can install OTA updates and ROM files, automatically adding SuperSU while doing so

cheesy It Leaves no trace of root after successful unroot, very clean huh? For those that'll want to sell their device without root access.

undecided Unfortunately, it can't survive a factory reset, well, that's why it's called systemless root.

lipsrsealed Oh and also, systemless root can't work if you have a locked bootloader by default, but one can totally unlock it with the right guide.

Systemless root can still be used to gain root access traditionally on 4.1 and earlier, it decides which root method to use. When you flash SuperSU, it will decide which rooting method is best for your phone, and act accordingly.

If it’s running lollipop or newer (not all versions of L) , it will modify your boot image instead, giving you a systemless root.

Download

Re: [ROOTUSER] Systemless Root by uwuana: 3:52pm On May 23, 2016
pls how can I root my tecno w4 without pc
Re: [ROOTUSER] Systemless Root by Micnad: 6:01pm On May 23, 2016
He just explained that to you.

(1) (Reply)

Samsung Galaxy J7 Discussion Dread :come In / Facebook Added Hausa Language To Their User Language / Infinix Hot 2 Vs The Tecno L5 Comparison (after The Buzz)

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.