Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,875 members, 7,828,115 topics. Date: Wednesday, 15 May 2024 at 01:22 AM

Happy Holy Trinity - Religion - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Religion / Happy Holy Trinity (371 Views)

Church Of England’s Synod May Abolish Holy Trinity To Include Muslims / Closing Of The Door Of Mercy @the Basilica Of Holy Trinity Onitsha Nigeria. / The Most Holy Trinity: An Expose. (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Happy Holy Trinity by kio052001(m): 4:54pm On May 22, 2016
Today is mark as a day to celebrate the Holy Trinity by the Church. The Holy Trinity is no other than the three persons in one and as you know the word itself "TRINITY" means three.
Talking about the Holy Trinity, is talking about God the Father, God the Son and God the Holy Spirit but many do not know or have been asked to explain how the Holy Trinity came about since it is not mentioned in the Bible and they become dumbfounded while some will shy away from the question as they can't explain their existence.
At today's Mass, the Rev. Father explained a lot and I digested it fully because I now understand, so am here to share with you what I learnt.
In the Book of John 3:16-18, you'll feel the presence of God the Son
16 For God so loved the world that he gave his only-begotten Son, so that all who believe in him may not perish, but may have eternal life.
17 For God did not send his Son into the world, in order to judge the world, but in order that the world may be saved through him.
18 Whoever believes in him is not judged. But whoever does not believe is already judged, because he does not believe in the name of the only-begotten Son of God.
From the above, you can see God talking about 'His only-begotten Son' and from that you can see the existence of God the Son.
You can also read 1John 5:9-13, John 3:34 which says "For he whom God has sent speaks the words of God. For God does not give the Spirit by measure." here John the Baptist was talking about God the Son too but indirectly you'll notice the presence of God the Father and the Holy Spirit as well if you read the verse very carefully
in the Book John 14:6-13 you will feel the presence of God the Father
6 Jesus said to him: "I am the Way, and the Truth, and the Life. No one comes to the Father, except through me.
7 If you had known me, certainly you would also have known my Father. And from now on, you shall know him, and you have seen him."
8 Philip said to him, "Lord, reveal the Father to us, and it is enough for us."
9 Jesus said to him: "Have I been with you for so long, and you have not known me? Philip, whoever sees me, also sees the Father. How can you say, Reveal the Father to us?
10 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me? The words that I am speaking to you, I do not speak from myself. But the Father abiding in me, he does these works.
11 Do you not believe that I am in the Father and the Father is in me?
12 Or else, believe because of these same works. Amen, amen, I say to you, whoever believes in me shall also do the works that I do. And greater things than these shall he do, for I go to the Father.
13 And whatever you shall ask the Father in my name, that I will do, so that the Father may be glorified in the Son.
From the above you can hear Jesus Christ (God the Son) talking about His Father (God the Father) V 7 explains further how both are linked while V 13 shows how both work together.
In these Books of the Holy Bible, you'll find and understand about the Holy Spirit
1 Corinthians 6:19, 12:3
2 Corinthians 6:6, 13:13
Ephesians 4:30, 5:18
1 Thessalonians 4:8
Hebrew 2:4, 3:7, 9:14
In the Book of Genesis 1:26 Holy Trinity
26 And he said: "Let us make Man to our image and likeness. And let him rule over the fish of the sea, and the flying creatures of the air, and the wild beasts, and the entire earth, and every animal that moves on the earth."
when you read carefully you will notice God the Father made use of the words 'us' and 'our' meaning the three have been present from the beginning of it all
you can also read Matthew 28:19, Luke 10:21-22, John 14:26 for more clarification
Re: Happy Holy Trinity by Nobody: 5:36pm On May 22, 2016
smiley

#ProudlyaCatholic#

2 Likes

(1) (Reply)

Kangaroos And Emus / It Is Forever. / Subduing The Flesh

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.