Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,185 members, 7,818,597 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 07:31 PM

3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] (1749 Views)

8 Ways To Raise Capital For Business In Nigeria / What To Do If Your Creditor Resorts To Self-help Or Chases You With The Police / Entrepreneurship Vs Self-employment - Knw The Differences (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] by hamziwhiz(m): 2:59am On May 23, 2016
It is no longer news that the level of unemployment has grown at an alarming rate in the past few years. It is reported that there are currently 8 million unemployed persons in Nigeria.

While the majority of unemployed people are carrying placards in a bid to compel the government to intervene, several others are simply applying for every job opening they can find under the sun. However, a select few who are armed with the right knowledge have gainfully employed themselves.

Whether you are currently unemployed or looking to step out on your own, this article will empower you with the basic knowledge you need to become self employed.

Self-employment refers to the act of generating one's income directly from servicing the needs of customers rather than being an employee who receives a fixed salary.

The amount of money a self employed person receives is limited by the value and demand of the needs he has chosen to meet, his skill in meeting that need and the amount of customers he can serve per time.

So what are the three basic steps to self employment?

1. Learn a Skill

Learning a skill is the first step to becoming self employed.
Skill is required in solving problems.

Whether it is a web design skill, selling skill, braiding of hair, tailoring, writing, talking or whatever skill is required in your line of endeavor, learning is the first thing you need to do if you desire to become self employed.

However, don't get stuck here. Many people keep learning without ever putting to use what they're learning about.

2. Do it

When you've started learning the skill required for the course you've take on your journey to self employment, the next thing to do is to start doing it.

This is the stage where you put to practice the things you've already started to learn in a safe environment. There are people around you with needs your skill can solve problems for and will gladly have you help them out for free. Find them.

The goal at this point is not to make money but to practice the things you've learnt and have a feel of what it means to be working on the job path you have chosen for yourself.

Well, you obviously shouldn't get stuck here else you'll be broke and keep getting a bunch of 'thank you' for all your effort. (That doesn't put food on the table, does it?)

3. Sell it

The next stage on the journey to self employment is when you begin to exchange your services for a fee - that's what selling is about.

If you've followed first and second stage diligently, the value of your work would have increased dramatically and you would have an idea of what price you would be comfortable with charging for your services.

This is the point where you'll go out to find the people who are require your services and offer it to them for a fee.

The three steps outlined here is the basic framework you can start to implement right away and begin your journey to self employment without hassles.

And please don't complicate it.

However, there are several questions you might need to answer at each of the stages for you to be successful, like "what do I learn?", "where and how can I learn it?", "how exactly do I sell it?" "when should I start selling it?" and several others.

I have a closed Facebook group called "Kingdom Business Classroom" where I share wealth creation, management & multiplication tips and strategies to help you master the subject of money. We're currently taking a five part series on how to generate business ideas. Click the link below to join that group for free.

https://web./1725319924376492/

Now that you know the practical steps to self employment, go and apply them.

Remember your financial destiny is in your hands, take it seriously.

#TakeCharge of #YourFinancialDestiny

If this article has added value to you, ensure you share it with your friends on Facebook so that someone else can get value from it too.

Thank you.

MH Gideon

Click on the link below to get FREE ACCESS to Kingdom Business Classroom and join us for a series on generating business ideas as well as other insightful lessons to help you take charge of your financial destiny.

1 Like 1 Share

Re: 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] by hamziwhiz(m): 11:14pm On May 23, 2016
I'm available to give practical advise to anyone who needs it.
Re: 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] by SlimHan(f): 12:00am On May 24, 2016
Thanks op but don't you think money is still needed to learn the skill and even acquire equipments? Pls give practical advise on that. Anyways, I major in making small chops for events. Check my signature for more details.

1 Like

Re: 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] by hamziwhiz(m): 1:10pm On May 24, 2016
SlimHan:
Thanks op but don't you think money is still needed to learn the skill and even acquire equipments?

Thank you for that question @SlimHan.

Yes, there are times when money is needed like you rightly mentioned (in purchasing equipments) but that's not on every occasion and depend largely on what you choose to learn or start out with.

There're are things you can do that you already have the equipment necessary to do. And then if you're at the second stage, you could even have people buy your equipments for you FREE! Each of those stages has specific skills you can use to get the best of them, that's why it's important to follow the process.

Thank you.

I started a 5 part series today on how to generate business ideas without struggle. Click on the link below to get FREE ACCESS to a closed facebook group where I share weekly weekly wealth creation and management principles to help you take charge of your financial destiny;

Re: 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] by hamziwhiz(m): 11:07pm On May 24, 2016
Re: 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] by hamziwhiz(m): 10:39am On May 25, 2016
Re: 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] by hamziwhiz(m): 12:16pm On May 26, 2016
I'm available to answer any questions you might have on this subject.

Also, remember to claim your FREE ACCESS to a closed facebook group - Kingdom Business Classroom where you can get weekly wealth creation and management tips & strategies to help you take charge of your financial destiny;

Re: 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] by ireneony(f): 12:26pm On May 26, 2016
Nice one op
Re: 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] by hamziwhiz(m): 8:45am On May 27, 2016
ireneony:
Nice one op

Thank you @Ireneony

I'm available to answer any questions you might have on this subject if you have any.

Also, if you haven't claimed your FREE ACCESS to a closed facebook group - Kingdom Business Classroom where you can get weekly wealth creation and management tips & strategies to help you take charge of your financial destiny, do so by clicking the link below.

Thank you again.
Re: 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] by Nobody: 9:26am On May 30, 2016
Nice post
Re: 3 Practical Steps To Self-employment [You Don't Require Capital For This] by hamziwhiz(m): 4:28pm On May 30, 2016
kenkenn:
Nice post

Thank you.

I'm available to answer any questions you might have on this subject if you have any.

Also, if you haven't claimed your FREE ACCESS to a closed facebook group - Kingdom Business Classroom where you can get weekly wealth creation and management tips & strategies to help you take charge of your financial destiny, do so by clicking the link below.

Thank you again.

(1) (Reply)

A Ladies' Footwear Business You Can Start In Lagos With Just 24K / Diamondtech Ventures Sells Data & Monthly Airtime Bundle At An Affordable Price / Pineapple In Large Quantity Available

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 32
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.