Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,014 members, 7,825,184 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 08:33 AM

Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? - Phones (19) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? (581343 Views)

Six Months After: Is The Iphone X Overpriced Or Worth It? / More Options For Nigerians As Matrix Set To Launch Pre-owned Devices (photos) / Etisalat Introduces Timely Based Data Plans For Unlimited Browsing And Streaming (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (272) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:30pm On Sep 19, 2016
alt3r3g0:

I agree with you. Even Mobdro wont work without a vpn and even then it still buffers. Twitch.tv also buffers while with etisalat that's not as fast streams without issues.

Exactly. On MTN's good day I watch mobdro with ease with speed at around 10-13mbps. But on ntel even at 30mbps Na wahala. I don't just understand this network. Now for the last 4 days their speed had been shyte
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 9:56am On Sep 20, 2016
greenhulk:

Exactly. On MTN's good day I watch mobdro with ease with speed at around 10-13mbps. But on ntel even at 30mbps Na wahala. I don't just understand this network. Now for the last 4 days their speed had been shyte

Their speed is back now. But mobdro no longer works again without a vpn. Seems this downtime was to kill streaming.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 10:15am On Sep 20, 2016
alt3r3g0:

Their speed is back now. But mobdro no longer works again without a vpn. Seems this downtime was to kill streaming.

So what good is unlimited LTE if they throttle on streaming. It's not every time we download, I love streaming stuff. Even their fast network cannot connect to PSN on Ps4 so online gaming is a no go area. I still have to revert back to Spectranet to use my Ps4.

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by alt3r3g0: 10:50am On Sep 20, 2016
greenhulk:

So what good is unlimited LTE if they throttle on streaming. It's not every time we download, I love streaming stuff. Even their fast network cannot connect to PSN on Ps4 so online gaming is a no go area. I still have to revert back to Spectranet to use my Ps4.

True that, went back to swift as well.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by CLASSMAN: 11:46am On Sep 20, 2016
My own no get network since yestarday, but seriously if they cut off streaming then small dumping them
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LiamMarshall(m): 11:45pm On Sep 20, 2016
the sim can be gotten for 1,000 naira right?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 7:56am On Sep 21, 2016
LiamMarshall:
the sim can be gotten for 1,000 naira right?

The sim is free, u just pay for a bundle; the least being 1000naira for 2 days
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by crestweon(m): 12:58pm On Sep 22, 2016
alt3r3g0:

True that, went back to swift as well.

I can't log into my PSN
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by freshcvvs: 2:52pm On Sep 22, 2016
Can this sim work with Sony Z1 LTE?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 3:04pm On Sep 22, 2016
crestweon:

I can't log into my PSN

Ntel sim generally can't log into psn. Even if u try to log in by chance it gives type 3 NAT which is not good for online gaming. I usually use Spectranet with Ps4, even though Thebes's speed is not as fast as Ntel it gives type 2 NAT which is very god for online gaming.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LiamMarshall(m): 2:16am On Sep 23, 2016
download is slow with idm not more than 50kb/s, works well on torrents, how do i speed idm downloads up
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 7:35am On Sep 23, 2016
LiamMarshall:
download is slow with idm not more than 50kb/s, works well on torrents, how do i speed idm downloads up
Contact them, they will fix it. That's what they have been doing.

greenhulk:

Ntel sim generally can't log into psn. Even if u try to log in by chance it gives type 3 NAT which is not good for online gaming. I usually use Spectranet with Ps4, even though Thebes's speed is not as fast as Ntel it gives type 2 NAT which is very god for online gaming.
They fixed that issue a while back. PSN works now.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by iamdutch: 8:39am On Sep 23, 2016
Are you serious about the PSN issue? Getting a ps4 soon and I use ntel
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 10:20am On Sep 23, 2016
iamdutch:
Are you serious about the PSN issue? Getting a ps4 soon and I use ntel

It didn't use to work, it started working. I don't know about today, right now. However, early this month. I logged into PSN using Ntel.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 11:35am On Sep 23, 2016
Stanley08:

It didn't use to work, it started working. I don't know about today, right now. However, early this month. I logged into PSN using Ntel.

It connects to internet on ps4 but signing in to PSN is the issue. Most of the times it doesn't sign in to PSN and when it does it comes with NAT type 3 which makes playing online games difficult especially FIFA ultimate team.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ntel21092016: 3:25pm On Sep 23, 2016
For all interested ntel users.

On 22 Sept. 2016.
I sent the email below.
This is what getting an extra line on Ntel caused me in the last 36hours.
image1.JPG
Many thanks to you guys.

2 devices from Ntel both indicating no network.

My house is next to your mass yet no network.

Your customer care says my line is active at the time of taking the pictures above.

How does that make up to be the best network?

Be sure this message is going viral in by 12noon on Friday if the network are still on red.

By 1pm, I will be back at ikoyi for a refund.

I hope this is very clear.

Thanks for doing great business with me.

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ntel21092016: 3:33pm On Sep 23, 2016
It is 3:25pm
Today, I have been at the Ntel office since 1pm as mentioned in my last post.

The manager (kingsway) branch and customer service assistant don't know what they are to do after a lot of trail and error to get the line working.

As a gentleman, I have been quite polite in my approach to get a refund OR get a new line but it seems this is hard to do for both the manager (fideusi) and the customer assistant (Mariam).

The "Tech" guy I saw is a joke. I don't know how to best tell him his not doing his job but I'm going to .....

If you are thinking of Ntel.... unlimited internet... cheap yes it is, Think Again.

You may end up being a victim like myself who bought a router (N36,000) and 2 months (N20,000) for the price of 3 on the 21st September 2016 and still facing terrible approach as to what to do.

I stood on my feet for 3hrs without sitting just because I needed what I paid for to work.

I'm stuck. That's a fact. I can go crazy on these people for crying out loud but I won't.

NTEL can be sure of one thing after reading this post.
You've lost potential customers maybe not a lot but enough revenue to pay 10 staff a year.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by oloet: 3:55pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ntel21092016:

The manager (kingsway) branch and customer service assistant don't know what they are to do after a lot of trail and error to get the line working.

As a gentleman, I have been quite polite in my approach to get a refund OR get a new line but it seems this is hard to do for both the manager (fideusi) and the customer assistant (Mariam).

The "Tech" guy I saw is a joke. I don't know how to best tell him his not doing his job but I'm going to .....

If you are thinking of Ntel.... unlimited internet... cheap yes it is, Think Again.

You may end up being a victim like myself who bought a router (N36,000) and 2 months (N20,000) for the price of 3 on the 21st September 2016 and still facing terrible approach as to what to do.

I'm stuck. That's a fact. I can go crazy on these people for crying out loud but sure Ntel can be sure after reading this post.
You've lost potential customers.

this is quite unfortunate, create a thread about this and share the link here
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ntel21092016: 3:58pm On Sep 23, 2016
oloet:
this is quite unfortunate, create a thread about this and share the link here

I'm still here 15:58 on my feet. Ntel has not rectified the problem.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 4:42pm On Sep 23, 2016
Ntel21092016:

I'm still here 15:58 on my feet. Ntel has not rectified the problem.

I feel you bro, it's unfortunate what's happening with Ntel; I had high hopes for dem but keep us update us on how it finally ends.

I had to diss Spectranet for them but of late they're network has been quite crappy, download speeds have been limited and network reception in my area has been reduced to the quantity of kola in an old man's pocket.

I even tried paying online today and it's been a herculean task. Well let's see how it goes; all the best.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by acunon: 7:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
Na wah oh, why this negative write up now when I have made up my mind to get a sim, since they said they have started working in my area of recent (iba new site, ojo lagos).
Can I pause my active subscription if I don't get reception on my area?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 8:28pm On Sep 23, 2016
acunon:
Na wah oh, why this negative write up now when I have made up my mind to get a sim, since they said they have started working in my area of recent (iba new site, ojo lagos).
Can I pause my active subscription if I don't get reception on my area?

I'd advise you chill for now and make sure u have adequate network b4 u subscribe, alternatively u could get the sim and pay for the 2days plan to check if it suits u the do a full subscription. Thirdly, u could borrow a sim and try it out b4 going through all the stress. My 2kobo

1 Like

Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by acunon: 8:37pm On Sep 23, 2016
saint2ace:

I'd advise you chill for now and make sure u have adequate network b4 u subscribe, alternatively u could get the sim and pay for the 2days plan to check if it suits u the do a full subscription. Thirdly, u could borrow a sim and try it out b4 going through all the stress. My 2kobo
Thanks, but even after the 2 days sub can i sub online at home?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by saint2ace(m): 9:13pm On Sep 23, 2016
acunon:

Thanks, but even after the 2 days sub can i sub online at home?

Yes boss u can, I just credited my account a few minutes ago. So I can relax 2mrw and not have high BP with the stress of going all the way to ikoyi, bros fuel na 145 per litre oh.

It well sha, let's see how it pans out. Cheers
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 10:31pm On Sep 23, 2016
saint2ace:

Yes boss u can, I just credited my account a few minutes ago. So I can relax 2mrw and not have high BP with the stress of going all the way to ikoyi, bros fuel na 145 per litre oh.

It well sha, let's see how it pans out. Cheers

I want to pay for my subscription at midnight. Please tell me how the network is now? U stay around yaba too. No?
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Stanley08(m): 10:41pm On Sep 23, 2016
Unfortunately, @saint2ace ur comment has been hidden. And maybe u have been banned, i don't know. However, kindly contact me via my signature. WhatsApp, call or flash me. Lol
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by LiamMarshall(m): 12:02pm On Sep 24, 2016
My internet stopped 18 hrs to d expiry time
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by bozz007(m): 12:08pm On Sep 24, 2016
Ntel21092016:

I stood on my feet for 3hrs without sitting just because I needed what I paid for to work.

I'm stuck. That's a fact. I can go crazy on these people for crying out loud but I won't.

NTEL can be sure of one thing after reading this post.
You've lost potential customers maybe not a lot but enough revenue to pay 10 staff a year.

We must have ran into each other there yesterday. I was there to get a sim also and since then, the sim hasn't been accessible.

Exchanged several mails with a customer care rep but still no solution.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by rawdpiper(m): 5:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
greenhulk:

Hi, I can see you're a Spectranet user that's why I'm asking this question. If I were to get a Spectranet mifi from somebody, what are the details I need to get from the person so that I can log into the Spectranet selfcare portal and also pay for subscription online? Also will the selfcare portal contain personal info about the previous user? Would be expecting your reply, Thank you.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Nobody: 5:40pm On Sep 24, 2016
rawdpiper:

Hi, I can see you're a Spectranet user that's why I'm asking this question. If I were to get a Spectranet mifi from somebody, what are the details I need to get from the person so that I can log into the Spectranet selfcare portal and also pay for subscription online? Also will the selfcare portal contain personal info about the previous user? Would be expecting your reply, Thank you.

Just get the username and password from him. On the self care portal u a then change personal information like name, address, phone and email.
Re: Subscriber Options for UNLIMITED Internet - WORTH IT? by Ntel21092016: 6:05pm On Sep 24, 2016
Update
Left the place 16:25. Got in due to traffic 20:30 when I'm supposed to be by 17:10 latest.

I received calls from the manager, tech guy, head of communication, etc.

I've told them it's not the money for some Nigerians.... the time wasted, the disloyalty I received from the management is what I need compensation for which ofcourse, it is impossible.

My family and friends had never seen me so furious before and they just have to pay somehow for this.

Head of Comm said they will give me a month free. Pffff. Do they think that would do for time wasted?

They delivered the router and sim to my house 12:30 on Saturday 24th September 2016.

Tested and working.
I hope it stays that way. It is 18:02 now. Still working. Family had told me to Let it go and not to publish them in The Punch on Monday.
It's absurd. I must say.

2 Likes

(1) (2) (3) ... (16) (17) (18) (19) (20) (21) (22) ... (272) (Reply)

Switch Off Your Phones Before 12:30 - 3:30am Today, Its........ / Help! How Do I Change My 2go Profile Location. / Short Code To Check Ur Phone Number On Mtn, Glo, Airtel And Etisalat

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 64
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.