Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,265 members, 7,818,909 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 07:53 AM

Game Of Thrones S06e05: 'the Door' Recap - TV/Movies - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / TV/Movies / Game Of Thrones S06e05: 'the Door' Recap (654 Views)

Recap: 10 Most Pleasing ‘game Of Thrones’ Deaths. / DOWNLOAD: Game Of Thrones Season 6 Episode 2 (S01E02) – Home / Game Of Thrones Season 6 Premiere Recap: ‘the Red Woman’ (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Game Of Thrones S06e05: 'the Door' Recap by narapollo: 12:21am On May 24, 2016
The first few episodes of a new Game of Thrones season always struggle with having to set up future conflicts, which is why things really get going by the midway point which was this week. The fifth episode was powerful and jam-packed, with quite a few big moments that we will talk about below.

Editor's note: spoilers below for fifth episode of Game of Thrones' sixth season.

Things started at Mole's Town, with Sansa Stark meeting Littlefinger on the outskirts of Castle Black. She brought Brienne for company, and then went on to shame the scheming Lord Baelish for everything he had done to her - "You freed me from the monsters who murdered my family, and you gave me to other monsters who murdered my family", she says in conclusion for her point. It's rare that Littlefinger is taken aback like this, but he's struggling for words. He does eventually get in a word, informing Sansa that her uncle Brynden "Blackfish" Tully has taken Riverrun back from the Freys. And should she need the Blackfish's services in retaking the North, he could be of help, adding Jon is only "half-brother".

Across the Narrow Sea, the other Stark sister - or rather a girl/ no one - is still practicing and repeatedly losing to the Waif, who derives much joy in beating up the young apprentice. Afterwards, Jaqen H'ghar tells her the history of the Faceless Men and sends her out to scout a new target - an actress called Lady Crane - at a stage performance. The play is a re-enactment of the events Arya is personally invested in - from the beheading of her father to the treacherous treatment of Sansa - but a girl is not supposed to have a past. Or questions, as Jaqen reminds her when she asks about Lady Crane and who wants her dead. She does do a good job of blending in, and finding out the best way to end her target's life - the rum.

Then came the episode's first big moment, inside another one of Bran's visions. The Children of the Forest, with Leaf (who had rescued Bran at the end of season four) among them, have a human captive. She goes up to him and slowly drives an obsidian dagger straight through his chest, converting him into a White Walker. That is a big revelation - the fact that the Children of the Forest are responsible for the first White Walkers - read more at[http://www.technetcruz.com/2016/05/game-of-thrones-s06e05-door-recap.html?m=1]
Re: Game Of Thrones S06e05: 'the Door' Recap by mozeyub(m): 12:26am On May 24, 2016
cool This season is going to be unpredictable I guess. Can't wait to see John snow vs Ramsey Bolton battle.
Re: Game Of Thrones S06e05: 'the Door' Recap by Nobody: 12:57am On May 25, 2016
Hold the door.......hodor, I've been traumatized. This is what makes GOT Soo good.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

15 Home Videos That Prove Nollywood 1.0 Wasn’t As Bad As You Thought It Was / Why Are Many Christians Watching ‘game Of Thrones’? / Nairalander Creates A Hillarious Movie Poster Featuring Hillary &donald Trump

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.