Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,505 members, 7,826,905 topics. Date: Monday, 13 May 2024 at 10:37 PM

Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? - Jobs/Vacancies (2) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Jobs/Vacancies / Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? (26560 Views)

I Got A Job Through Debbie And Nairaland On The 14th Of February / Just Got A Job Through Nairaland / First And Second Job Through Nairaland, Resume Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (Reply) (Go Down)

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by SmithHumble50: 7:23am On May 25, 2016
What is jiji?
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by darling4u1: 7:24am On May 25, 2016
U guys might not be far from the truth but I personally got a job call from a sch I applied from jiji. And the sch is real. So b4 applying for a job y not find out the company thru google.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by esejessy(f): 7:25am On May 25, 2016
topsam1:

The six that paid might be part of the useless group jst to motivate the applicants
that is d plain truth.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by femeritus: 7:35am On May 25, 2016
I quite agree most job adverts on the site are scams but it is not true that all are scams. At least I know five persons who got a job through jiji and their salary ranges from 65 to 100k and 3 of them were even given nice accommodation in Port Harcourt. The bottom line is just be careful about how you go about it. I for one will know merely from the invitation whether it's genuine or not.

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by NwaEzefuNaMba(m): 7:39am On May 25, 2016
Oshosam:
Dear All,

I have applied through jiji for several job vacancies and I am yet to an invite so far. Please has anyone gotten a Job through Jiji?

Thanks.

So you have got no job?
After applying for work in jiji you will log into Nairaland and chant SAI BUHARI

1 Like 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Kaycee625(m): 8:15am On May 25, 2016
Lols this reminds me of when, I was serving in kaduna, and wanted to buy used bbQ10. I tried using jiji only for one lady in the site to try duping me.
She put up her location as kaduna, when i now called, she said, she is in edo, i asked why will you put your location as kd, when you are in edo, she now replies that should sells allover d country.
To transact the business come become issue because ahe wants me tp deposit money, then she will send d phone.
I suggested she gives the phone to all these transport company drivers, so dat if i insepect the fone and okay with it, i will pay complete to the driver to deliver her but she refused.
And started telling me she is a big gal, and dat selling fone she does part time, and not her main aoirce of lively hood, that we can be friends after d business.
I jejely deleted her number Jare!, at my age one yeye gal wants to dupe me, she don meet nwa aba be dat angry[color=#000099][/color]

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Kaycee625(m): 8:17am On May 25, 2016
Lols this reminds me of when, I was serving in kaduna, and wanted to buy used bbQ10. I tried using jiji only for one lady in the site to try duping me.
She put up her location as kaduna, when i now called, she said, she is in edo, i asked why will you put your location as kd, when you are in edo, she now replies that she sells allover d country.
To transact the business became an issue because she wants me to deposit money, then she will send d phone.
I suggested she gives the phone to all these transport company drivers, so dat if i insepect the fone and okay with it, i will pay complete to the driver to deliver to her but she refused.
And started telling me she is a big gal, and dat selling fone is part time, and not her main source of lively hood, that we can be friends after d business.
I jejely deleted her number Jare!, at my age one yeye gal wants to dupe me, she don meet nwa aba be dat angry[color=#000099][/color]
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by dammiedot(m): 8:30am On May 25, 2016
Be careful with any dealings with Jiji, a friend of my was scammed through Jiji!!! #JijiIsFilledWithScammers
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by StreamerBlogger: 8:41am On May 25, 2016
SmithHumble50:
What is jiji?
THIEF THIEF angry
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Nobody: 8:58am On May 25, 2016
marycool18:
Here's my experience! cry

So I applied for a job through jiji, and I was invited for an interview at Portharcourt, unity bank complex to be precise...

I arrived the venue an hour earlier with one of my colleagues who also got an invite, at 8am we were shown the hall to sit and a screen was played in the background with inspirational words from God knows who!

So at exactly 8:30am, this guy came in the company of three ladies and talked for long, he's married at 25 or so, a graduate and has a kid, he said imagine my life, yours can be like this if you allow us inspire you, lol!

'I've been to UK' he said, I've been to Cuba, he now went on to display slides from pictures they've taken around the globe, mind you, those pictures looked more like a family vacation he took!

So he now said to secure this job, we gotta register with 6,500 naira, at that point, many people walked out on him, there I was sitting and watching him, I wanted to see the end of all this

6 desperate peeps got up and paid and the stubborn ones were still lying in wait for them, lol

Guy started bringing down the price till he reached 500naira, Mehn everybody laughed so I took my leave, some naughty guys confronted them and threatened to beat the living hell out of them,

I'm sure the 6 who paid are touring the world right now! They are fraudsters! Jiji is a no go area, be warned!

bro i just had the same experience with olx...after those braging,they requested #12.500 for licence to start work de nxt day..but i regreted depositing 1k.all throught dis processes there i tried to know de work dat am employed to start nxt day ...but they pretented i must complete my induction training nd licence fee .
since then i hav been praying for thunder to strike them and get my money back
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by mpowa(m): 9:14am On May 25, 2016
marycool18:

So I applied for a job through jiji, and I was invited for an interview at Portharcourt, unity bank complex to be precise...

I arrived the venue an hour earlier with one of my colleagues who also got an invite, at 8am we were shown the hall to sit and a screen was played in the background with inspirational words from God knows who!

So at exactly 8:30am, this guy came in the company of three ladies and talked for long, he's married at 25 or so, a graduate and has a kid, he said imagine my life, yours can be like this if you allow us inspire you, lol!

'I've been to UK' he said, I've been to Cuba, he now went on to display slides from pictures they've taken around the globe, mind you, those pictures looked more like a family vacation he took!

So he now said to secure this job, we gotta register with 6,500 naira, at that point, many people walked out on him, there I was sitting and watching him, I wanted to see the end of all this

6 desperate peeps got up and paid and the stubborn ones were still lying in wait for them, lol

Guy started bringing down the price till he reached 500naira, Mehn everybody laughed so I took my leave, some naughty guys confronted them and threatened to beat the living hell out of them,

I'm sure the 6 who paid are touring the world right now! They are fraudsters! Jiji is a no go area, be warned!
grin You should be writing novels!

2 Likes 1 Share

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by loomer: 9:24am On May 25, 2016
pomide:
I keep getting mails texts like

SELECTED CV: you are invited for a work chat on the 26/5/2016, 9am at 16 Ondo Street Ebute Meta West, Moshalasi Bus Stop, Costain Lagos. 070-1342-0372 CHR-0372

or

Your Profile impress us,you are invited for work chat on THUR 5/5/16 by 9AM at 16 Ondo Str,behind Keystone Bnk,Mashalasi B/Stop,Apapa,Costain,Lagos.ADTUIN

or

Your Profile impress us,you are invited for work chat on TUE 17/5/16 by 9AM at 16 Ondo Str,behind Keystone Bnk,Mashalasi B/Stop,Apapa,Costain,Lagos.IDIN

or

Due to some management issues ur assessment has been rescheduled 4 Thur.5/5/16 by 9am @16 Ondo Str.West behind keystone bank, Off Apapa Rd,Costain Lagos.R859FD

Added 2 and 2 together... it equaled GNLD

different job adverts o... same Behind Keystone, Costain venue.

Abeg who don go dt Costain?

Which kind names of streets be all these self?
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Nobody: 9:25am On May 25, 2016
The name sef.. jiji translate to thief thief grin
I have never trusted that site not once..
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by donk552(m): 9:45am On May 25, 2016
Elerineye01:
Who jiji epp
me i sold most of my goods through jiji

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by delawal: 9:59am On May 25, 2016
donk552:
me i sold most of my goods through jiji
me too. I have done a lot of sales on Jiji. even this morning I sold a tablet to an airforce officer this morning in Wuse2, Abuja. the problem with most of the ad sites in Nigeria is that a lot of Nigerians take opportunity of them to scam unsuspecting victims. the number one rule there is not to part with ur money until u see what u are buying. some people who are scammed disobey this common law. in my own case I sell in lagos, Abuja and portharcourt. am not in those places but I send some quantities of my stocks to these above mentioned locations depending on d volume of buyers in those areas. if u call my number and said u re interested in buying . I will ask u ur location.it it falls within the areas I cover, I will immediately send u d phone number of my rep in that area for a meetup and one on one transaction. but if ur location doesn't fall into d area I cover I will tell u I can't do. no wasting of time. thats d simple thing. u shout scam scam BC u neglect the instruction given by the Jiji owners that Neva u part wit ur money till u see what u wanna buy

4 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by okooloyun1(m): 10:06am On May 25, 2016
marycool18:

The 6 people that paid might be working with them.

2 Likes

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by marycool18(f): 10:37am On May 25, 2016
mpowa:

grin You should be writing novels!

Really?, I'm flattered wink
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by pomide(m): 11:12am On May 25, 2016
loomer:

Which kind names of streets be all these self?
its all d same street naw..
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Franky826: 11:37am On May 25, 2016
ikevictor22:
People! Forget jiji and activate a linkedin account. Got jobs waiting for you there.

only a pro knows this

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Jacko1(m): 11:53am On May 25, 2016
Jiji are either in on this

Sha natural cycle of life will kill deir website

When complains like this become so much

Their traffic will reduce so low... That they just have a website no active members

Dahs wat happened to olx before they started rebranding

Another site that need to die is jobberman
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Seylad2009(m): 12:30pm On May 25, 2016
ikevictor22:
People! Forget jiji and activate a linkedin account. Got jobs waiting for you there.
I have LinkedIn account, pls how can I used it to source for jobs.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Seylad2009(m): 12:39pm On May 25, 2016
Franky826:

only a pro knows this
I have a LinkedIn account. Please how can I use it to source for jobs.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by LoveJesus87(m): 1:12pm On May 25, 2016
Keziehenry:
Jiji is gnld presidential vila
Lols na nw u jus dey knw. jiji ko jibiti ni grin
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Wizkoko(m): 1:31pm On May 25, 2016
If you are looking for guarantee, I will suggest you use http://ng.jobrapido.com/

Those guys are legitimate.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Wizkoko(m): 1:38pm On May 25, 2016
chichiana:

bro i just had the same experience with olx...after those braging,they requested #12.500 for licence to start work de nxt day..but i regreted depositing 1k.all throught dis processes there i tried to know de work dat am employed to start nxt day ...but they pretented i must complete my induction training nd licence fee .
since then i hav been praying for thunder to strike them and get my money back

I was considering joining the GNLD
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Godswill10: 9:46pm On May 25, 2016
you should b happy you have not been invited. I applied ounce and was invited d next they,when I got dea and discovered its gnld, I got angry and left
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by calculusx(m): 10:39pm On May 25, 2016
RichYoungNigga:
I only buy cars at cheaper rates in jiji

One thing I regretted doing last year was to post car advert on jiji. Till today, lots of adverts that are not mine are still on their website with my contact details attached to them with ridiculous price.
I receive barage of calls from Nigerians everyday looking for too good to be true offers. They come here and copy adverts to their website to draw traffic. I wonder how they get money to run adverts on radio stations. It's the most useless website i'v ever seen

1 Like

Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by yotoyoto: 10:22am On May 26, 2016
Jiji., l hate them. They re no go area a beg. All d jobs i applied for in efritin. Com are gnld too pls take note too.
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by doxarised(m): 10:33am On May 26, 2016
Loooolz. This the confirmation i have been looking for....
They sent me this message from one of the jobs i applied for on jijij

"Your CV Profile impress us,you are invited for work briefing on THUR 26/5/16 by 9AM at 16 Ondo Str,Mashalasi B/Stop,along oyingbo,Apapa Rd,Costain,Lagos.OGNC 081-8165-3736"

Their semantic error in English was the first thing that put me off.... Its a pity i applied in the first place.

God help this country
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Fikifak(m): 12:42pm On Jun 20, 2016
bulldoza:
[size=18pt] It is not jiji's fault
The main culprit here is that BASTÂRD GNLD company.
They are scammers
They are fake
They are everywhere (jobberman, Facebook, Twitter job Naija etc) 99.9 %*percent of any job poster you see on the street is GNLD
ALL THEIR DRUGS ARE FAKE and I noticed they usually contain ADDICTIVES (BEWARE)!

I think government should ban and jail these BASTÂRDS angry
[/size]

Yep man
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Nobody: 11:53am On Jul 30, 2016
got an invitation at ughelle south, pls hw benue is it.. As a driver on jiji
Re: Has Anyone Gotten A Job Through Jiji? by Emmypst(m): 8:49am On Sep 24, 2023
delawal:

me too. I have done a lot of sales on Jiji. even this morning I sold a tablet to an airforce officer this morning in Wuse2, Abuja. the problem with most of the ad sites in Nigeria is that a lot of Nigerians take opportunity of them to scam unsuspecting victims. the number one rule there is not to part with ur money until u see what u are buying. some people who are scammed disobey this common law. in my own case I sell in lagos, Abuja and portharcourt. am not in those places but I send some quantities of my stocks to these above mentioned locations depending on d volume of buyers in those areas. if u call my number and said u re interested in buying . I will ask u ur location.it it falls within the areas I cover, I will immediately send u d phone number of my rep in that area for a meetup and one on one transaction. but if ur location doesn't fall into d area I cover I will tell u I can't do. no wasting of time. thats d simple thing. u shout scam scam BC u neglect the instruction given by the Jiji owners that Neva u part wit ur money till u see what u wanna buy

Yea. so many people do not know how to buy items or interact in a classified online market place: https://www.webemtech.com/how-to-buy-on-jiji-complete-guide/

(1) (2) (Reply)

Submit Your Phone Everyday Before Resuming To Work / Nigerian Navy Direct Short Service Commission (dssc)applicants. / CRAZY Things You Did While Hunting For Job After NYSC

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 68
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.