Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,301 members, 7,822,489 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 11:49 AM

Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? - Phones - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Phones / Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? (923 Views)

Pls Wat 4g Plan Can Dis Phone Work With / Blackberry Aurora Spec : First Blackberry Phone With Dual SIM Slot / See The 4 Sim Phone Invented By A Nigerian In Ekiti State... Photos (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? by msogunro: 4:05pm On May 24, 2016
I would like to buy a phone on Ali Express before my upcoming travel back home.

Is it safe to buy any dual sim phone I like? Will they work with any plan I decide to purchase when I arrive?

Thanks in advance.
Re: Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? by msogunro: 6:07pm On May 24, 2016
Anybody know?
Re: Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? by Najwal: 6:51pm On May 24, 2016
I guess you should check the network support of your current phone and check the one you intend to buy if both 2g 3g 4g network are related
Re: Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? by msogunro: 7:06pm On May 24, 2016
Najwal:
I guess you should check the network support of your current phone and check the one you intend to buy if both 2g 3g 4g network are related

Why do I need to check my current phone? I am not bringing it with me?

I want to buy a ln unlocked dual sim phone from Ali express or eBay and bring it with me to Naija. Will it work in Naija?
Re: Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? by Najwal: 7:39pm On May 24, 2016
msogunro:

Why do I need to check my current phone? I am not bringing it with me?

I want to buy a ln unlocked dual sim phone from Ali express or eBay and bring it with me to Naija. Will it work in Naija?

Are you in Nigeria? If yes then the band your network support which you are using in your phone now can also work on the new phone if you check specification of the phone you intend to buy and see what network band it support, hope you understand what trying to say
Re: Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? by msogunro: 7:42pm On May 24, 2016
Najwal:

Are you in Nigeria? If yes then the band your network support which you are using in your phone now can also work on the new phone if you check specification of the phone you intend to buy and see what network band it support, hope you understand what trying to say

I'm not in Nigeria. I want to buy aND bring the phone I will use while there.
Re: Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? by Najwal: 7:44pm On May 24, 2016
But if you are not in Nigeria maybe you should browse the network provider you intend to use webpage and see what band or whatever it's called their network support but am sure if it's a phone for EU UK most of them support Nigeria network. hope it's a little clear not good at explaining
Re: Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? by Najwal: 7:46pm On May 24, 2016
Check specification and see, like am using Meizu i bought from aliexpress too and it is working fine with network here and it is a dual sim too
Re: Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? by msogunro: 9:00pm On May 24, 2016
Najwal:
But if you are not in Nigeria maybe you should browse the network provider you intend to use webpage and see what band or whatever it's called their network support but am sure if it's a phone for EU UK most of them support Nigeria network. hope it's a little clear not good at explaining

Perfectly clear. Thank you.

I was told to use Glo so I will look at their site and see what kind of phone I need to buy.

thanks again
Re: Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? by Nobody: 12:40am On May 25, 2016
msogunro:
I would like to buy a phone on Ali Express before my upcoming travel back home.

Is it safe to buy any dual sim phone I like? Will they work with any plan I decide to purchase when I arrive?

Thanks in advance.

Instead of that why don't you buy one here in naija as soon as you land

Just go to a phone seller buy one and get a Nigerian simcard

Then you are good to go
Re: Urgent: Will Any Unlocked Dual Sim Phone Work In Nigeria? by msogunro: 1:06am On May 25, 2016
Naijaboy007:

Instead of that why don't you buy one here in naija as soon as you land

Just go to a phone seller buy one and get a Nigerian simcard

Then you are good to go

There is a particular phone I want that isn't sold in Nigeria that I want. The OnePlus One.

(1) (Reply)

Upcoming Andriod Phone With 8gb Of Ram / Tecno S9 For Sale(Sold) / Help! My Itel 1702 Tablet Is Malfunctioning After Updating. What Should I Do?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 15
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.