Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,768 members, 7,809,960 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 05:55 PM

Help Me Review My Acer Aspire E13 Notebook - Computers - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Computers / Help Me Review My Acer Aspire E13 Notebook (1575 Views)

SOLD Very Neat UK Used Acer Aspire 5332 Is For Sale SOLD / My Acer Laptop Refuses To Power ON. / My Acer V5 Screen Refuse To Boot Just Black (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Help Me Review My Acer Aspire E13 Notebook by romeoetin(m): 8:43pm On May 24, 2016
I recently got an Acer aspire E13 notebook PC from someone in Europe. At first, I discovered it doesn't have a DVD ROM drive but I decided to shun it as I can always make use of flash but my major problem now is that, I can't activate office 365 with the product key that came with it cos the product key isn't met for Nigeria and its subregion. Is there anyway to solve this problem?

One more thing: is it a gaming system. don't really know much bout PC's but it has Intel celeron processor N2840

Re: Help Me Review My Acer Aspire E13 Notebook by Goodcare(m): 11:49pm On May 24, 2016
Sorry for late reply

however the laptop is managerable if youre the type that dont deal much with graphic design or autocad ETC

and for the solution of your office 365 you may need to send a mail to the manufactual or try activating via internet OFFICE 356 is about 2000 here in nigeria
you can always call me on
Re: Help Me Review My Acer Aspire E13 Notebook by Nobody: 1:57pm On May 25, 2016
not very sure if this can serve as a gaming computer because celeron processors r not so powerful for heavy games. maybe u can manage it for less heavy games like suduko etc

1 Like

Re: Help Me Review My Acer Aspire E13 Notebook by romeoetin(m): 9:00am On May 27, 2016
can you direct me on what type of laptop would be good for gaming and how do I go about the office 365 stuff?
Re: Help Me Review My Acer Aspire E13 Notebook by romeoetin(m): 9:01am On May 27, 2016
Eaa247:
not very sure if this can serve as a gaming computer because celeron processors r not so powerful for heavy games. maybe u can manage it for less heavy games like suduko etc
can you direct me on what type of laptop would be good for gaming and how do I go about the office 365 stuff?
Re: Help Me Review My Acer Aspire E13 Notebook by romeoetin(m): 9:02am On May 27, 2016
Goodcare:
Sorry for late reply

however the laptop is managerable if youre the type that dont deal much with graphic design or autocad ETC

and for the solution of your office 365 you may need to send a mail to the manufactual or try activating via internet OFFICE 356 is about 2000 here in nigeria
you can always call me on
the N2000 is it just for license key or both the key and software.

Can you gimme a guide on what type of laptop would be ideal for heavy gaming and it's price range?
Re: Help Me Review My Acer Aspire E13 Notebook by Nobody: 3:48pm On May 27, 2016
romeoetin:

THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR A GAMING PC
Graphics Cards (GPU)
I Prefer NVIDIA graphics
Processor (CPU)
At the moment Intel is way ahead and nothing gets close to its top offerings. The Core i7 is the flagship, followed by the i5, but even the latest i3 might b ok.
The later the generation, the better. Intel's 6th generation Core GPUs are named Skylake; Broadwell is the next most recent. If you have the budget, an octa-core Intel Core i7 will give the most raw power, but a quad-core i5 should be enough for most gamers. Given the choice, it makes more sense to spend your money on the graphics card and memory than the processor.
RAM
Aim for 8GB of RAM and you shouldn't have any problems with the majority of today's games. If you tend to have multiple applications running at once, you like to do a lot of video editing, you plan to stream your games, or you just want to future-proof a little bit, you could opt for 12GB or 16GB of RAM.
Drive (HDD or SSD)
Given the choice between SSD and HDD you should always go for SSD. But while SSDs have come down in price a lot lately, they are still much more expensive than HDDs, especially if you need a large capacity. It's not unusual for games to be 20GB or 30GB, but some big games are 50GB or 60GB now, and they're growing all the time. You may find less than 500GB really isn't enough.
Laptops typically don't have two slots due to space restrictions, so using a small SSD as a boot drive and a larger HDD for files and content may not be an option. You could go with HDD to keep your costs down and plan to upgrade in the future. It's fairly easy to switch a hard drive.
The speed boost an SSD will provide for booting up and loading games is well worth the extra cost if you have the cash. It's also worth considering that SSDs are a lot tougher and will generally survive a fall unscathed, whereas a mechanical HDD with moving parts inside could lock up and die on you.
Screen
There's an obvious trade-off here between size and portability. Bigger screens are more fun to game on, but they'll make the laptop bigger, bulkier, and more power-hungry. A 1080p resolutionis going to be the sensible option for most people.
Battery Life
If you want to be able to have extended gaming sessions without an outlet handy, then you should read up about the battery life of your prospective new laptop. A bigger battery means more heat and weight. But, even with a big battery, it's not uncommon for laptops to give up after an hour of gaming.

as for the 365, its usually purchased. Microsoft 365
Re: Help Me Review My Acer Aspire E13 Notebook by romeoetin(m): 8:53pm On May 27, 2016
Eaa247:

THINGS TO CONSIDER FOR A GAMING PC
Graphics Cards (GPU)
I Prefer NVIDIA graphics
Processor (CPU)
At the moment Intel is way ahead and nothing gets close to its top offerings. The Core i7 is the flagship, followed by the i5, but even the latest i3 might b ok.
The later the generation, the better. Intel's 6th generation Core GPUs are named Skylake; Broadwell is the next most recent. If you have the budget, an octa-core Intel Core i7 will give the most raw power, but a quad-core i5 should be enough for most gamers. Given the choice, it makes more sense to spend your money on the graphics card and memory than the processor.
RAM
Aim for 8GB of RAM and you shouldn't have any problems with the majority of today's games. If you tend to have multiple applications running at once, you like to do a lot of video editing, you plan to stream your games, or you just want to future-proof a little bit, you could opt for 12GB or 16GB of RAM.
Drive (HDD or SSD)
Given the choice between SSD and HDD you should always go for SSD. But while SSDs have come down in price a lot lately, they are still much more expensive than HDDs, especially if you need a large capacity. It's not unusual for games to be 20GB or 30GB, but some big games are 50GB or 60GB now, and they're growing all the time. You may find less than 500GB really isn't enough.
Laptops typically don't have two slots due to space restrictions, so using a small SSD as a boot drive and a larger HDD for files and content may not be an option. You could go with HDD to keep your costs down and plan to upgrade in the future. It's fairly easy to switch a hard drive.
The speed boost an SSD will provide for booting up and loading games is well worth the extra cost if you have the cash. It's also worth considering that SSDs are a lot tougher and will generally survive a fall unscathed, whereas a mechanical HDD with moving parts inside could lock up and die on you.
Screen
There's an obvious trade-off here between size and portability. Bigger screens are more fun to game on, but they'll make the laptop bigger, bulkier, and more power-hungry. A 1080p resolutionis going to be the sensible option for most people.
Battery Life
If you want to be able to have extended gaming sessions without an outlet handy, then you should read up about the battery life of your prospective new laptop. A bigger battery means more heat and weight. But, even with a big battery, it's not uncommon for laptops to give up after an hour of gaming.

as for the 365, its usually purchased. Microsoft 365
Thanks for the info. but can you outrightly recommended one for me and its price range.

how much will the office 365 cost?
Re: Help Me Review My Acer Aspire E13 Notebook by Nobody: 1:07pm On May 28, 2016
romeoetin:

Thanks for the info. but can you outrightly recommended one for me and its price range.

how much will the office 365 cost?

Gaming laptops r quite expensive, more exppensive dan d normal laptop.
There r many of dem, u can google it. I knw of Lenovo Y700, dell inspiron 15 700 etc.
Office 365 is about 80 dollars per year, most times its a renewable deal.

(1) (Reply)

Clean Laptops 4 Sale Cheap!!! / Open/access Any Website Easily With A Usa Ip(try This Software) / Laptop For Sale

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 34
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.