Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,339 members, 7,819,196 topics. Date: Monday, 06 May 2024 at 12:33 PM

Some Tips I Have Used In Handling Event Photography - Events - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Events / Some Tips I Have Used In Handling Event Photography (561 Views)

#eastermegadiscount On Wedding And Event Photography / #eastermegadiscount On Wedding And Event Photography / Event Photography And Videography (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

Some Tips I Have Used In Handling Event Photography by Philipsakwari(m): 1:41pm On May 25, 2016
Event photography usually appears very simple but most times a lot of professionalism is required to produce good results. Quite unlike wedding which procedures are already known, event photography covers wide range of activities. It include the more known ones like birthdays, end of the year parties, associations meetings, retirement ceremonies, church programs, child naming or christening programs, product launch among many others.
Usually the first thing a photographer should do is to find out the expectations of his clients since No two events are the same. So he shouldn't assume he already knows how to handle the event. Depending on the title of the event, each event has its own uniqueness and approach and style the organizers wants to use. The photographer should be able to find that out and the high points of the event before he even starts work. He should make out time to chat with the organizers of the event so that he can figure out how he will help them to achieve the aim of the program.
He must have all the required tools for the event. That implies that before the day of the event he already had a fair idea of what he was coming to do and what tool will be ideal to handle it. It will be wrong for a photographer to go out during the event to look for either battery or any other thing to buy. Usually camera batteries should be well charged before the event commences. For details follow the links: http://philipsakwari.com.ng/2016/05/25/some-tips-i-have-used-in-handling-event-photography/
It is also important that the photographer follows the rules the organizers of the event gave him. If he has suggestions to make, he should have made it during the initial chat. That gives the organizers the idea of the kind of innovations or changes to expect. Towards the end of last year, I covered an event for Linkedin at Four Points by Sheraton in Lagos. We had been chatting online before we met on the event

Re: Some Tips I Have Used In Handling Event Photography by Abacharles(m): 1:49pm On May 25, 2016

(1) (Reply)

Event: Nigerian Student Fashion And Design Week To Hold In August | #N / Vote For Contestant Of Smartdon Entertainment Music Show / Vendor Sourcing And Selection

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 10
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.