Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,153,016 members, 7,817,994 topics. Date: Sunday, 05 May 2024 at 02:41 AM

Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August - European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / European Football (EPL, UEFA, La Liga) / Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August (2508 Views)

Southampton Vs Arsenal (4 - 0) On 26th December 2015 / Atletico Madrid Vs Real Madrid: Spanish Super Cup (1 - 0) On 22nd August 2014 / FA Cup: Chelsea Vs Portsmouth (4 - 0) On 8th January 2011 (2) (3) (4)

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply) (Go Down)

Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by Cristalz(f): 12:47am On Aug 21, 2009
Arsenal welcome Portsmouth to the Emirates on Saturday afternoon for their second game of the season.
The Gunners seem to be well-organized so far, defeating Everton 6-1 last Saturday, and Celtic 2-0 on Tuesday. The impact of new signing Vermaelen was positively felt during both games; the defender provided strength at the back, and proved quite good in going forward. Alex Song and William Gallas were equally satisfactory, leaving goalie Almunia with no extra work to take care of.
The presence of Andrei Arshavin seems to be enough consolation for the loss of Emmanuel Adebayor. Arshavin is firstly a midfielder, but his dead-on shots and immense skill qualify him as a good enough striker as well. With Cesc Fabregas holding things up in midfield, the Gunners look covered in there.
Attack-wise, Robin van Persie and Bendtner have not been very impressive so far, but they've managed to get the job done. Wenger has also got Eduardo available to keep the goals coming in.
With players like Walcott, Nasri and Wilshere available (why is Arsene hiding Wilshere anyway?), the Gunners are set for their starting line-up, as well as bench options. All this ammo and positivity should be sufficient to give Portsmouth a very difficult time indeed.

Portsmouth has got a threadbare squad at the moment. Evidence- the team lost both games played so far. Perhaps it's the current takeover drama going on at Fratton Park that's affecting the team's productivity on the pitch, who knows? But, whatever it is, it's killing Portsmouth fast. The loss of Peter Crouch to Tottenham Hotspur isn't helping matters either, as well as the ongoing bid for team captain Distin, who is eager to exit the club.
Nwankwo Kanu might be able to provide some flavor in attack though.
David James will certainly not be in an enviable position come Saturday afternoon.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by mukina2: 1:59am On Aug 21, 2009
another sure win cool
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by slimshay(m): 6:37am On Aug 21, 2009
all right then,lets go there!!! cool
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by FBS: 8:02am On Aug 21, 2009
This should a walkover. pssf.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by hollandis(f): 9:02am On Aug 21, 2009
Cristalz:

Arsenal welcome Portsmouth to the Emirates on Saturday afternoon for their second game of the season.
The Gunners seem to be well-organized so far, defeating Everton 6-1 last Saturday, and Celtic 2-0 on Tuesday. The impact of new signing Vermaelen was positively felt during both games; the defender provided strength at the back, and proved quite good in going forward. Alex Song and William Gallas were equally satisfactory, leaving goalie Almunia with no extra work to take care of.
The presence of Andrei Arshavin seems to be enough consolation for the loss of Emmanuel Adebayor. Arshavin is firstly a midfielder, but his dead-on shots and immense skill qualify him as a good enough striker as well. With Cesc Fabregas holding things up in midfield, the Gunners look covered in there.
Attack-wise, Robin van Persie and Bendtner have not been very impressive so far, but they've managed to get the job done. Wenger has also got Eduardo available to keep the goals coming in.
With players like Walcott, Nasri and Wilshere available (why is Arsene hiding Wilshere anyway?), the Gunners are set for their starting line-up, as well as bench options. All this ammo and positivity should be sufficient to give Portsmouth a very difficult time indeed.

Portsmouth has got a threadbare squad at the moment. Evidence- the team lost both games played so far. Perhaps it's the current takeover drama going on at Fratton Park that's affecting the team's productivity on the pitch, who knows? But, whatever it is, it's killing Portsmouth fast. The loss of Peter Crouch to Tottenham Hotspur isn't helping matters either, as well as the ongoing bid for team captain Distin, who is eager to exit the club.
Nwankwo Kanu might be able to provide some flavor in attack though.
David James will certainly not be in an enviable position come Saturday afternoon.

DSTV or HITV?
I am still waiting for the PM
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by toosoon(m): 10:46am On Aug 21, 2009
Arsenal 3 Portsmouth 0
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by yousouph(m): 11:46am On Aug 21, 2009
The astonishing begining of the season continues at the Grove. Maximum shishi. Victory is certain grin
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by tayoccu(m): 12:27pm On Aug 21, 2009
i don't care about the score line, i just want the 3 points.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by slimshay(m): 12:42pm On Aug 21, 2009
tayoccu:

i don't care about the score line, i just want the 3 points.

I care oh, put the fear of God into MAN and devil!! grin
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by pek(m): 1:12pm On Aug 21, 2009
3-0 for arsenal and no futher injuries.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by Bobbyb(m): 1:34pm On Aug 21, 2009
As a bona-fide Arsenal supporter,i do know the team has a reasonable amount of quality. But 1 thing am not still so sure of very early in d season is if d team led by young Cesc Fabregas can have d required stamina and carry burden placed upon them by millions of Arsenal faithfuls especially d 1's in 9JA undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided undecided
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by edoyad(m): 1:58pm On Aug 21, 2009
They have the Stamina, It's the depth of the Stamina i'm worried. Ok, we go through until January and Song leaves for ACN and Gallas gets groin injury, what then ? Do we start to lose points like It's out of fashion ?
I say yes we can but the WE CAN comes with a caution to Wenger: defence needs depth uncle.

With Celtic in midweek and Man U next weekend i expect a cautious selection and approach. 2-1 looks good to me.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by tayoccu(m): 2:13pm On Aug 21, 2009
edoyad:

They have the Stamina, It's the depth of the Stamina i'm worried. Ok, we go through until January and Song leaves for ACN and Gallas gets groin injury, what then ? Do we start to lose points like It's out of fashion ?
I say yes we can but the WE CAN comes with a caution to Wenger: defence needs depth uncle.

With Celtic in midweek and Man U next weekend i expect a cautious selection and approach. 2-1 looks good to me.

I couldn't agree more
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by Cristalz(f): 3:53pm On Aug 21, 2009
@hollandis
Sorry for the delay, dearie.  .  .sent you the PM.

Just checked now. . .DStv is showing Wigan-United tomorrow, so that means HItv will show the rest.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by allboyz(m): 4:22pm On Aug 21, 2009
Arsenal kids (Team B / C ) should be able to nick this in. . . . we are playing Celtic and UTD next week too but nuffin do us sha. . . tongue tongue

4 - 1 in favor of the L'arse grin grin grin
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by cbjonstage(m): 6:39pm On Aug 21, 2009
bullets all the way, thank God they bear ports mouth as a club name.
we'll be launchin and netting d goals in dia mouth (goal-post) grin cheesy grin undecided
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by mykali(m): 7:11pm On Aug 21, 2009
Bendtner should better lace up his scoring boots for tomorrow.
i'm counting on his ass for some points
and Van Persie should grab a hatrick
Portsmouth is not an opposition compared to what them kids did to Everton.
Right . . .?
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by vikiviko(m): 8:20pm On Aug 21, 2009
Its another sure 3points for the Gunners.

But we all know Arsenal to be good starters but will end the season woefully.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by hollandis(f): 10:10pm On Aug 21, 2009
Cristalz:

@hollandis
Sorry for the delay, dearie.  .  .sent you the PM.

Just checked now.  .  .DStv is showing Wigan-United tomorrow, so that means HItv will show the rest.

Thanks it was insightful .These DSTV guys are core man u supporters
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by Nobody: 3:30am On Aug 22, 2009
Van Persie, Denilson or Cesc for the goals and MOTM tomorrow.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by mukina2: 12:22pm On Aug 22, 2009
no way angry

Arshavin to score double hat trick cheesy
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by whitelexi(m): 1:39pm On Aug 22, 2009
A 7 - 1 or 7 - 2 score should do nicely cheesy
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by Phony200(m): 2:08pm On Aug 22, 2009
I fear for Portsmouth. They might be relegated next.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by follypimpi(m): 3:08pm On Aug 22, 2009
Why change the winning team ??
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by yousouph(m): 3:18pm On Aug 22, 2009
Worry not follypimpi. We will still win. Tight schedule ahead, expect some changes and tired legs. Go GUNNERS. PS. Dike dike's team are being spanking by lowly Mainz
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by javaprince(m): 3:19pm On Aug 22, 2009
Poor defending, Crazy/Great play by Eduardo to setup Diaby, This will be a walkover for us
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by follypimpi(m): 3:20pm On Aug 22, 2009
GGGGGGGGOOOOOOOOOAAAAAAAL !!!!!!
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by whitelexi(m): 3:22pm On Aug 22, 2009
2 - 0!!!!!!!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by yousouph(m): 3:23pm On Aug 22, 2009
Told u follypimpi. Diaby brace
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by follypimpi(m): 3:24pm On Aug 22, 2009
goooooaaaaaaaaaaaalllllllllll !!!!!!!
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by follypimpi(m): 3:26pm On Aug 22, 2009
yousouph:

Told u follypimpi. Diaby brace

I know we gna WIN,i just prefer the WINNIN team the more they play together the more unified they become.
Re: Arsenal (4) Vs Portsmouth ( 1) On Saturday 22nd August by edoyad(m): 3:27pm On Aug 22, 2009
Diaby and Fabregas seem to be in mood. grin

(1) (2) (3) (4) (Reply)

Why Resignation Is John Terry's Best Option - And Who Should Replace Him / Hail Rooney-the King Of Diving Yet Uefa Bans Eduardo / Bolton Wanderers Vs Manchester United [2 - 2]On Sunday 26th Sept 2010

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 30
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.