Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,155 members, 7,821,928 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 09:58 PM

Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) - Culture - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Culture / Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) (901 Views)

The Genealogy Of Igbos / Industrious Nature of Igbos / Origin Of Igbos: Read The Debate Between Two First Class Igbo Monarchs (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) by coolmc(m): 3:33pm On May 25, 2016
Igbo love

The worst fallacy being mouthed by other Nigerians is that Ndigbo do not love themselves. I am Igbo and I grew up in Igboland.

In colonial days, my people lifted each other up, contributing money to train brilliant kids. Sending them to Europe and the United States to get the best available education. At independence, these brilliant kids took over almost all top positions occupied by the British.

When the genocide commenced in 1966, my people welcomed back refugees from other parts of Nigeria, and shared their accommodation with non-relatives when the war broke out and habitable Igbo territory shrunk.

When the war ended, I watched my people lift one another up through apprenticeship, creating wealth from Abiriba to Afikpo, from Nnewi to Nsukka, and to the utmost parts of Igboland.

Today, Igboland has the most evenly distributed wealth and educational attainment, with no hordes of Igbo beggars on any street.

Igbo love cannot be washed away by empty shouts of, "The Igbo do not love themselves." No other ethnic group in Nigeria has shown as much love, neither will they survive what the Igbo has gone through.

Love is the secret of Igbo success.....

2 Likes

Re: Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) by Nobody: 3:36pm On May 25, 2016
Ndigbo kwenu!!

I smell haters below me.... cheesy
Re: Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) by emmykingkong: 3:38pm On May 25, 2016
abeg tell demoo
Re: Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) by Nobody: 3:42pm On May 25, 2016
There are many lies and media propaganda against the Igbos in Nigeria, just don't waste your time listening to them.

1 Like

Re: Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) by Kondomatic(m): 3:44pm On May 25, 2016
Agents of hate will attack you because they have no love in them.

Another tribe that I respect any day any time is yoruba, you just need to spend a night in their place and they will treat you like indigene already.

Unlike the north that you will grow up there, marry there, build there, born there and they will still treat you like a stranger.

1 Like

Re: Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) by fernandoc(m): 3:45pm On May 25, 2016
Igbos have survived a lot. And very soon the world will notice what an amazing set of people we are. Ndi Igbo ekenem u
Re: Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) by IRserveMyComent(f): 4:11pm On May 25, 2016
Igbo............. Is a life style
....................A language
....................A great nation.

1 Like

Re: Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) by Nobody: 4:13pm On May 25, 2016
Ndigbo kwenu!
Re: Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) by Nobody: 5:11pm On May 25, 2016
Adaure4ever:
There are many lies and media propaganda against the Igbos in Nigeria, just don't waste your time listening to them.
sure, but i like igbo girls sha...they used to be cute plus they sabi cook wella. when they love you,there's no limit in what they can do for you such b nice tribe!

1 Like

Re: Love Is The Secret Of Igbos Success (mind Blowing) by Moz22: 7:46pm On May 25, 2016
Adaure4ever:
that notion is mutual..don't limit it to just igbos alone

(1) (Reply)

Magic Or Skill: See A Yoruba Man In Action / Zen Koan / Can Wuraola, Ex-queen Of Ooni Of Ife Still Be Married To Whosoever She Chooses?

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 13
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.