Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,155,034 members, 7,825,256 topics. Date: Sunday, 12 May 2024 at 10:14 AM

What To Do If You Get "Card Not Smart" Response At The Atm Machine - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / What To Do If You Get "Card Not Smart" Response At The Atm Machine (5914 Views)

Police And Soldier Clashed At ATM Machine In Damaturu / The Atm Is 50 Years Old Today / How To Withdraw Money From The ATM Without Your Debit Card (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

What To Do If You Get "Card Not Smart" Response At The Atm Machine by viki84(m): 6:39pm On May 25, 2016
This tip i'm about to give you is not widely known by ATM card users but it can be save you from frustration especially when at long ATM queues, We know that sometimes when you slot your ATM card in the cash dispensing machine, you get the response "CARD NOT SMART" in this case don't panic, eject the card, rub the silver panel chip on your head for about 7-10 seconds, then insert the card again and do your transactions without recieving the annoying response again
Re: What To Do If You Get "Card Not Smart" Response At The Atm Machine by pendusky(m): 6:53pm On May 25, 2016
viki84:
This tip i'm about to give you is not widely known by ATM card users but it can be save you from frustration especially when at long ATM queues, We know that sometimes when you slot your ATM card in the cash dispensing machine, you get the response "CARD NOT SMART" in this case don't panic, eject the card, rub the silver panel chip on your head for about 7-10 seconds, then insert the card again and do your transactions without recieving the annoying response again

when my colleague did that for one of our customer and it worked, I was surprised. Ur right! the card don't communicate with machine coz of dirt on the silver panel.

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Get "Card Not Smart" Response At The Atm Machine by BL3zzY(f): 7:27pm On May 25, 2016
i guess the sliver panel is getting old

lesson everyday

1 Like

Re: What To Do If You Get "Card Not Smart" Response At The Atm Machine by MASTAkiLLAh(m): 9:42pm On May 02, 2021
Worked for me grin

(1) (Reply)

17 Real-life Ghost Stories That’ll Freak You The Bleep Out / See The World's Longest Ocean Bridge Located In China. / Tyga’s Rumored Ex, Girlfriend Demi Rose Shows Off Her Hot Bikini Body

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.