Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,194,598 members, 7,955,198 topics. Date: Saturday, 21 September 2024 at 07:23 PM

BPL Champions Leicester City Make £23m Musa Bid. - Sports - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Entertainment / Sports / BPL Champions Leicester City Make £23m Musa Bid. (578 Views)

Ahmed Musa Mobbed By Fans At Mosque In Abuja (Photos) / Iheanacho's 86.9 Mins-Per-Goal Ratio Is The Best In BPL History / Leicester City's BPL Triumph: 5 Life Lessons To Be Learned (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

BPL Champions Leicester City Make £23m Musa Bid. by KingOfAmebo(m): 7:40pm On May 25, 2016
Leicester City have made a bid in the region of £23m for CKSA Moscow striker Ahmed Musa, according to the Russian club's manager Leonid Slutskiy.

The Premier League champions were interested in the 23-year-old in January, but have now returned with a concrete offer for the Nigeria international.

Musa scored 18 goals and provided six assists in 44 appearances for CSKA this season, as he helped his club secure their sixth Russian Premier League title.

Leicester are expected to bring in some major additions to their squad as they look to defend their league title next season and CSKA boss Slutskiy has confirmed the Foxes have made a bid for their leading goalscorer.

Speaking to Match TV, Slutskiy also revealed his striker is keen on a move to the King Power Stadium to work under Leicester boss Claudio Ranieri.

"The British club offered a bit less than €30m (£22.86m)," he said.

"Musa came to me a few days ago and asked when he [Ranieri] is back for the holidays and I told him I do not know, I do not know Ranieri."

Negotiations between the two clubs reportedly broke down in January because Leicester were not prepared to meet CSKA's £18m asking price for Musa at the time.

Musa is currently with his national squad preparing for Nigeria's friendly with Mali on Friday, before taking on Luxembourg the following Tuesday.

Slutskiy admitted he was virtually resigned to losing Musa this summer when asked what the chances were of his striker remaining in Russia.

"I do not know for sure," he said. "It is the work of our management but I think the probability is high."

Source: http://www.skysports.com/football/news/11712/10293758/leicester-have-made-an-offer-for-ahmed-musa-says-cska-moscow-boss

Re: BPL Champions Leicester City Make £23m Musa Bid. by geniusgenes: 7:42pm On May 25, 2016
Wow... That money can definitely buy lots of tomatoes.
Re: BPL Champions Leicester City Make £23m Musa Bid. by feldido(m): 8:00pm On May 25, 2016
Cool move if he decides.

(1) (Reply)

Sportking Bet Predictions ( Join Now And You Might Get Lucky ) / Muhammed Ali The Great Boxer Is Dead. / Muhammad Ali: Africa’s Stars Take To Twitter To Mourn Departed Legend

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 12
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.