Stats: 3,154,117 members, 7,821,832 topics. Date: Wednesday, 08 May 2024 at 07:45 PM

Airtel, Why? - Technology Market - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Science/Technology / Technology Market / Airtel, Why? (813 Views)

(2) (3) (4)

Airtel, Why? by abulbanaat(m): 8:46pm On May 25, 2016
I had never wished to use this forum to register this displeasure of mine at Airtel Nigeria simply because I am aware of how far the message could go. But Airtel is nothing but rigid and complacent so I need to let the world know of their evil.

One, I have concluded to jettison their Sim card but I like to warn the unsuspecting public about their dubiousness and I-don’t-care attitude.

This is my story:

On 19th day of May, 2016, I recharged my Airtel line 08082815017 with a sum of N1,000 to get a 1.5GB worth of data, that was after an ostensible advert from Airtel that they now offer 1.5GB at N1,000 among other bogus claims. So when I loaded the amount, a sum of N47.65 was immediately deducted from my recharge. Meanwhile, before then, I had been subject to a constant N10 deduction for a supposed VAS [Value Added Service] every time a damned message of Job Advert came into my phone. I lodge a complaint about that on 9th day of March, 2016 and they promised something would be done about it. So when I recharged on 19th May and N47.65 was deducted again, in fact, I had to quickly rush out and purchase a N100 recharge card lest the guys ‘thief’ everything; so when that amount was deducted again I lodged another complaint. To my chagrin, @airtel_care told me, also via their WhatsApp Platform, that and I quote: ‘Please be informed that the deduction observed on your line was for recovery of credit loan service that was taken on the 14th April 2016. Thank you.’ It was a shameful lie from whomever was behind the message. I never took any loan on that 16th. In fact, I had never taken any loan from any GSM provider in my life. So I asked them to prove it, till date they have been dumbstruck.

That is number one complaint.

Compliant Number Two: When eventually I converted the N1000 to data, I was credited with 1.5GB as they claimed. Please don’t forget that was on 19th day of May, 2016. But yesterday, 24th May, I was told my 1GB had been exhausted by me. I did not make any mistake, they said 1GB not 1.5GB.

My grouse, firstly, I don’t know how I would have exhausted the so called data just between 19th and 25th. yes I watched a couple of 10 min YouTube videos not enough to have ‘chopped’ everything. Secondly, help me aske Airtel Nigeria, what happened to the remaining .5GB. I have asked them but they are perhaps ruminating a lie to tell.

Simple, I am fed up with them.
If they do not want me to break their SIM (apology to everyone here for using your lingo), they should act fast. I have told them, I will at least convince 1000 people to break their SIM too. I need not tell them how effective I can so act. I give them 24 hours to act unless…

Re: Airtel, Why? by loadedvibes: 9:48pm On May 25, 2016
this is front page material make them answer you
Re: Airtel, Why? by tradeplusib: 10:03pm On May 25, 2016
abulbanaat:
I had never wished to use this forum to register this displeasure of mine at Airtel Nigeria simply because I am aware of how far the message could go. But Airtel is nothing but rigid and complacent so I need to let the world know of their evil.

One, I have concluded to jettison their Sim card but I like to warn the unsuspecting public about their dubiousness and I-don’t-care attitude.

This is my story:

On 19th day of May, 2016, I recharged my Airtel line 08082815017 with a sum of N1,000 to get a 1.5GB worth of data, that was after an ostensible advert from Airtel that they now offer 1.5GB at N1,000 among other bogus claims. So when I loaded the amount, a sum of N47.65 was immediately deducted from my recharge. Meanwhile, before then, I had been subject to a constant N10 deduction for a supposed VAS [Value Added Service] every time a damned message of Job Advert came into my phone. I lodge a complaint about that on 9th day of March, 2016 and they promised something would be done about it. So when I recharged on 19th May and N47.65 was deducted again, in fact, I had to quickly rush out and purchase a N100 recharge card lest the guys ‘thief’ everything; so when that amount was deducted again I lodged another complaint. To my chagrin, @airtel_care told me, also via their WhatsApp Platform, that and I quote: ‘Please be informed that the deduction observed on your line was for recovery of credit loan service that was taken on the 14th April 2016. Thank you.’ It was a shameful lie from whomever was behind the message. I never took any loan on that 16th. In fact, I had never taken any loan from any GSM provider in my life. So I asked them to prove it, till date they have been dumbstruck.

That is number one complaint.

Compliant Number Two: When eventually I converted the N1000 to data, I was credited with 1.5GB as they claimed. Please don’t forget that was on 19th day of May, 2016. But yesterday, 24th May, I was told my 1GB had been exhausted by me. I did not make any mistake, they said 1GB not 1.5GB.

My grouse, firstly, I don’t know how I would have exhausted the so called data just between 19th and 25th. yes I watched a couple of 10 min YouTube videos not enough to have ‘chopped’ everything. Secondly, help me aske Airtel Nigeria, what happened to the remaining .5GB. I have asked them but they are perhaps ruminating a lie to tell.

Simple, I am fed up with them.
If they do not want me to break their SIM (apology to everyone here for using your lingo), they should act fast. I have told them, I will at least convince 1000 people to break their SIM too. I need not tell them how effective I can so act. I give them 24 hours to act unless…

Had the same experience - deductions for silly text subscription I never made, after there recent network wahala every time I load credit I get deductions for a supposed loan undecided

So I fixed the problem myself

Went out and bought an etisalat Sim for making calls, now my Airtel line is in 'recieve ' only mode. Sebi na when they see credit wet them go thief, won't load that line for the next 90 days! tongue cool
Re: Airtel, Why? by sinebaba(m): 11:30pm On May 25, 2016
Had the experience too, the issue is all Nigeria network provider are thief. Glo do the same also mtn I don't have etizalat sim so can't say anything about that
Re: Airtel, Why? by Lokoyen(m): 11:44pm On May 25, 2016
lalasticlala where u dey? Pls frontpage
Re: Airtel, Why? by Janey411: 2:24am On May 26, 2016
This is surprising as I am Airtel user and my data never runs out quickly. You should probably check that your apps are not on autoupdate or probably there is something else draining your data.
Re: Airtel, Why? by diportivo: 3:51am On May 26, 2016
Airtel??

Flee!!!

Daylight robbery is their thing
Re: Airtel, Why? by abulbanaat(m): 9:45pm On May 27, 2016
An agent called yesterday...I am still waiting for when they will make home their promises.
Re: Airtel, Why? by hopeforcharles(m): 10:37pm On May 27, 2016
abulbanaat:
An agent called yesterday...I am still waiting for when they will make home their promises.
make i complain too oh. This Airtel theiving don dey too much.
Here is my twitter
May 25
@airtel_careHi airtel ystday I did a smart tribe nite browsin my money taken n not successful can u luk in2 it and revert it 081244378553

How To Purchase Chatsim International SIM Card / Factory Unlock Iphone 5 For Sale / Hp 14ac100ni LAPTOP Intel Quad Core 1tb Hdd 4gb Ram