Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,154,194 members, 7,822,028 topics. Date: Thursday, 09 May 2024 at 02:27 AM

See How A Hungry Crocodile Has A Wholesome Around Tough Tortoise Sell. - Nairaland / General - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / See How A Hungry Crocodile Has A Wholesome Around Tough Tortoise Sell. (538 Views)

Massive Crocodile Killed In Bodija, Ibadan (Photos) / 331 Year Old Tortoise Found In Ogbomoso, Oyo State (Photos) / Crocodile Swallows 8-Year-Old Boy In Zimbabwe, Villagers Dissect It (Pics, Video (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply)

See How A Hungry Crocodile Has A Wholesome Around Tough Tortoise Sell. by DreyDemun(m): 9:36pm On May 25, 2016
Faced with huge teeth and gaping jaws, one tortoise
played it smart and retreated into the sanctuary of its
armour-like shell as hungry crocs fought over it. Its
tactic wasn't the smartest after all as one croc
battled the others away and swallowed the tortoise
whole. The images were taken by part time photographer
Lisl Moolman, 42, at South Africa's Krueger National
Park while on a family holiday. She said: 'I was sitting at the dam, sightseeing and
watching animals as they came to drink. As is the
norm, crocodiles sunbathe at this dam. Everything
was quiet and tranquil, until another visitor attracted
my attention showing me that a crocodile just caught
a leopard tortoise and was moving into the water at great speed. She added: 'I saw a crocodile at the water's edge
moving into the water with high speed, a leopard
tortoise clamped tightly between its jaws. The
tortoise shell is notoriously quite hard to break. It
kept the tortoise in its jaws, while some more
crocodiles gathered around it. It wasn't long before they started fighting over it, and the tortoise
disappeared into the depths of the water after being
dropped.
'After a couple of minutes, it drifted to the surface,
where a crocodile guarded it until swimming away
after about half an hour.' The croc may find that shell hard to stomach.

Re: See How A Hungry Crocodile Has A Wholesome Around Tough Tortoise Sell. by donvicky2007: 12:08am On May 26, 2016
So this hike in food price they affect this crocodiles

Op where is the picture?

(1) (Reply)

Full Text Of President Buhari’s Democracy Day Speech (READ) / Challenge: Read This Sentence Without Twisting Your Tongue / – The Niger Delta Avengers Has Revealed That It Has Allegiance With Biafra

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.