Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,151,423 members, 7,812,243 topics. Date: Monday, 29 April 2024 at 10:37 AM

MTN Launches N59bn Digital TV Service Today - Business - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Business / MTN Launches N59bn Digital TV Service Today (769 Views)

MTN Launches Free Advertizing Platform To Support Small Businesses / Be A Vtu,data And Digital Tv Bill Reseller Or Distributor / Get 250 Clients/customer For Your Product/service Today (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

MTN Launches N59bn Digital TV Service Today by Deeluv2010(m): 10:33am On May 26, 2016
Comments

Nigerians Embraces Convergence as MTN launches Nigeria’s 1st converged Digital TV and OTT-VOD service.

Nigeria takes a bold step into the era of Telecommunications, Broadcasting and Media convergence as MTN Nigeria launches the pilot of its digital television broadcasting service in Jos, Plateau State.

The TV service, which went live today [Thursday, 26 May 2016], is sequel to the issuance of a digital broadcast licence to MTN by the Nigerian Broadcasting Corporation (NBC) last year.

According to Ferdi Moolman, CEO, MTN Nigeria, “MTN is committed to providing Nigerians with innovative digital platforms which will enhance the way we live, work and play.

Once we commence full commercial activities, the TV service will deliver an exciting bouquet of rich local and international content to Nigerians.

In addition, subscribers will have the freedom to watch their favourite programmes when they choose to via MTN VOD service, rather than having to watch at a specific broadcast time.

This will be the first fully converged broadcast and OTT-VOD service to launch in MTN.”

“Indeed, the launch of MTN TV is another bold demonstration of MTN’s abiding faith in the future of Nigeria, driving growth and development by enabling Nigerians keep pace with the latest global trends and converged solutions.”

Elaborating further, MTN Nigeria Executive, Lynda Saint-Nwafor said “MTN’s vision is to lead the delivery of a bold new digital world.

We are committed to exploring opportunities and avenues to expand our digital footprint and value offering to our customers.

We are therefore constantly seeking appropriate channels to place the latest technologies and services in the hands of Nigerians and this is one of such.”

http://sleekarena.com/mtn-launches-n59bn-digital-tv-service/

Re: MTN Launches N59bn Digital TV Service Today by Jeffrey12(m): 10:36am On May 26, 2016
REALLY?
Re: MTN Launches N59bn Digital TV Service Today by alberto2k(m): 10:40am On May 26, 2016
MTN and APC lipsrsealed grin
Re: MTN Launches N59bn Digital TV Service Today by Nobody: 10:53am On May 26, 2016
Huawei in action. Digitization started from Jos yet Ntel is not considering jos.
Re: MTN Launches N59bn Digital TV Service Today by lukency(m): 1:10pm On May 26, 2016
I hv been watching d tv station 4 sumtime through my strong decorder.
Re: MTN Launches N59bn Digital TV Service Today by cyberguy72(m): 2:08pm On May 26, 2016
lukency:
I hv been watching d tv station 4 sumtime through my strong decorder.
hw do u connect to d decoder?
Re: MTN Launches N59bn Digital TV Service Today by eye2sabi(m): 4:38pm On May 26, 2016
nice... but why always MTN? i keep wondering why a Nigerian firm can't take the lead on such matters. all our polithiefians know how to do is spend money on little girls and travelling abroad for parties.
i weep for my Nation

(1) (Reply)

Check the Exchange Rate As Naira Gained Both On Interbank & Parallel Mkt.(pic) / Mark Zuckerberg Visits Nigeria, Facebook's Largest African Market / We Sell All Brands Of Galvanized Steel And Pipes

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 8
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.