Welcome, Guest: Register On Nairaland / LOGIN! / Trending / Recent / New
Stats: 3,150,726 members, 7,809,765 topics. Date: Friday, 26 April 2024 at 02:29 PM

Dear Nairalanders, Is Old Age Really A Blessing Or A Curse???? - Health - Nairaland

Nairaland Forum / Nairaland / General / Health / Dear Nairalanders, Is Old Age Really A Blessing Or A Curse???? (486 Views)

Blessing Timidi-Digha's Two Children Die In Fire Outbreak (Photos) / *baby Face* A Curse Or A Blessing / 10 Natural Ways To Prevent And Slow Old Age (2) (3) (4)

(1) (Reply) (Go Down)

Dear Nairalanders, Is Old Age Really A Blessing Or A Curse???? by nashito(m): 11:23am On May 26, 2016
Good day everyone, for sometime now, i've been at home (post NYSC things) with my grand mum, and I have been able to make some observations bout the subject matter. my grand mum should be in her early 90's now, and she's very old and weak, although she's been properly taken care of by my mum. But my questions here as regards to whether old age is a blessing or a curse is base on this facts....
#1. my grandma does same routine everyday. she wakes up, eat, takes her bath, then sleep..this she does simultaneously everyday for the rest of the year. Most times we all know how tiredsome sleeping and been all alone could be, my question is this, instead of living this boring life. is it not better to just die and go?
#2. Secondly, my grandma could be seen as someone who.has fulfilled all her purpose in life. How? Her last born already has 4kids, and he's doing extremely well for himself and my grdnmik have also been properly cared for until now that she can't even know how a good food taste like, why not just die and rest
#3. thirdly, All my life, I have never seen anyone as spiritual as my grand mum, If there's a place called heaven in reality, am I can bet my life she's sure gonna be there after life. in fact, even her state, she still wakes up every 5am, 12pm and 9pm to pray on daily basis (this is her only addiction). according to her, she lived all her life knowing only one man and that's her husband. No other man saw her unclothedness.
#4. finally, Most times, or rather in most cases, Aged people say or do things that they are not even aware of, and in the process might say or do things to wrong both people and God, so my question is this, ,is it not ideal for one to die when one have fulfilled of not all at least most if the tings expected in life?
Pls I need matured minds to comment on this issue and mind you. am not praying for her death am only saying what's ideal and base on my opinion.
thank you
Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is Old Age Really A Blessing Or A Curse???? by IRserveMyComent(f): 11:37am On May 26, 2016
The giver of life knows when to take it. My own grandmum died at 110. The same routine every day. My mum also took care of her till death. Upon that my mum and her siblings cried on her burial day. My grandmum saw her great,great,great,great grand children,thats her fourth generation. I can identify with all you listed above.

1 Like

Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is Old Age Really A Blessing Or A Curse???? by ITbomb(m): 11:45am On May 26, 2016
People crying for a 100+ person. SMH

Yes, it is a curse because we were not supposed to grow old, if not for the woman, we would be living forever and strong not rotting out to death
Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is Old Age Really A Blessing Or A Curse???? by Nobody: 11:50am On May 26, 2016
Perhaps there is fulfilment that comes with that stage of life. Then the reality of death. It is scary mehn! grin angry cry
Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is Old Age Really A Blessing Or A Curse???? by ITbomb(m): 11:55am On May 26, 2016
coonz:
Perhaps there is fulfilment that comes with that stage of life. Then the reality of death. It is scary mehn! grin angry cry
Scared of death at 90+? That is laughable except you got your hands into evil.
At 90 seeing my successful children, Grand children and great grandchildren, living comfortably with someone taking care of me, I would be going to sleep every night praying that the good Lord call me home that night
Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is Old Age Really A Blessing Or A Curse???? by Nobody: 12:01pm On May 26, 2016
ITbomb:

Scared of death at 90+? That is laughable except you got your hands into evil.
At 90 seeing my successful children, Grand children and great grandchildren, living comfortably with someone taking care of me, I would be going to sleep every night praying that the good Lord call me home that night

Scared @ my present age! Not @ 90+
Re: Dear Nairalanders, Is Old Age Really A Blessing Or A Curse???? by pcoolioz(m): 1:00pm On May 26, 2016
I was talking about this exact thing with my mum today , mehn 90is okay for me to go and if I am gonna be bed ridden before then I would rather not be alive.

it doesn't seem like a blessing cos its pointless doing the same boring stuff everyday, especially when the friends you grew up with are no longer there self, then the fact that someone has to take care of you and you have more strength to do things you used to. I could go on but mehn I think finally it's just when the lord says.

1 Like

(1) (Reply)

Infertility:Do You Really Want To Get Rid Of Infertility,let's Talk / HEALTH! Guys These Types Of Soaps Might Be Affecting Your Erection / NIL

(Go Up)

Sections: politics (1) business autos (1) jobs (1) career education (1) romance computers phones travel sports fashion health
religion celebs tv-movies music-radio literature webmasters programming techmarket

Links: (1) (2) (3) (4) (5) (6) (7) (8) (9) (10)

Nairaland - Copyright © 2005 - 2024 Oluwaseun Osewa. All rights reserved. See How To Advertise. 16
Disclaimer: Every Nairaland member is solely responsible for anything that he/she posts or uploads on Nairaland.